ASOS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASOS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS in November 2016.

Interview

relaxed telephone interview but a lot of questions about my knowledge of the company and my marketing knowledge. it took 30 min but she was 10 min late calling me. the questions were asked very quickly and i had little time to recover from the last

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I was called to an interview which was fairly straightforward and informal. I was successful in this and was then brought back for a second round of questions, in which I was unsuccessful. They were lovely in the way they fedback to me.

Agile Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Obtained the interview via a recruiter. Met with 2 senior members of staff. One yawned a lot (at least 4-5 times) during the interview and the other looked above my head while I was talking, this was from the beginning. This might have been part of the test (or just plain bored), but either way, I wouldn't want to work in such a culture of rudeness. It wasn't a positive experience or conducive to getting the best - even mediocrity- from me. I would advise cutting the interview short if you're not interested as it lasted the full 55 minutes and I was keen to leave after 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

ASOS Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Talent Brand & Engagement Partner

Thanks for taking the time to offer this feedback, we really appreciate it. We're sorry you didn't have a positive experience in this instance and want to make it clear candidate experience is taken ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After a telephone interview they have sent me a test to complete.

The test was not really so difficult in general but there were not any instructions on how much time should I spent on it. It was basically refactoring a project and making it more solid - robust using basic principles of SOLID programming.

The feedback I got back from the recruiter (getting it from the company) was some bullet points on what they did not like. Most of the points were really a matter of perspective (bad unit test naming.. ?) in my opinion. If you want to find something bad in a code you can do that easily. There was only one fair point, which I can agree that could be done better. I have heard several people failing ASOS test so ...it didn't surprised me after all.

Buyers Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Asked to do a 10 minute presentation that was in two parts. Part one was exploring the designers, bloggers and brands that influence the Asos customer. Part Two was identifying the 5 key trends for SS17. After I had presented this there were a couple questions on my boards, then moved onto proper interview questions.

At the end of the interview I was asked whether I have a preference for own buying or branded buying. I chose own and within two days I had a phone call to confirm I had got the job. They chose a section of own buying to go into (e.g. jersey, accessories, etc), I didn't have a choice but where they have placed me is something I'm excited about!

Product Upload Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS in March 2017.

Interview

1 stage telephone interview
    2nd stage face to face

there was 2 people in the interview seemed as if they wasn't quite sure what they was doing.
    a little bit of mocking that they worked there and you didn't.
    slightly uncomfortable sometimes

Applications Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ASOS in March 2017.

Interview

The interview Experience was positive overall, Friendly Corporate Culture, Nice people to talk to,

I had my interview with 2 interviewers then was asked to take a 45 min technical test,
    Then finally and interview withe the Manager of all of the teams,

The first interview was a long discussion Going through my C.V and previous Experience
    Some of The questions included

1-what makes you a perfect fit for this Role,
    2- What will make you stay at Asos,
    3-What are your strengths and weakness.
    4- Describe a scenario about a p1 Problem you had to fix and Resolve.
    5-What are the main things you should do for Managing and incident?

5-Are you able to work shifts?

6-Can you be on call?

7-Questions Regarding ITIL V3 Foundation?
    8-Questions Regarding Restful services ?

9- Questions About Azure?

etc. then Various Scenario based questions,
    Technical test for 45 mins

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in the future? Are you able to cope under stress,
      More Scenario Based Questions on solving a problem

Technical Test. Full infrastructure test, about 3 pages and a web dev Test written
      Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASOS (Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

There were 11 candidates, we all signed in at reception and waited to be called in. We we're split over two tables and had to talk to the person next to us for 5 mins and present back to the room 15 secs about that person. Then we did customer service scenarios in our group to present back to the room. We then went to the call centre floor to do an individual CS assessment. Followed by an ASOS Q&A and presentation. After this was the one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Q. What made you want to apply for the role at ASOS? Tell us about your CS experience.   Answer Question
    • Q. How would your colleagues describe you?   Answer Question
    • Q. How do you work with your managers? Give an example of when you've had to meet targets at work.   Answer Question
    • Q. What one thing would you improve about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Q. What skills do you think you need to bring to this job?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

Applied via Linkedin, however they contacted me to ask if I would be interested in a different role. I said yes and we booked an interview by phone. Phone call with HR lasted about 10 minutes. Didn't hear back from them, had to emailed them to confirm I didn't go through the next phase.

Global Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of January and they got back to me in mid February to set up a phone interview with HR. A week after the phone interview they let me know I had passed the first round and made it to the assessment center. I flew to London 2 weeks after the phone interview. The assessment center was at the offices and it was half a day long (1pm to 6pm), and pretty intense. We were roughly 10 people. First we had a teamwork assignment to discuss whether the company should invest in emerging markets and which ones. Then we had to present our findings as a group. After that each of us was called for an individual presentation to members of the team on a topic that had been given to us a week prior to the assessment center. This was 30 minutes long overall, with the presentation being followed by Q&A. After that, each of us had an 45-60 minute interview with a recruiter and a member of the team. Mainly behavioral and situational questions, but also a few more technical ones. Good knowledge of the company and its business model is expected. Very positive experience after all, everyone was super nice and relaxed. Hopefully the experience reflects the actual job!

Interview Questions

• What are ASOS' main competitors?   Answer Question
    • Which emerging markets are more promising for the company and why?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were the manager of the Global Trading team?   Answer Question