ASML Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASML Engineering Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASML (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Brion Technologies has a rigorous process to assess potential fit within the company. I applied for an engineering position. Interviews consist of phone interviews and multiple on-site interviews. Phone interviews include questions designed to assess your intelligence, mostly focused on engineering math & statistics. On-site interviews consist of questions related to the nature of the job, with an additional 'brain teaser' component. Very little effort is placed on the content of your resume, especially outside the focus of Brion/ASML's core competencies.

From my interactions with the employees, I sensed that there is a strict work ethic, with lots of pressure to execute, especially since many employees are Chinese and have PhDs. Thus they are searching for hard working intelligent people who can execute to near perfection. Bear in mind that this culture may not be for everyone.

One of the interviewers in management asked overly personal questions, one that I brushed aside and a subsequent one that I took offense at. Perhaps this can be attributed cultural differences; nevertheless, I determined this was not the right company for me.

Interview Questions

• You have multiple datapoints that appear to a straight line. How do you find the line of best fit? Provide the equations to calculate the slope and intercept.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ASML

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ASML in November 2009.

Interview

More than 3 phone interviews were conducted before the final on site. The on site was for a whole day. Talking to people from other groups as well as the hiring group. In general, technique questions. Finally a paper exam with lots of questions from high school or college. I would suggest a review of high school courses if you had left high school for more than 7 years.

Interview Questions

• Calculation of centrifugal force..   2 Answers

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASML in July 2011.

Interview

The interview consists of 3 1:1 interviews.
    The first one is HR interview. The remain interviews are all Technical Interviews.
    The HR asks the reason that you select the company and your experience.
    The technical interviews is about their wafer procedure and how it works.
    They don't interested in what is you skill. They just want to find some one can follow their orders.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Veldhoven (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASML (Veldhoven (Netherlands)).

Interview

Een uur duren telefonisch interview met de groepmanager, daarna uitgenodigd voor een persoonlijk gesprek met 4 rondes interviews, elke duurde ongeveer een uur. Allemaal competentievragen.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Veldhoven (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASML (Veldhoven (Netherlands)) in October 2011.

Interview

Eerste gesprek via een bureau, die je vervolgens aanbieden bij ASML voor een eerste gesprek hier. Verliep voorspoedig en na een cleanroom tour (afhankelijk van functie waarvoor je solliciteert uiteraard) weer richting huis. Onderweg al bevestiging van het bureau gekregen dat ASML accepteerde, en de afwikkeling met het bureau gedaan, 2 maanden later begonnen.

Interview Questions

• Geef een voorbeeld van behaalde resultaten door werken in teamverband.   1 Answer