AMC Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AMC Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Networks in July 2017.

Interview

I had sent in an application online in May 2017, and received an email regarding my application in July 2017. A phone screening was quickly set up between myself and a 'Talent Acquisition Consultant.'

Off the bat, it seemed that the interviewer was very disorganized. On initiating the call, I confirmed which Product Manager role we were discussing, as I had sent in the application some time ago, and they seemed to think that I had applied to be a Social Media Manager. They quickly corrected themselves, but then asked me to send my resume to them as they didn't have it on hand.

The interview continued after that, fairly standard questions working through my resume and experience, however the conversation was quite wandering and the call itself took 45 minutes. In addition, the interviewer seemed unfamiliar with/mispronounced a number of common product management/technology tools.

Near the end of the call, my interviewer said something about being a good fit for the PM role with Consumer Products. I asked them to elaborate, and was told about the role that I had thought we were discussing (Product Manager, TVE/Consumer Products). On asking them to clarify, if perhaps they had split the role into 2 positions, the interviewer was unable to answer clearly, and said they weren't sure.

At the end of the call, I was told that while my experience was very relevant, the hiring manager would probably be looking for someone with more experience under their belt for the Product Owner position, but that I would be a great fit for the Product Manager role (which, STILL, was what I thought we had been on the phone about for a good 45 minutes, and which I had clarified with them multiple times).

This interviewer seemed extremely confused, and very disorganized. I found them on LinkedIn and it doesn't seem that they are junior, so it leaves a lot of open questions about the hiring process and how HR is handled.

Interview Questions

• Can you discuss your experience with moving users through a revenue/marketing funnel?   Answer Question

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for an on-site interview to meet with 4 people from the team. I met with 2 people from the team (VP of Product and product manager) which seemed to go well. After that I was left alone in the room for 20 minutes with no notification, I called the first interviewer who then sent someone to apologize for the mix up and escorted me out. I was very disappointed in the lack of professionalism and organization. Felt like everyone was running around with their heads chopped off.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach UX for a media streaming interface?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Got ghosted by these people recently -- no follow up of any kind after an onsite interview. Despite being sure to expressly ask them when they'd be getting back to me. And being expressly told, "Oh you'll definitely be hearing from us -- at the latest by the end of the coming week".

So in case you're thinking of investing your time talking with these folks -- that's what you can expect.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR to set up an in person interview about a month after applying. First round I meet with the three people I would be working with along with someone in HR. Pretty basic interview questions, just walking through resume, why do you want to work of AMC, what do you know about the company, etc. After about a week I was contacted for and was asked to come in for a second interview. I then meet with the head of department and was taken out to lunch. After this I did not hear back for a month and was informed that they went with another candidate

Legal Interview

Interview

I received an email within a week of applying asking for an interview. From there, I scheduled with the HR and had a casual in person interview with my future supervisor. Approximately one week later received an offer via email

Interview Questions

• What interests you about AMC Networks over other companies?   Answer Question

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Standard Interview process. Applied online and was contacted by HR within three weeks. Walked through resume and discussed salary negotiations. Interview process ended after phone call with HR since the range was much lower than I anticipated.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations? How much did you make in your previous roles? Why are you interested in working at this network? Walk me through your current role.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took months. Several interviews with HR. I made it to the final round of interviews. Thought I did well, however I will never know because I haven't received a formal rejection. I have sent several emails to HR asking for an update on their hiring process and my emails AND phone calls were ignored. Hopefully they will have a better process in the future

Director of Affiliate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a company called Carlsen Resources who is the recruitment agency AMC uses to recruit for some of their roles. I thought the interview went well and was given advice for what to expect in the 2nd round and then I never heard back from the person who contacted me from Carlsen despite following up with her twice.

If AMC is going to use an external agency to recruit and vet candidates for their roles, they should really make sure that company responds to people interested in working for them as this experience put a negative taste in my mouth for AMC.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter. It went really well. Scheduled an in-person interview the following week. It was great learning more about the position and company. The only disappointment was that I was travelling from another city, going straight from the train to the interview, and the interview only lasted a mere 15 minutes. The interviewer also hadn't taken a look at my resume and it seemed like she had a bunch of things on her mind that kept her from fully engaging in the conversation. Next thing I know it skips past my asking questions and the interviewer saying we'll be in touch. From there I figured I didn't get it and it was confirmed when I followed up a week later. Disappointing but looks like a great work environment and exciting company to work for if you love AMC Network shows.

Interview Questions

• What TV shows do you like to watch? Do you watch any shows on Netflix? Be prepared to walk through your resume like any other interview, and make sure you squeeze those questions in even if they don't ask you if you have any ask questions. I think that was my ultimate downfall, so I definitely suggest incorporating it into your conversation.   Answer Question

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AMC Networks (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about 2-3 weeks after I applied for the position online. My recruiter set up a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager for the following week. I met with the recruiter first who asked me very typical HR questions. I was also asked to name my favorite AMC Networks shows. After about 15-20 min, he escorted me to another floor to meet the hiring manager. My interview with the hiring manager was like having a conversation with an old friend. Lasted about an hour. I ended up not getting the job which I found out about a week later, BUT the department decided not to fill the position.

However, the hiring manager passed my resume on to another manager from a different team who was about to post an opening that was very similar to the one I initially applied for. That manager contacted me directly about the position, and we began a 6 week email dialogue all about the job requirements and my work experience. They sent me the link once the job was posted, and I applied online. Someone from HR emailed me to schedule my interview. I met with the same HR recruiter I saw back in March--we basically just made small talk and reviewed my resume and discussed salary requirements. Then I met with the manager, and this interview basically mimicked the previous one I had in March in both style and questions. I received an offer 2 days later along with instructions to authorize my background check and set up an appointment to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite AMC Networks show?   Answer Question
    • How do you decide which tasks to prioritize?   Answer Question
    • How do you cope with different personality types?   Answer Question
    • What is your least favorite responsibility at your current job?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized?   Answer Question
    • Where do you want to see your career in 5 years? 10 years? What are your long term career goals?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite shows and movies outside of the AMC Networks family?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed or something went horribly awry at work and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question