ASUCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ASUCLA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2016

2.0

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ASUCLA.

Interview

quick interview in the restaurant. Sitting at the tables you are interviewed by a "triple s" usually a upperclassman undergraduate student (third, fourth or fifth year student usually wearing a blue button down shirt). They just want to see how you are and if you are a cool person and would be someone they want to hang out with. remember they are all students too.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASUCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to go to the HR office and fill out an application. Brought application to the Student Union office and Building Manager gave it to the supervisor. Had one interview with the girl in the current position and one with the supervisor. It was all behavioural questions.

The Market Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ASUCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very friendly. I was interviewed by two student supervisors and the interview only lasted about 15 minutes. A large part of the interview was just asking whether I would be able to do the job correctly (whether I could lift 50 pounds or stay in the cooler for a while). Then they gave me hypothetical scenarios and asked how I would react in each of them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were the only cashier on the job and the line started to get backed up?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASUCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First phone call, then met with HR, finally with specific dept managers. I actually was coming from far away so they didn't require me to come for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, what your goals are, things like that. Very straightforward, some techinical questions.   1 Answer

Student Accounting ASR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASUCLA (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

A simple interview consisting mostly of behavioral questions and other qualifications. They were also interested in knowing my proficiency with computers. Computer tests are required to apply for this job.

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ASUCLA (UCLA, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. Go to the office to see the list of positions available. Tell HR which positions you'd like to apply to. They hand you the information and then you go directly to the person interviewing you for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASUCLA.

Interview

Printed out an application and turned it in to management. Got back to me within a week for an interview. Got a call a week after saying I got it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard. They mostly want to know what times you're available.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay rate is displayed on the job posting.

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASUCLA (UCLA, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

1. Submitted an online application.
    2. Filled out another paper application, which had to be taken to HR.
    3. Brought the paper application to the department's office.

I don't remember if I interviewed on the spot or signed up for an interview, but I know that both can happen.

4. Interviewed in person with the manager and another person.
    5. Received an offer less than an hour later.

NOTES:

Depending on the interview schedule, time of year, and the number of applicants, the amount of time it takes to receive an offer can vary. You should ask the interviewer when you can expect to hear back from them. For my department, they will usually contact you within the time range if you are selected but will not contact you otherwise.

If you are applying for a position within the store, I recommend emphasizing anything which prioritizes customer service, teamwork, good communication, positive attitude, high-energy, and motivation.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 on each of the following traits.
      (One of the traits listed was "initiative")
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ASUCLA in June 2013.

Interview

I found the listing online and applied through email. I got an email asking if i could come in the next day and schedule an interview. There were two interviewers, my main boss and the head student worker. They asked me about my experience, how responsible I was because for most people this is their first job, and when i would be able to start. I was called the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself on a scale of 1 through 10 on responsibility, integrity, initiative, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, minimum wage only

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASUCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

They have some of the easiest interviews I have ever experienced. At the beginning of the year they hold a job fair near bruin walk. All you have to do is fill out some paperwork and talk with a SSS for a few minutes. They will generally call you within a few hours if your hired.