ALPLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALPLA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALPLA in April 2017.

Interview

Started with initial phone screen with HR manager. After this I complete an online assessment with your standard profiling questions. Second step in the process was a more detailed phone screen by the hiring manager. After successfully completing the first rounds, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview that was a panel style where I was interviewed by the hiring manager, HR manager and HR director. I then had a peer interview conducted immediately after the panel interview. Last round was to have an interview with the global head of procurement. Very professional process and all persons I met were knowledgeable and engaging. Questions geared towards evaluating whether or not my background stated on my resume was real or artificial as well as trying to identify whether I would be a good fit in the organization. Extremely efficient process and concluded faster than any other process I have been a part of for a role at this level.

Interview Questions

• Tell me someone whom you look up to in business and why   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALPLA.

Interview

Alpla has a very organized and rather impressive interview process. 1st interview was a simple phone interview, it lasted around 15 min. The second was a more typical HR / manager interview with a mechanical aptitude test. The final round was a behavioral panel interview. I had been on a lot of interviews and never had I experienced anything like that, which honestly impressed me. That took about an hour. Alpla made me an offer the following day and I accepted. It was a fair and reasonable offer.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I don't remember, but things like tell me about one specific example of x, how you dealt with it and what was the outcome. about 15 or so of those type questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ALPLA (McDonough, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

First, I had a simple phone interview; just basic screening questions. Then I had a Google Hangouts interview about my prior experience, and other internships. It was about 6 questions, and they used the STAR method (Situation/Task, Action, and Result).

Interview Questions

• They asked me about how comfortable I was working in an extremely diverse workplace.   1 Answer

Packing Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALPLA (Saint Peters, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Must start through a temp agency, work 90 days, then get hired on. Most temps last less than a week before quitting so by this time you will have proven your ability to show up and do the job without issue. Pretty much a technicality. I consider the real interview to be during your first 90 days as a temp, seeing how good you perform as well as the temp seeing just how stressful the job can be.

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager do you prefer working for?   1 Answer

Machine Operator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ALPLA (Iowa City, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy. You have to go through a temp agency though. You take a mechanical compression test and a math test. Cotton swab your mouth for your drug test. After that you interview with the assistant plant manager. He took me for a plant tour showing me the process and what they do, then they asked me what area id like to work in and gave me an offer on the spot.

Technical Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALPLA (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Started off attending a company presentation at my school's career development center. Left my resume with the presenter and got scheduled for an on campus interview. The on campus interview was with the presenter and another sales rep from the office I was applying to. After this interview I waited about a week and was invited to interview in Atlanta. In Atlanta I interviewed with one of the Sales reps from the initial interview, the North America Sales Director, and North America Operations Director. The interview was pretty typical, resume run threw, asked me to describe myself, discussed their products and processes. At the end of the interview I was asked to do a short and easy excel exercise.

Interview Questions

• When asked what I knew about their products.   1 Answer

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northern, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALPLA (Northern, KY) in June 2010.

Interview

Fairly simple process, they reached out scheduled interview. I meet with department manager, HR Manager went over resume, answered questions regarding previouse employment experiences. Answered questions regarding hobbies/life, then questions about how I handle stressfull situations. It was a fairly comfortable interview. They were able/wililng to answer all questions I had regarding company.

Interview Questions

• Really was not unexpected/difficult questions. Be honest on resume don't oversell your capabilities and you should be fine!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase I made it clear to put best foot forward and their offer was fair with good benifits

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALPLA (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview involved 3 rounds of personal interviews. The first was the HR Round. The second round was with the Head of ALPLA Academy, Technical Round. The third round was with the VP of HR, Organisational Fit Round.

The interviewers seemed more interested in the candidates personal history that his/her capabilities. Also there is no follow-up from their end, the candidate had to follow-up to find out what happens next.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of preparing a Training Need Analysis document?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wirral, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALPLA (Wirral, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process was good, the Engineering manager at the time of my interview was very good and detailed.
    Interview was two stage
    Plant tour was very quick.
    Salary and terms changed during interview f

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hr changed terms and training plans

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALPLA (Barcelona (Spain)) in May 2011.

Interview

2 Interviews, one with a HR consultant and another one with the management.

Interview Questions

• What is the behavior difference between PP and PE.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They presented only one offer.