AMC Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2018

2.4

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email a few days after I submitted an application online. I scheduled an in-person interview with the recruiter and the hiring team. The interviews were both okay, normal stuff, and I had to complete a writing test which I had spent hours pouring over. I had to follow up multiple times to get an update from the recruiter--she said she would know next week. Followed up again and no response. Totally ghosted which I find a bit disrespectful considering the interview process/unpaid writing test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where everything went disastrous, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Audio Video Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMC Networks (Bethpage, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Very laid back. Always felt comfortable. Made me feel like I was wanted.

Negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by a in-office interview. I was asked to come in to interview two managers for the particular department. And after the interview was over, they did a background check along with a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Probably the question, why do you want to work in the particular industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AMC Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

There was no formal interview. Instead, I submitted a sample coverage project to the office coordinator and after review I received a call telling me that I had been accepted into their internship program. It is very small, so it was difficult to get placed in it, but I tried two years in a row and eventually I got it.

Interview Questions

• How passionate was I about television.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied through school career site. Received email from an assistant, had one interview with my soon to be boss. Interview was pretty easy, maybe less than half an hour. Mostly asked about stuff on resume.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Hiring process was very straightforward: submit and application via their website, they contact you and let you know if they are interested. Scheduled an in-person interview that was about thirty minutes and then was told that if they needed anything else, they would be in touch. Got word that I had been hired within the week.

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Played e-mail/phone tag for almost three weeks until we finally had a call. Afterward, went on-site and met with three people I would be working with. Each was assigned a few generic interview questions to ask. One spent a lot of time taking notes and did not seem like an experienced interviewer—lots of awkward silences while this person typed. The questions were more appropriate for testing one's interviewing/speaking ability than one's relevant work experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of our corporate values? What would you add?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you took a risk.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to provide feedback to a colleague.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received customer feedback.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on something that was not directly within your responsibilities.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AMC Networks in March 2015.

Interview

A phone interview, lasted 35 minutes, he asked a series of basic questions and just wanted to get a gage on my interest in the job. It was a smaller department within marketing, so he also wanted to get a gage on if we would be professionally compatible, asking about organization skills, creativity, background in Microsoft word, excel, ppt, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently pursuing any other jobs in the entertainment industry?   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR to set up an in person interview about a month after applying. First round I meet with the three people I would be working with along with someone in HR. Pretty basic interview questions, just walking through resume, why do you want to work of AMC, what do you know about the company, etc. After about a week I was contacted for and was asked to come in for a second interview. I then meet with the head of department and was taken out to lunch. After this I did not hear back for a month and was informed that they went with another candidate

Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMC Networks in June 2011.

Interview

Went in for a basic interview, was told I would be contacted once the department was up and running, I sent several e-mails inquiring about the position over the next few months and was told they would be in touch. I never received a phone call or e-mail from anyone, was very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Never got a chance to speak with the manager of the department.   Answer Question