AMC Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.4

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

An initial phone interview was set up. After that, I came in to the office for two in-person interviews. The process took a few weeks since this was around the holidays. Everybody was nice and respectful of my time.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation in which you disagree with your supervisor about your design work?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Played e-mail/phone tag for almost three weeks until we finally had a call. Afterward, went on-site and met with three people I would be working with. Each was assigned a few generic interview questions to ask. One spent a lot of time taking notes and did not seem like an experienced interviewer—lots of awkward silences while this person typed. The questions were more appropriate for testing one's interviewing/speaking ability than one's relevant work experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of our corporate values? What would you add?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you took a risk.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to provide feedback to a colleague.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received customer feedback.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on something that was not directly within your responsibilities.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen then was asked to come in for an onsite interview about two weeks after. I met with two people back to back. The meetings were unstructured and informal. I was told I would hear back in a couple weeks. After not hearing back I emailed to follow up, no response. I was disappointed that his is how the recruitment process is handled. A simple response would have left a better taste in my mouth regarding this company/the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Who is your most influential person in your life?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me to apply for the position and I did, and later I was called into the office. I met with the Director and also the VP. Great experience discussing my background and accomplishments. However, after I left the building and sent follow up emails asking for my status a week later and two. Never heard back, and I realized that I too got ghosted with the same experience that those that went in as well for an interview mentioned on this website . Not to mention, I kept seeing this job getting re-posted after my interview. Therefore, I wasted my time coming in and I assumed that I was not the fit that they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Networks in July 2017.

Interview

I had sent in an application online in May 2017, and received an email regarding my application in July 2017. A phone screening was quickly set up between myself and a 'Talent Acquisition Consultant.'

Off the bat, it seemed that the interviewer was very disorganized. On initiating the call, I confirmed which Product Manager role we were discussing, as I had sent in the application some time ago, and they seemed to think that I had applied to be a Social Media Manager. They quickly corrected themselves, but then asked me to send my resume to them as they didn't have it on hand.

The interview continued after that, fairly standard questions working through my resume and experience, however the conversation was quite wandering and the call itself took 45 minutes. In addition, the interviewer seemed unfamiliar with/mispronounced a number of common product management/technology tools.

Near the end of the call, my interviewer said something about being a good fit for the PM role with Consumer Products. I asked them to elaborate, and was told about the role that I had thought we were discussing (Product Manager, TVE/Consumer Products). On asking them to clarify, if perhaps they had split the role into 2 positions, the interviewer was unable to answer clearly, and said they weren't sure.

At the end of the call, I was told that while my experience was very relevant, the hiring manager would probably be looking for someone with more experience under their belt for the Product Owner position, but that I would be a great fit for the Product Manager role (which, STILL, was what I thought we had been on the phone about for a good 45 minutes, and which I had clarified with them multiple times).

This interviewer seemed extremely confused, and very disorganized. I found them on LinkedIn and it doesn't seem that they are junior, so it leaves a lot of open questions about the hiring process and how HR is handled.

Interview Questions

• Can you discuss your experience with moving users through a revenue/marketing funnel?   Answer Question

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for an on-site interview to meet with 4 people from the team. I met with 2 people from the team (VP of Product and product manager) which seemed to go well. After that I was left alone in the room for 20 minutes with no notification, I called the first interviewer who then sent someone to apologize for the mix up and escorted me out. I was very disappointed in the lack of professionalism and organization. Felt like everyone was running around with their heads chopped off.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach UX for a media streaming interface?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Got ghosted by these people recently -- no follow up of any kind after an onsite interview. Despite being sure to expressly ask them when they'd be getting back to me. And being expressly told, "Oh you'll definitely be hearing from us -- at the latest by the end of the coming week".

So in case you're thinking of investing your time talking with these folks -- that's what you can expect.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR to set up an in person interview about a month after applying. First round I meet with the three people I would be working with along with someone in HR. Pretty basic interview questions, just walking through resume, why do you want to work of AMC, what do you know about the company, etc. After about a week I was contacted for and was asked to come in for a second interview. I then meet with the head of department and was taken out to lunch. After this I did not hear back for a month and was informed that they went with another candidate

Legal Interview

Interview

I received an email within a week of applying asking for an interview. From there, I scheduled with the HR and had a casual in person interview with my future supervisor. Approximately one week later received an offer via email

Interview Questions

• What interests you about AMC Networks over other companies?   Answer Question

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Standard Interview process. Applied online and was contacted by HR within three weeks. Walked through resume and discussed salary negotiations. Interview process ended after phone call with HR since the range was much lower than I anticipated.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations? How much did you make in your previous roles? Why are you interested in working at this network? Walk me through your current role.   Answer Question