ATA Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ATA Retail Interview Questions

1.7

Merchandiser Interview

Interview

Quick pre-screen phone call, then an in person interview with the Supervisor. Very easy, not hard at all. Straightforward and typical, it's really hard to say much more about it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ATA Retail.

Interview

very easy, not a lot of hard questions only thing is the interview was done in a back room, not a comfortable place then followed the interviewer around the store while showing me what they d, that helped to see what they wanted

Interview Questions

• do you want full or part time   1 Answer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ATA Retail (Pasadena, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called on the phone by a recruiter approximately 2 weeks after filling out an online job application on indeed. The recruiter interviewed me over the phone for approximately 5 minutes. She re-iterated the ad and asked me some questions about my availability and if I was ok with the amount of pay for the job. After affirming that I was, she told me the hiring manager will call me for a face to face interview. I was called approximately 2 weeks later by the hiring manager, Al Balzer, who then asked me to meet him at one of the local Von's grocery stores.

On the day that I went, we met at the Von's grocery store. He went over the same questions the recruiter had. Also asked about any background experience and then started to show me the strip clips and explain a bit about what I would be doing. Afterwards we shook hands and he'd say that he'd have to interview some other people and would let me know.

Later that day he called me with a job offer. I was thrilled and ecstatic. Although the interview went well, please read my review on the entire experience training with these folks . Once I came on board with the company things quickly took a turn for the worst. Watch for my upcoming review on the good, bad and the ugly of my experience with ATA Retail Services.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about any previous merchandiser position. The questions were easy and I felt comfortable.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ATA Retail.

Interview

Interviewed on-site at a retail location with manager. Was asked several questions about my previous experience - mostly about how well I work with others and how well I could follow directions. We went over the job duties and discussed the company background a little. Interviewer seemed overly concerned with my ability to follow directions and deal with challenging situations. Also asked about times when I was in conflict and how I handled it. Mostly personality questions...

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with adversity & challenging situations?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ATA Retail.

Interview

Applied on line and answered a questionnaire, then was called by a recruiter who asked me some initial questions then arranged and interview with a manager. Met with a very nice woman who was excited to meet me and after a brief question and answer session hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Basically, This is a job about having common sense and you can be trained for it. I think they are looking for people with good personalities and the ability to present themselves well and use common sense. i really felt comfortable with the woman I interviewed with and I think they are looking for people with some personality and people skills. I am excited to get started soon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ATA Retail (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

They will hie anyone! I was interviewed for maybe five minutes. Told I would hear from them. I heard from them that afternoon! I should have known then it was a pathetic job that no one wanted.

Interview Questions

• What's your strongest trait?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ATA Retail.

Interview

I only met with the hiring manager once in the HyVee I was going to merchandise. She acted like I got it right away and called me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• None. It appears they will hire just about anyone who applies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It is a set flat rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ATA Retail (Olympia, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Fragmented process. Frustrating. Non responsive. Appears little coordination between supervisors, managers, and human resources staff. Snippy email response when you can get one. Questions submitted either go unanswered or are treated as a challenge to the hiring staff

Interview Questions

• Asked to complete questionnaire in writing with my answers while Supervisor went off to check on the store service   Answer Question

too many bad reviews

Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ATA Retail.

Interview

Applied for a Supervisor position, really was excited when the recruiter called me, she told me about the position stating I would be over seeing 40 stores, and have 4-6 employee's below me, I'd be able to teach others, audit, have weekly conference calls and admin time. The job would be no less than 30 hours per week but upwards of 40. I got a call today from the hiring manager who said the job was only 15 hours per week, would never go over 30 because of Obamacare and how ATA does not want to pay for benefits. I told him what the recruiter had told me he stated that was incorrect. I asked how does a supervisor do all the work required in only 15 hours a week, he said he was hiring 6 supervisors for 1 territory to break up the territory so they did not have to pay for benefits under Obama's plan.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked after I was told the job was not 30+ hours but only 15.   Answer Question

I can't work for a company that is obviously Republican based, that does not want to take care of their employee's but would rather hire 6 supervisors and pay out more in hourly than one good supervisor and pay for benefits. I do not think this is a good company to work for and makes no sense they wouldn't want satisfied employee's to work with their company but would rather be ignorant and selfish with their money.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ATA Retail (Long Beach, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

30-min interview. Didn't ask for resume then, but asked for it after they hired me. Extensive interview for such a low paying p/t job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.