AccentCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AccentCare

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AccentCare (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and scheduled for an in person interview at the office. I met with the recruiter for a while then with the director of nursing. Very easy to talk to and wanted to get to know me. I was conditionally offered a position following the interview which I accepted then I was scheduled for orientation and given HR paperwork.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AccentCare (San Diego, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Meet with Clinical Supervisor and Executive Director and then train with Regional Rehab Director

Interview Questions

• VEry easy...tell us about your experiences...etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, this is what we offer...."thats fair"

Learning & Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AccentCare (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Recruiter made first contact and scheduled phone interview.
    Had phone interview with the hiring manager who scheduled date & time to do a presentation.
    Received email message from recruiter that they decided to go in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of my previous job did I like best.   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Joaquin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AccentCare (San Joaquin, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The accuracy of others' remarks on this company were very clear from just a 15 minute phone interview. One positive thing was that the recruiter understood that it was difficult for me to talk during the day and gave me her cell phone number. We agreed that I would call her that evening. Upon calling her, her first question was which position did I apply for and what my job function was. She said she had left her laptop at work and didn't have the interview questions. So, she asked me a few 'tell me about yourself' kind of questions and then we agreed that she would call me the next day at 8 am. She called at 7:30 am and I missed the call. She then called at 8:05 and reached me.

Some of the interview questions that I thought were "red flags" were: "If you were hired, what would your expectations of us be?" I said, "Fair and respectful treatment, and a paycheck." Another question was, "Under what circumstances would you leave this job?" This led me to believe that they have an employee retention problem.

She had a way of saying that she liked certain of my answers, which is good...to give positive feedback during an interview. However, there was a complete lack of genuineness to her words and tone. It was very fake. It was clear that she was just going through the motions and did not believe in what she was doing.

She also lost points around discussing salary. She asked me what I make. I told her, which I do not always do. Then, I asked her what the hiring range was. She would not tell me. She wanted me to come for an interview, expected salary disclosure from me, but would not disclose anything related to the salary. I felt that there was a general pattern of her expecting information from me, but not being able to provide me with much valuable information myself. For example, she was not able to tell me roughly how much of the travel time would be in San Joaquin county vs other locations. Instead, she expected me to tell her what percentage would be acceptable to me. I told her that I didn't know, and that it sounded like she had an idea of what it was but was not sharing it. She was also not able to tell me basic information about how my day would be structured. I asked her to check with the hiring manager about the travel requirements and get back to me. If I weren't currently employed, I may not have tried to get this level of information before going for an interview. However, since I have a job, I only want to go on interviews where I really want the job, and this was not that kind!

I will add that in the past, I have also found company reviews on glassdoor to be very helpful and accurate.

Interview Questions

• Under what circumstances would you leave the company?   1 Answer

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AccentCare (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with a Deputy of Patient Care Services as the Executive Director had a meeting. We reviewed my resume and my goals. We discussed a typical day in home care and expectations of employees.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in home health?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AccentCare in March 2015.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. The first interview was a one-on-one with the Area Manager. Next, I had a phone interview with the Area VP. Lastly, I had a one-on-one with the Senior VP.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the position?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AccentCare (Tyler, TX).

Interview

It was Informal in a good way. There were no silly structured interview questions. Mostly questions were about resume' and job experience. It took about average times as most interviews I have taken.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AccentCare (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

A very unexcited process, very dry questions. The manager was very excited but too much ranting. The office looks boring and the company seems too small. There is nothing else to say about this process, just your normal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AccentCare (Petaluma, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview okay but not clear about protocols and assumed I had been working under these protocols in my previous jobs.. They want LVN's to work only under supervision of RN's. I'm okay with that but had to do something entirely different for 15 years. They eliminated me based on this.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a treatment wasn't working?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AccentCare (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

This staffing company advertises positions for $20 and $21 per hour for LVN's on Indeed.com, but when they called me, they offered $17 - $18 per hour and say it's impossible for them to pay more because they would not make any money. It is completely unethical hiring practice and I'm amazed Indeed hasn't gotten many, many complaints. How companies get away with this "bait-and-switch" is beyond me-- but I would never apply to AccentCare again. Their hiring people are more like sales-- because THEY are making money off of YOU.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background and spent quite a few minutes speaking with this sales (er, hiring) person. I finally asked about pay in order to confirm what had been posted on Indeed.com and was told something $3-$4 less per hour than the jobs they'd posted. Forget it.   Answer Question

Pay listed in their add was much less than offered when the time came to actually speak with one of their staff. They pull applicants in with a nice hourly wage, but that is apparently not what they actually pay.