AMN Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.7

Credentialing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a talent acquisition coordinator for a brief phone interview to make sure I was a good fit for the position. I then when on to a group interview after that I sat with an employee from AMN and got to see what they do on a daily basis. Last I had an interview with director of credentintiling analysts.

Interview Questions

• What are some thing you do that help keep you organized?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out over email to schedule call. I replied and she replied back saying she called and left a voice message, which she did not. Once she finally confirmed a time to chat, the call was not professional and she laughed when I told her my salary expectations were flexible. She then said "what, like $30k to $100K".

Corporate Job Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview

Phone interview, followed up by in person interview. Didn't get an offer. They don't really care about your achievements, or personality, they just have a questionnaire and follow that like monkeys. Good luck!

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare.

Interview

Phone interview with a corporate recruiter. Then, an in person interview with at least 10 people - in sets of 2. Finally a phone screen where you are supposed to get someone to change their mind about a product.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time? Tell me about yourself. What motivates you? What is your fall back if this doesn't work out? Each group asked this question and then asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was called by the talent acquisition recruiter, gave a job description and was setup for an interview the following week. I was then interviewed by the director and supervisor of the company. was given a tour and a call back the next hour.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out above the rest. What are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was speedy to get me to the location and in. Was a long 2 hour process because you meet with management, shadow a recruiter & then meet with director level.

Interview Questions

• You role play a conversation about selling a individual on a vacation in a location that they do not have available.   1 Answer

Credentialing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was very excited to work for this company. I had read their mission and I was very impress. Sadly, I believe that the team that interview me lack knowledge about what healthcare is. I come from a healthcare working environment, but these recruiters don't understand that there are laws, certain things are private. I went to visit the working environment, and I had this uncomfortable supervisor who interrupted my job training, and didn't even allowed me to say good bye to the personnel who was trying to train me. I was in a state of shock. I kept on trying to be as professional and polite as possible. Then he walked me out of the building like I had committed a crime that I didn't even knew about. I felt very discriminated. Not the kind of lack of professionalism that you would expect from a highly known company.

Credentialing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Coppell, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

To be completely honest, I am very disappointed in their hiring and interviewing practices. I was told, by a hiring manager that I would “definitely hear from us, no matter what, this afternoon” after I spoke with her Wednesday, February 8. I didn’t receive any notifications from the "talent acquisition" associate until after noon Thursday, February 9. This was not the only time that she (TA associate) failed to communicate with me, as documented below:

Phone interview on Thursday, January 26. Online assessment and email to TA associate sent same day (1/26/2017). No reply until the following Tuesday, January 31, when I was ordered to interview, in the office, on Thursday, February 2. I wasn’t even granted an opportunity to choose a date/time that fit my schedule and, in good faith, I canceled a previously scheduled appointment in order to express my genuine interest. After interviewing on February 2, I returned the following day, Friday, February 3, at the time designated and waited 40 minutes to “job shadow” for less than 10 minutes and then meet with a hiring manager for TWO minutes (she walked me to the elevator). Once again, they failed to communicate with me regarding the status of that experience and my application, until I received a call Tuesday, February 7, for a FOURTH interview.

I finally received the following on Thursday, February 9:

I apologize for the delayed response. For the Credentialing opportunities starting on 2/13 we have actually decided to move forward with another individual. We were very fortunate that we had some great candidates apply for the opportunity, which led to a big group to choose from.

With that being said the hiring manager and team were honestly very impressed with you. We have another Credentialing class starting soon and they are going to discuss your information with additional Hiring Leaders. Would you be interested in pursuing the same role in a different department within the organization? If so I will be in touch once I have an idea of next steps.

Again thank you for your time and we continue to wish you success within your job search.

Best Regards, (T.A. associate)

Furthermore, their career website is a disaster. One cannot tell for which of the dozens of positions you are applying. There are multiple, identical positions listed without any distinct characteristic. So, you cannot distinguish which post is which. The worst part is, they posted a job with a glaring spelling error: CREDENTAILING

This is how I was treated after a highly-respected current employee (recruiting specialist) referred me for the position.

I was also told "how to dress" for an interview... with a complete attachment on what is and what is not appropriate for the workplace. The email also contained "Bring your résumé." If a person is applying for a professional position and does not already know 1. to bring their résumé and 2. how to dress, that should help eliminate potential idiots from being hired.

By the way, I also believe that it's ridiculous to require four interviews for a position that only pays $20/hour (non-negotiable).

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (Livingston, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was very common, the questions were about my past work experience and assignments. The interviewer explained the job description and we closed on me asking questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful time at work and how you responded to it?   Answer Question

CAR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AMN Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

two interviews with two supervisors then interview with Dept head. Interview was easy because recruiter will prep you. However the excellent recruiter was pirated by a different company who nis not there anymore