AES Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AES Corporation

2.9

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Arlington, VA).

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screen with a company recruiter followed by a phone interview and finally an in-person interview with multiple business and legal representatives. Feedback was timely.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generally background related and tended to focus on the specific role or department of the interviewer; i.e. the claims representative tended to ask questions related to my experience with claims and disputes.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Internal hire, so process was shortened, but much the same for outside. Basic behavioural about interest in the position, and a few questions to gauge your depth of understanding of global power markets where AES has operations. One business case, very open ended.

Interview Questions

• If you were a developer for AES, where would you develop a project, what type of power project would it be, and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was smooth but hard to get terms in writing in my offer. Had to push back a couple times to ask them to include terms in the document. Was awkward, but the company in general is not formal about processes, including employment contracts.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AES Corporation in January 2019.

Interview

It was a 3 part phone screen. I was contacted over 2 days by 3 people from the team with which I would be working. The interviews were mainly going over my resume and seeing how I handled different situations that could arise, such as how I handle frustration, how I approach research, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work without direct oversight and were still expected to produce.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you faced repeated frustrations on a project and how you responded.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Arlington, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

Simple Phone Interview. Asked basic questions. Nothing out of the ordinary for a IT intern position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the Energy business?   Answer Question
    • Talk about your experience and relate it to the position you are interviewing for   Answer Question

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

For AES Energy Storage. Conducted a phone interview with HR (contracted) and then was flown out for an in-person. Met with half a dozen team members during the day-long interview and then waited for a month before the HR person contacted me to let me know that the position had been withdrawn. Expenses I paid (they covered hotel, flight but promised in email to cover food, Ubers) were never reimbursed, even after multiple follow-up emails and discussions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard informational interview questions.   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AES Corporation.

Interview

I interviewed for a different office in Cumberland, and was not hired for that position. However, and different division was hiring and was contacted to interview. The interview process and hiring process was painless.

Interview Questions

• What is my knowledge of wind turbines? (which was nothing at the time)   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AES Corporation.

Interview

Initial communications were very streamlined; I knew where I was going, when and who to contact. The entire process was very simple and straightforward. I was notified of with whom I would be interviewing in advance, so it gave me an opportunity to do some background research on the people who would be interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I wanted to stay in the position I was being considered for long-term. Mind you, the position was entry-level and when previously been asked what my 5 and 10-year goals were, they would not be in line to answering this question as 'yes.'   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Arlington, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

phone screen followed by a single interview. quick efficient for the most part. Unfortunately company lost my travel expenses and had to resubmit 3 times before I was reimbursed

Interview Questions

• why should I hire you instead of the other dozen resumes I have with similar experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

reasonable back and forth negotiation. Company gave me a very fair and generous offer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AES Corporation.

Interview

Phone Interview for one hour, asked about some basic behavior questions.The interview was only scheduled for about an hour, and finished in about an hour. mainly walked through resume and explained accomplishments to them, and answered a few questions. I asked some questions as well. I received an offer a few days after the interview.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AES Corporation.

Interview

Use recruiter is easier to get the interview opportunity