AECOM Tishman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AECOM Tishman Interview Questions

3.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM Tishman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was a breeze and the hiring manager was very friendly! I felt very comfortable and expressed general interest and look forward to working with this company very soon!

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM Tishman (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through AECOM for other positions and subsidiaries. HR asked me to apply for the internship, but I requested an application for a project engineer. I was granted an interview, and asked for a more immediate interview date. They were willing to accommodate my timeline.

Post interview, they described how I didn't ask enough questions and wasn't assertive enough with my answers. I got majority of the answers correct, but they said my demeanor was too nice and apologetic when I interrupted their question for more clarification. It might be a lose-lose at times with some of the questions they ask:

1.If you ask more questions for clarification, they then tell you to answer the question with what's provided. After the session, they say you didn't ask enough questions.
    2.If you answer it without enough provided information and get it wrong, its unfair. The questions they asked was ambiguous.

Questions they ask could get frustrating and awkward. I think it made me feel uncomfortable, but the point of the exercise is for them to access your decision making skills and body language when you are uncomfortable. They are looking for a confident, self-assured, and decisive candidate. If you don't get any tough questions, you're pretty much the leading candidate. They were pretty fair, considerate, honest, and made time to meet with me. They asked if I'd be interested in other positions. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• I enjoyed the questions they asked, so I asked them to ask me more! It was almost like a brain teaser or puzzle to me. Got the opportunity to show off how much I had learned as a recent grad.

What are the types of elevators and requirements, types of welds/ how to estimate it, what are you going to do during change order disputes in-field, MEP coordination...what are most rigid/flexible, development length, why do we lap rebar, who invented the scheduling tools used, slump test, structural connections, etch. They asked for my interests, aspirations, and how I cooperate with team members. Asked to communicate in writing, read, and identify technical terms for a foreign language as well.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM Tishman (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Process was somewhat scattered. At the time they had just acquired or merged with another company so some key players were unavailable. I had a phone screen with an HR Director who then scheduled me for an interview 2 weeks later because she was traveling to help with the merger. I interviewed with 3 people at once, on holding the same position I was applying for. The questions weren't very involved or very structured and were very random and had little to do with my experience. One of the interviewers could not get past my educational background and my first job (in finance) and seemed to have dismissed me from the start. I followed up with the woman who phone interviewed me and she said she'd be in touch with next steps either way, which she never did. It's pretty lame to not follow through on your word. Young job seekers don't care if they are shot down, they just want you to do what you said you would which is follow up.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself on 5 years? What do you like most about HR? Why did you choose HR? Tell me a little about your experience? What systems do you use? Those were really the only questions they asked pertaining to the position. A lot was really about my college degrees and my first position.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM Tishman (Somerset, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

The employees that gave the interview were 2 PMs and they were both very personable and easy to talk to. The interview was quick well organized in a sense that they knew what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in construction before?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AECOM Tishman (Bronx, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR Dept at AECOM (owns Tishman) for an admin position. I went on the interview and was told by 3 VP's that I was overqualified for the position. They were really pushing for me to take one of three other available (engineering-type) positions. I was told that I would hear back in a day or two, but never heard back. I don't have an engineering degree, but have been in the business for 10 years. I was told by HR that a degree was required, while the VP's thought otherwise.

Interview Questions

• When you do a change order where do you get the numbers from?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AECOM Tishman in June 2012.

Interview

Formal proposal and interview process was attended by our proposed team where each person was interviewed by ownerships selected group of individuals. We explained our respective roles in the project and exactly what out time commitment would be.

Interview Questions

• Hotel construction experience   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AECOM Tishman (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Talk with an executive about the project with respect to the skills you can bring to the workplace. Typical stuff. Interviewed with a panel also who asked questions relating to the project and my skills.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AECOM Tishman (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Standard interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AECOM Tishman (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2008.

Interview

Simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable