ALPS Funds Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ALPS Funds Services Interview Questions

1.7

Alternative Investments Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALPS Funds Services (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Two interviews - first was with the office manager; second was with the office manager (same as the first interview), three supervisors, and a vice president. Simple questions about certain scenarios or situations regarding success and/or failure.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed and how did you overcome the failure.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALPS Funds Services.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email from headquarters setting up a time to interview. I showed up and it wasn't a typical say anything to impress the guy. I think the manager had already made up his mind and just wanted to make sure that I showed up and was presentable. There were some tough questions, but he answered every question you could have asked and wasn't expecting me to ask questions. At the end of the interview he asked if I was still interested in the position and said I would be a great fit and basically told me what the salary would be and asked if it was okay. He told me no positions were currently available, but the turnover is very high, so there should be availability soon. I think it was about 10 days later that I got the offer for the job to start 3 weeks after that. Once I got the offer I had to get fingerprinted and take a drug test prior to the first day of employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years? Are you good with deadlines? What are your salary requirements? What would your manager say about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer that was lower than we had talked about in the interview, so I mentioned the number in the interview and she said she would have to talk to the hiring manager and get back to me. She called again the next day and said the higher amount was approved and asked me if I wanted to accept the job offer.

Database Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ALPS Funds Services.

Interview

No interview process for me

Processing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALPS Funds Services (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

It took a few weeks after I applied for a position with ALPS to receive a call from the recruiter about setting up an interview. My interview was a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Questions consisted of describing strengths/weaknesses, customer service, teamwork, etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALPS Funds Services (Denver, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

The recruiter submited my resume to the company, and I met them for an interview. They asked standard interview questions (ie what kind of manager would you describe yourself as). They were very candid about both pros and cons of the job and the company. Post- interview, all communications came through the recruiter and it was overall very easy and painless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I utilized the recruiter to help with the offer process and negotiations and it went well.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALPS Funds Services in July 2009.

Interview

Short and not lengthy enough to weed out bad candidates.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer project plans or to do lists?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Firm offer - No negotiation

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALPS Funds Services in August 2008.

Interview

My first interview was with HR. It was short and she asked me about my accounting skills that I had acquired in my previous internship. The second interview was with a panel--all the managers and the CEOs. It was very laid back and more conversational. It seemed more like a personality interview than anything.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you went above and beyond?   Answer Question