AOA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

1.7

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AOA (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Initially, the process started out great. I received a call (basically a phone screening) in which we discussed my credentials and my background. shortly after that, I was invited to have an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I must say, that was one of the most relaxed interviews I've ever had. The interview was more conversational rather that the awkward Q&A. Then after that interview, I was invited to have a group interview with some of the team. The team basically sat around asking me questions about my background and gave me insight on their roles within the team. The interview went fine...I guess. After that interview, the hiring manager told me that I would hear something back something next week. Well, lets just say "sometime next week" came & left. I never heard back from the company. I think that is just rude, unprofessional, and makes the company look TERRIBLE. Especially when you have candidates taking time out of their schedule to come to DOWNTOWN Chicago & PAY for parking for an interview. The least you could do was follow up with your candidates AOA. I should have just walked away after I read the company reviews! Never Again smh.

Interview Questions

• The typical interview questions. Tell me about yourself, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing and Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AOA (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Thought this was a good place through the interview process...but not anymore.

After the phone interview they invited me in for an in-person (one-on-one). Following that interview, I was invited back for a longer interview with three other members of the team. After the interview, they let me know that that was the extent of the interview process. I then received a phone call from HR saying I was a top candidate and they asked for me to complete an assignment. They then sent me the assignment to complete over the weekend, which I completed and submitted early (on a holiday weekend to top it off).

After submitting the assignment and feeling very confident after hearing the kind words said previously, I waited for a response. Nothing for the first week so I sent a followup email. No response. In the second week, I left a voicemail asking the next steps and a general followup. No response to the voicemail. In the third week, I sent another followup email asking if I was even still being considered for the position (with each of these I still was very excited for the next steps and let them know my interest). At this point I didn't even care if I didn't get an offer, I just wanted a single response from someone. After that third week, I gave up and switched my search elsewhere.

The experience itself was smooth and everyone seemed friendly. However, by being completely ignored after investing so much time in the process it felt like such a slap in the face and I would not want to work for them even if they came to me now with an offer. The complete disregard for the time and days off I took for this position to be ignored was shocking for a company that claimed to be "progressive and more with the times."

Interview Questions

• It was more conversational. What the position entailed, what type of experience I have in marketing, what I am looking for in my career...nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AOA.

Interview

Fairly easy. Just discussion of the role, and questions about previous experience. The interviewer was really nice and welcoming. There really was no negotiation of salary. It was through a staffing agency in which helped get a referral to this job.