Accuray Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accuray Interview Questions

Interviews at Accuray

2.9

Commissions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accuray in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position via posting on linked in. Their recruiter reached out to me then we scheduled a time to talk over the phone. Funny thing is another person from their recruiting team sends me a message (probably because they track who views their ads) asking me if i was interested in the job. Are you serious? Very productive.

Anyways, they were expecting someone to do two jobs and offered the pay of one job. I told them that salary was way below my expectations yet the recruiter suggested i discuss this with the hiring manager. Had the talk with the hiring manager and .....

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accuray (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager and then brought on site for multiple interviews.

During the on site the recruiter gave me a quick tour around the demo room. Showed off the product and went over the benefits and answered any questions about the company.

Each of the interviews were one on one in a conference room. Each one on one was about 30-45 minutes. Had a short break in between. Everyone asked technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accuray in January 2016.

Interview

Three hours of phone/Skype interviews and 3.5 hours of in-person interviews. A lot of overlap in questions between the 7 or 8 different interviewers as well, meaning if we had just all been in the same meeting it would have taken about an hour and a half.

I saw a lot of red flags during the interview process related to instability and disorganization within the company, but my research couldn't turn up anything concrete. I figured these were things I could work around (or work to improve) should I get hired.

After the interviews I was told that they wanted me to work there, but they needed to wait until Quarter End to hire me for financial reasons. Quarter end came and went with some excuses about needing more time, and they jerked me along for a few more months. After the end of the next quarter it was pretty obvious there was no position anymore.

The programming questions were straightforward. Brush up on your GoF patterns and a few programming puzzles and you'll be good to go.

Interview Questions

• How can you make a queue container using two stacks?   1 Answer
    • Describe the Factory Pattern and a time when you used it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accuray.

Interview

Phone interview with internal recruiter, followed by project manager. Afterwards an in person interview with the whole team with a bunch of conceptual questions and a few algorithm coding questions where they expect you to write the code on paper.

Interview Questions

• Does C# allow multiple inheritance? Can this be achieved through another method?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accuray.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn. The process took 2+ months. There were 3 rounds of technical interview and one HR interview. First round was telephonic and the I was called onsite. There were two one hour technical interviews and then one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on the previous work experience, challenges, how did you handle conflicts etc   Answer Question

SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Accuray (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

phone interview
    on-site interview after phone interview
    meet 4-8 people during the on-site interview
    negotiate salary
    accept offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accuray.

Interview

Pretty basic, easy interview. Mostly personality questions. It was a three stage Interview, Had a phone interview then an interview with HR. Finally five 30 minute interviews with the people I would be working with/under.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accuray (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

This was the longest interview that I've ever had. It lasted about 4.5 hours and I interviewed with a total of 8 employees.There were no breaks during the 4.5 hours, but the time flew by as the interview went on. No technical questions - mostly management style questions. Despite not receiving an offer, I feel that I did well and I feel that the company is a solid company with a good product.

While there, I interviewed with employees ranging from: technicians, system administrators, management and the VP of the department.

I have nothing negative to say about the company - things just didn't work out for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision that you made that you regretted and how did you overcome that decision.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accuray (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Multiple telephone interviews with a month gap. Sort of a one-way hurry up and wait attitude. Not very respectful of the candidates time and perspective (ie. arrogant).
    Then on-site interview with a couple managers and two individual contributors reporting to the position.
    Informal interviewing style. Somewhat disjoint between interviewers. Did they have a pre-interview discussion together? It wasn't clear to me what they wanted/needed, what they would have liked or disliked in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a family/children? (by the HR manager multiple times and the CTO)
      Are you willing to commute that far? (over 1.5 hrs each way during rush hour). Obviously not wanting to compensate for relocation (similar sentiment with friends working there).
      General questions about the position and roles. Non-standard interview informal format.
      The most concerning were the illegal questions, especially by the HR manager who obviously should know better. It indicates a certain culture lacking integrity and maturity. Would I think that other forms of discrimination wouldn't exist?   1 Answer

Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Accuray (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one on-site interview. On-site Interview was from 8 AM to 12 PM, talked with 8 people and there were no tough questions. They just went over my resume.