ALM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

ALM Interview Questions

Interviews at ALM

2.2

Sponsorship Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALM (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was actually very easy, and comfortable. I actually really liked the manager who hired me, but he left soon after I started to take another position in the company so I had to work for another manager who I did not like.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about my experience in sales, but there were also questions about what I personally liked to do in my free time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALM (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed asking for a phone interview. Had one phone interview with my (now) direct manager that lasted 30 minutes. A week and a half later, I was offered the job by phone.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done in the past and what interested you about it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALM.

Interview

I applied for the internship online and had a phone interview a few weeks later. At the phone interview I was asked to tell something about myself and my background. The interviewer also described the job responsibilities. The interviewer seemed professional and friendly, but I never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have some writing experience and if so, what kind of things have you written before?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALM (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Meet with quite a few people. Most seemed to be too busy to really get into any kind of meaningful conversation - checking email / taking phone calls. Office seemed to be pretty well organized. Apart from the bad interview techniques most people seemed to be really nice.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALM (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online to have 2 kickoff interviews. I then went to the actual company to do my final round of interviewing. Everything went great up to this point until the actual interview where the 2 men I was being interviewed by were SO rude. Not only did I leave the actual interview upset about the facial expressions they were doing throughout the entire interview but afterwards when NO one emailed me for 2 weeks about the job/interview. I finally caved in and emailed them myself and not one person emailed back. I'd like to say since I made it that far into the interview process I did a good job, if anything they didn't care. ALM has a long history of narcissism and company issues. I don't recommend this company, unless you want to waste your time. I'm truly disappointed and expected more from them.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALM.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. HR was very timely, never left me waiting. Questions were as expected (what's your greatest strength, weakness, name a time you faced a work challenge and how did you work through it etc.). I heard back right away after my interview via a phone call from the hiring manager which I thought added a nice personal touch.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few metric-related questions when I spoke of my success at my previous job. I would say as a marketer, to come prepared to an interview with a few key metrics in the back of your head.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALM.

Interview

Initial phone interview was easy, a few questions about your resume and qualifications. If you maintain that you are a closer and can back it up with some proof on your resume they will bring you in for an in person interview with an HR person and a manager for the group you would work in. The two round interview took about one hour and there were a lot of standard interview questions. There was also a personality/skills test to take online.

Asking tough questions about employee turnover, average commissions earned and average sales statistics will give you an idea if this is the job for you pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• There was a personality screening that had a bunch of odd questions. If you give off the vibe that you will make 100 cold calls a day to win business you will get a call back.   Answer Question

There are better jobs out there with better outlook. Pay was OK. High turnover rate.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALM.

Interview

- Initial phone screening with Human Resources recruiter
    - Secondary phone call with the direct position manager

Questions were very similar for each. Mostly behavioral question, not much technical

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALM (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via phone. They did an initial screening. Follow up with HR via phone and given job expectations and a detailed job overview. 1st interview via phone with hiring manager. Follow up 2nd interview in person. Met HR, hiring manager and VP. 3rd interview with hiring manager and product specialist for mock sales pitch. Email and then phone conversation with hiring manager to communicate offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know our main competitors? How would you overcome and sell despite not being the industry leader?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated salary

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALM.

Interview

Easy, they were desperate - the job had been open for almost a year. The person who hired me would be my direct report - she was incompetent.