AQR Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a portfolio manager on campus. The interview began with self introduction and why the company, followed by a technical question on my resume and a question about option pricing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

NEVER WASTE your time interviewing with this company.
    I was contacted by a NY based recruiter and was sent a Hacker rank test in which I performed pretty well and after That I was scheduled a technical interview with the hiring manager.I performed well on that and after that I was called onsite. Onsite interview process was very dis organized. i was interviewed by different and even more people ,as i was told in the email.Interviewers came in late.
    My all interviews went pretty well and I actually nailed every question that was presented to me.But after 2 days I got rejected without any solid review and reason.
    I was not even reimbursed for any of the travel or stay during the interview. So my advice, would be don`t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Standard Software engineer interview Questions. Algo+ DS + Math   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management in July 2017.

Interview

I applied the position online then I had a phone interview a week later. The interview itself is decent.However, I had no feedback since then, I emailed HR but still no response.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management in May 2017.

Interview

DO NOT CONSIDER THIS COMPANY WITHOUT HEARING A STEP BY STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS. I was contacted by a third party recruiter for AQR. Such a waste of time. I was told that I would have a Hackerrank challenge then a phone interview then an onsite interview, which sounded reasonable. I did the Hackerrank(3 questions) then the phone interview. After that, I was told I did well but before onsite interview they want to see how I write code in the production environment so they wanted me to do a take home challenge. I asked them why I wasn't informed about this step previously, they told me this will be the LAST step before the onsite!!! I was fool that I accepted to do the take home exam. Another total waste of time. But it doesn't end here.. After the take home, they told me I should be talking to another engineer! At that point I should have understood how unprofessional they are and just end the process, however, I said, I came all the way to here, this is the LAST step before onsite and I accepted it. I was told that the interviewer will ask me about the take home exam and an algorithm question. The interviewer only asked about my projects at my current company that's it! And the FINAL breakdown.. The recuriter told me I did well in the interview and the company wants to know if I am really interested in working for the company!! Come on.. Seriously.. after spending all those hours for this unworthy company.. At that point I decided to stop the interview process and told them I am not going to move forward with them. Such a waste of time, such an unprofessional company. My advise to you is, before starting the process, ask them what you should expect and make sure they won't add additional nonsense steps. Otherwise, you'll be fooled like myself..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

I was introduced to AQR by a NYC based recruiter. A timed HackerRank test was assigned. I did reasonably well on it using Python 3, but I was informed that the position had been filled. I did not hear back from AQR, directly or otherwise. In summary, it was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• You are given two integers, p and q. Complete the function calculatePower which takes two integers as arguments and returns p to the power of q, without using the built-in power function. We expect you to do better than O(q). A same input is p = 2 and q = 3, and the corresponding output is 8. Constraints: 0 <= p^q <= ((2^63) - 1)   Answer Question
    • You are given an integer array n. Complete the function sortIntegers which takes as argument, an integer array n of up to 1 million integers such that 1 <= n_i <= 10 for every element n_i in the array, and returns the sorted array. The sort does not need to occur in-place. Please do not call a standard sorting function like quicksort, you can do better. A sample input is {3, 1, 4, 1, 5, 9, 2, 6, 5} and the corresponding output is {1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 9}. Constraints: i <= 10^9; 1 <= n_i <= 10   1 Answer
    • You are given an alphanumeric string. Complete the function sortSegments that will segment the string into substrings of consecutive letters or numbers and then sort the substrings. For example, the string "AZQF013452BAB" will result in "AFQZ012345ABB". The input letters will be uppercase and numbers will be between 0 and 9 inclusive.   Answer Question
    • We are looking for true engineers to join our team. People who like to tinker with new tech, people who get excited about innovation and are truly passionate about technology. In a few sentences, tell us what motivates you. What are you passionate about? DOn't worry about the format, we're just hoping to get a better feel for who you are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, and received a Hackerrank coding challenge several weeks later. After completing it, a recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview, which was non-technical in nature, and lasted about 30 minutes.

I didn't hear back from the recruiter for about a week, so I sent a follow up email. The recruiter apologized for the delay and immediately offered an onsite interview. It seemed as though I'd been temporarily forgotten.

I interviewed onsite in Greenwich, CT in November 2016. The day consisted of 5 interview rounds, 4 of which were technical, with one behavioral. A team member took me out to lunch after the third interview. The process seemed somewhat disorganized, and one of my interviewers did not show up for their scheduled time slot.

Two weeks after the interview, a recruiter emailed me to say that they would be reaching a decision soon. Two weeks after that, I attempted to follow up with the recruiter, but she never responded to my email.

Overall, it seemed to a very unprofessional and poorly organized recruiting process. They did not offer to reimburse incidental travel expenses for my trip, which seems to be an industry standard.

Interview Questions

• Return a binary string representation of a given integer.   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (Greenwich, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was good for first 2.5 hours. But last few questions I couldn't answer and they immediately gave some lame excuse to come later for interview. They didn't reply back later.

Interview Questions

• Question to write a script to read through a file and print every 10th line.   Answer Question

Production Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Three rounds:
    1. HR phone call to review the background and setup meeting for next round
    2. Technical interview with one support team manager over phone (Unix + SQL)
    3. On Site behavior Interview

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: Why did you leave your last employee?   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Analyst Interview

Interview

After submitted application for one week, got response for on campus interview, it took about 30 mins, mainly on behavioral questions introduce your self and go through CV, not hard

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions, introduce yourself, go through CV   Answer Question

Portfolio Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It's an onsite interview. Interviewer asked me to walk through my resume first and choose one of my internship experience next to ask. Then he asked me a basic C++ programming question.

Interview Questions

• How to locate money in two different assets with correlation efficiently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AQR Capital Management (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They first gave you an online test of 1.5 hr. Simple coding question plus one paragraph to describe how you like the role. The questions are pretty straigh forward. If you have CS background. It should not be a problem. Then phone Interview