AMETEK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMETEK (Woodstock, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position online and received an email to set up a phone interview. Interviewed with the Director of Business Development who started out as an application engineer. He told me he would get back to me within a week to schedule an in-person interview depending on the other applications. I never heard anything back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a class or subject you enjoy the most and why.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you were put in charge of a team or acted as project manager.   Answer Question
    • If one of your colleagues/engineers is working on a time sensitive project and you don't know if they will get done in time, what would you do to help them complete it on time?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Europe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at AMETEK (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long process and with a lot of dead time. some gaps between US and Europe.
    4 phone interviews
    72 e-mails
    1 trip to Boston for 4 interviews in 1 day
    no offer made due to global economic situation...

Interview Questions

• the toughest one: what have you not mention on your CV?   1 Answer

Technician (Unspecified Type) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AMETEK (Columbus, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I was brought in and had a tour of their factory where they produce industrial batteries. Then had an informal interview in the hiring managers office with the manager and one other employee. After the interview, I was told they would contact me next week, but I had to contact them a month later. They then said all positions were filled, even though the "now hiring" sign out front that drew me in in the first place was still there...

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?   1 Answer

Maintenance Electrical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AMETEK in December 2015.

Interview

It was good. HR and technical person took good interview with interesting HR and technical questions. Manger's are familiar with the facilities they have and so they asked me related to the technologies they have installed. But they never said me what will be pay rate and will they sponsor me in the future.

Interview Questions

• What kind of PLC you had asked and what kind of HMI I am familiar. Can I work in heavy metal industries.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AMETEK (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Very detailed, had a detailed examination about interpersonal skills. I had to give a presentation on my recent project which was used to detail about my project handling capability.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple projects.
      How would you respond to situations where you need to help your collegues, when you have deadlines with your project

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AMETEK (Tulsa, OK) in December 2014.

Interview

This was an absolute joke. First off, they contacted me and asked if I could come in for a brief interview. I came in and had a nice interview, they gave me a tour, and told me they would be in touch. Then they asked me to come in Christmas Day for another interview (this should have been my sign that they over work their employees) which I declined because I would be out of town.
    They rescheduled for the following week. I came in, they interviewed me which would be my second interview and they liked me and said they would be in touch.
    January goes by even though I kept emailing these people. February goes by. March comes and nearly goes before they have me go on two more interviews and then finally offer me 50,000 which was an offer I could not refuse. But 4 interviews in the span of 4 months is ridiculous.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AMETEK in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter regarding a few positions with Ametek. They decided I was best fit for the Regional Manager position with the Sensor Technologies Business Unit. Initially had a phone interview. Then was scheduled to go to their factory in PA for in person interview with multiple managers. The original travel schedule that was sent to me was insulting with multi-leg plane stops requiring me to take 2 days off from my current job to interview with them for 3 hours. I refused and they amended the plane tickets to direct flights. The interviews went well but while I was impressed with the people I met, the seriously missed asking many key questions or providing key information. I was told shortly thereafter that I would receive an offer. At that point I let them know I couldn't start immediately but in 2 months as I needed to finish the fiscal year at my current position to qualify for my significant end of the year bonus. After that, no offer and total silence for weeks despite the fact that I contacted the recruiter many times to find out what was going on. Finally the national sales manager came to town and wanted to meet with me. We met and then an offer was made. Unfortunately the offer was significantly less then the recruiter had originally told me at the beginning of the process. The recruiter claimed she had confused this position with another one. At the end, we could not come to an agreement and the exercise was a complete was of time. I found the recruiter and the organization to be not completely but mostly unprofessional. After we decided to part ways I reached out to the national sales manager to thank him and wish him luck. As a confirmation to his unprofessionalism and that I had made the right decision not to work there, he did not respond.

Interview Questions

Offer was not as promised and unprofessionalism of company.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMETEK (Wilmington, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to visit for an interview within a few weeks. They were very flexible when it came to finding an appropriate time to visit. The interview lasted 3-4 hours with 2 engineers and a phone call with a manager. I was given the tour of the facility first. This allowed me to assess the nature of the position and the equipment used. Afterwords I spent time with some of the engineers. Most of the questions we focused around my experience and what I was looking for in a position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about two similar projects I worked on. It dealt with the phase/lag lead of an LVDT position sensor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a slightly larger salary than the one offered to me.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMETEK (Binghamton, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I got called for an interview. I had to speak with two managers and one manufacturing engineer. They were very polite and didn't ask me much questions. I am still working for them but looking for another job

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      why do you want to work for us?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I needed a job so badly and wanted to be closer to my family. They offered to pay my schooling for me. I accepted the offer even though I was making more money in my previous job.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMETEK (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was not too difficult to the fact I was an employee referral but the 1:1 involved a series of general "interview questions" that asked about my experience in the aerospace industry and why I am a better candidate in comparison to the rest.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Ametek?
      Name 3 strengths and weakness's about yourself?
      Do you have experience in Solidworks / Corel Draw?