AMETEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMETEK (Altamonte Springs, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

I was first contacted by Rauland on LinkedIn with a request to set up a phone screen. Initially, I was unsure if the position was a good fit based on what I was provided however I figured it would be beneficial to at least have a conversation over the phone so I provided my telephone number. Three weeks went by, and I had still not received a call or response back to my email. I did however see the job posting again during a search I was conducting so I opted to send my resume. A few days later, I was contacted again to set up a phone screen which did occur this time a few days later. I was asked a few basic questions regarding my experience, what I was looking for in my next position and given an overview of the role and company. I was advised face to face interviews would be scheduled early the following week. Two weeks passed before I heard back with an invite to meet with the management team.

The first thing that put me off was the office itself. It was shabby, gloomy and in desperate need of some updating. One of the interviewers declined to shake my hand, sighting "sickness". Keep in mind, we were in a tiny conference room with the door closed, so instead of a handshake, now I'm stuck in this room breathing in their sick germs for the next hour. Great. Another interviewer was very condescending for most of the interview however I tried to answer their questions as best as I could.

Although I have many years of experience, based on some of the questions and scenarios they threw at me, it was obvious that they were seeking someone who had very specific experience, some of which I have not encountered in my career. Nonetheless, I'm certain I could have performed in the job just fine. I did not however feel that the company or the management team was a good fit for me. As I expected, the feeling was mutual. I was less than five miles away after leaving the interview when I received a generic rejection email.

As someone who has interviewed and hired candidates in the past, I found their timing in sending the rejection letter to be incredibly rude and insulting. Sure, some companies wait weeks or send nothing at all however what message does a company send a candidate when they cannot even wait for the candidate to leave the parking lot before letting them know they were not interested? Candidates spend a lot of time preparing for and traveling to interviews. And while I often knew during an interview when someone was not a good fit, I also took some time to reflect on the meeting before sending a rejection letter, ideally after 24 hours. I encourage their team to consider this constructive feedback in the future as it's a very poor reflection of the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the role and our company?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of any contract terms that you have received push back on?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your work?   Answer Question
    • What are some processes that you've used to handle contract changes?   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AMETEK (Wichita, KS) in November 2012.

Interview

3 separate interviews. Very positive, welcoming Interviews with the Personnel Manager and Operation Manager. I felt comfortable-(positive) like I had a chance, like I was the best candidate-(only) candidate. The final interview with the position supervisor was completely crash and burn. He did not wish to honor the job title-(Apprentice-training), stating that he only wanted a certified, experienced Operator. The Personnel Manager called three days later, with a job offer, for another position-"They needed worse" and that I had excellent experience for that position. I worked there for 2 years, before I left and unfourtunately went to Lear jet, previous to the aircraft crash and economy down-turn.

Interview Questions

• About actual job experiences and the process of handling each situation.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMETEK (Woodstock, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position online and received an email to set up a phone interview. Interviewed with the Director of Business Development who started out as an application engineer. He told me he would get back to me within a week to schedule an in-person interview depending on the other applications. I never heard anything back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a class or subject you enjoy the most and why.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you were put in charge of a team or acted as project manager.   Answer Question
    • If one of your colleagues/engineers is working on a time sensitive project and you don't know if they will get done in time, what would you do to help them complete it on time?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was asked about my resume and went through a very basic technical test. The interview was on campus and lasted thirty minutes. A few minutes were spent on the type of work they did at the company and some things I could expect if I took the job

Interview Questions

• A circuit was drawn and I was asked about how I would find the voltage at a node   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlefield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AMETEK (Middlefield, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

Most of the early interactions were through a adjunct recruiter associated with the company. She would setup all of the other interactions, and also provided many of the details associated with the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about interactions between development & customer requirements.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AMETEK (Collegeville, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screen followed by on site interview with Director of Supply Chain, Sales Mgr and HR. HR and Sales Mgr were very pleasant and gave me a good view of the job, challenges and opportunities with the company and overall business environment. Director of Supply Chain seemed disconnected and not interested as he yawned 4 different times.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vonore, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMETEK (Vonore, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

Very casual yet informative. We discussed my background and reached a mutual conclusion that I am better suited to electronics manufacturing than building boats. He said he really liked my qualifications and seemed dissapointed he couldn't hire me for his present opening.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you managed.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AMETEK (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Typical discussions with HR Manager and division vice presidents. Focused on my background, my experiences, my strengths, my weaknesses, my expectations, etc...
    Screening first by recruiter in two separate sessions. Follow up interviews with at least 4 other people some in person and some on the phone. Feedback was slow. Too long between interviews

Interview Questions

• How can I contribute to the success of the organization?   Answer Question

Assembly Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMETEK (Worthington, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a normal scenario, nothing out of the ordinary. You meet the division manager who is hiring for their shift. Second interview, is to impress the division manager and the HR crew.

Interview Questions

• Overtime is mandatory, will that be a problem?   1 Answer

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMETEK (Binghamton, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I got called for an interview. I had to speak with two managers and one manufacturing engineer. They were very polite and didn't ask me much questions. I am still working for them but looking for another job

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I needed a job so badly and wanted to be closer to my family. They offered to pay my schooling for me. I accepted the offer even though I was making more money in my previous job.