Accuray Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.9

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accuray (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

On-site interview with hiring manager and a team member. Ended with a white-board question that was clearly thought up on the spot (by the hiring manager, not the team member), and was not related to what an embedded engineer would focus on.

Not what I was expecting for an embedded engineer position. The interview was heavily geared toward basic software development with almost zero mention of embedded control systems. I've seen a trend lately of positions with "embedded" tacked on them that don't really require any understanding of embedded systems, and merely designate working on something that is not a standard PC... this is one of them. I'm sure it would be a great fit for a software developer, but it just wasn't what I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• How is the virtual keyword used in C++?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accuray.

Interview

Phone interview with internal recruiter, followed by project manager. Afterwards an in person interview with the whole team with a bunch of conceptual questions and a few algorithm coding questions where they expect you to write the code on paper.

Interview Questions

• Does C# allow multiple inheritance? Can this be achieved through another method?   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accuray (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

The company began with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once you clear this you will be asked for an in person interview. You will then meet the HR staff, one team member of the senior staff, the General Manager and then finally the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions were asked. Nothing to wild. Job related questions.   Answer Question

Traffic/Shipping Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accuray (Madison, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for position online. Received phone call/screen from HR in Sunnyvale the next day. Passed HR phone screen, and set up a phone interview with Madison Logistics Manager 4 days later. Next was another phone interview with an Executive level Manager in Sunnyvale (what a joke), and an in person interview with 7 people, broken up into 3 sessions over 2+ hours.

Interview Questions

• No oddball questions. Standard interview format, focusing on prior experience and job related questions.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accuray (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

This was the longest interview that I've ever had. It lasted about 4.5 hours and I interviewed with a total of 8 employees.There were no breaks during the 4.5 hours, but the time flew by as the interview went on. No technical questions - mostly management style questions. Despite not receiving an offer, I feel that I did well and I feel that the company is a solid company with a good product.

While there, I interviewed with employees ranging from: technicians, system administrators, management and the VP of the department.

I have nothing negative to say about the company - things just didn't work out for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision that you made that you regretted and how did you overcome that decision.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accuray in January 2016.

Interview

Three hours of phone/Skype interviews and 3.5 hours of in-person interviews. A lot of overlap in questions between the 7 or 8 different interviewers as well, meaning if we had just all been in the same meeting it would have taken about an hour and a half.

I saw a lot of red flags during the interview process related to instability and disorganization within the company, but my research couldn't turn up anything concrete. I figured these were things I could work around (or work to improve) should I get hired.

After the interviews I was told that they wanted me to work there, but they needed to wait until Quarter End to hire me for financial reasons. Quarter end came and went with some excuses about needing more time, and they jerked me along for a few more months. After the end of the next quarter it was pretty obvious there was no position anymore.

The programming questions were straightforward. Brush up on your GoF patterns and a few programming puzzles and you'll be good to go.

Interview Questions

• How can you make a queue container using two stacks?   1 Answer
    • Describe the Factory Pattern and a time when you used it.   1 Answer

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accuray (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

HR reached out to me to set up an preliminary call, followed by a call with the Director, followed by on-site face to face interviews with 5 people including your potential manager, their boss, your stakeholders and HR. This gives you a well rounded view of what your day to day would look like. Very friendly environment. relaxed and calm with really nice people who has been with the company for many years vs the hustle and bustle of the city. Really depends on your preference at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accuray.

Interview

Pretty basic, easy interview. Mostly personality questions. It was a three stage Interview, Had a phone interview then an interview with HR. Finally five 30 minute interviews with the people I would be working with/under.

Manager, Service Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accuray (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Recruited by the Director. Interviewed with the Director, the transferring Manager, Tech Support Manager, VP, and one of the staff instructors. Back channel feedback years later... the Tech Supt Mgr and instructor gave negative recommendation. The Director overrode and turned out to be the greatest champion for my success that I ever encountered. He is a VP there now.

Interview Questions

• Based on what I had learned about the status of Service Training at the time, what would I do short term and medium term.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were Pre IPO and would not match my previous salary.

Senior Medical Physicist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accuray.

Interview

they reached me by email from recruiter. Recruiter find me from Linkedin. But, my working condition at that time needed sponsoreship. So, we couldn't continue interview process. It is very good company, i wish i worked there.

Interview Questions

• Working visa sponsoreship issues...   1 Answer