Accellent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accellent Interview Questions

Process Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accellent.

Interview

Contacted after applying through university's recruiting site. Was asked to provide a work sample. Later was emailed to schedule a time for a phone interview. Responded immediately but was provided no further contact - no responses to emails or phone call

Continuous Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accellent (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

First round interview with recruiters
    Second round interview onsite with plant tour
    Background check of former employers as well as social media. They asked for former managers for work history verification.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accellent.

Interview

Lengthy and spoke to a lot of people - they were the right people to talk to but they seemed to be confused on what they needed in a candidate

Interview Questions

• None really - they were not that on track as far as who should do what in the process   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accellent.

Interview

Interview process was thorough. Questions made sense nothing unreasonable was asked. It was a good dialogue style interview. They openly answered questions and were quick explain their benefits and policies. The job description was thorough and accurate

Negotiation

don't accept first number, push back a little

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accellent (Wilmington, MA).

Interview

Dropped resume with recruiter at our University. Brought in for an interview for Rotational Engineer position along with 4(?) others at the same time. We did not interview together but did all have lunch together. Interviewers asked basic questions and focused on college achievements and projects. Pretty straight-forward process with no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Handed me a finished component and asked what challenges I envisioned in making it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't do much. They offered assistance and paid time off for each relocation required.

Star Swiss CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brimfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Accellent (Brimfield, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a typical walk around interview. I was called by a headhunter for Accellent at the time. I had my resume online and was working at the time. I always wanted to get into a into a company that only runs the medical side of machining. When I was contacted by him, it didn't take long after that call that I started working for Accellent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I offered to set up a job for them and they were very impressed with the time it took me to set it up and also the very low scrap from the set up.

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accellent (Newton, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Met with VP of sales and head of engineering

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, more interested in sales background and work with large companies.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Accellent in March 2010.

Interview

It was a painfully slow and prolonged process with many long periods of time between interactions with the company. They should consider using a professional recruitment agency to handle their hires. They try to hire without spending money on it and the result is that they get what they hire - sorry to say but true.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in an environment where there is a high turnover of senior employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They lo ball your salary offer and expect you to ask for more. Not exactly respectful of the candidate but when you are driven by the mighty dollar...

Market Research Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accellent in May 2008.

Interview

interviewer was nice, they asked hard questions, didn't get the job