Achieve3000 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Achieve3000 Interview Questions

Interviews at Achieve3000

3.2

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Achieve3000 (Newark, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is propriety. It is aligned with the typical multiple step interview process of edtech publishers in the k-12 vertical, to include various phases to gain key insights about the candidate and to provide essential information.

Implementation Interview

Interview

The interview process included multiple rounds. There were two initial rounds of phone interviews. There was an in-person interview, which also included a presentation. There was also a phone interview during the final stages.

Implementation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Achieve3000 (Lakewood, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

Multilevel process -- phone, Skype, in person locally and in person at the corporate office.

I had a really positive experience with my interview process, and am pleased and surprised that the CEO sits in on each interview (if you make it to the last one). There are several hoops to jump through, and the process is slow going, but I think the attention to detail on their part makes a better probability that employees are a good fit.

The first step was a phone interview with someone within my local area. In my case, it was the person who would be my direct supervisor, and I found this person well-prepared. She had specific questions, but there was also a lot of comfortable chat. We spoke for over an hour, and I got a good feeling for what she would be like as a boss.

The next interview was done in person with the person who I had done the phone interview. I was contacted by HR, and given a weblink and outline to use to create a product presentation. The directions for the presentation was basically prepare an "elevator speech" where you have to discuss what the product can do and demonstrate that you can interact with technology and teach at the same time. We met at a local Barnes & Noble that was about halfway for both of us. I was given possibilities of where to meet, and I chose the location. The bookstore was busy, so we had a hard time finding a place where I could present with a level of some privacy. This didn't really bother me, though, since rarely are presentation locations ideal, and I think part of the interview process is to see how you react to the situation. After the presentation, the interviewer was very honest in her feedback, and explained what to expect next. She also gave me some specific tips on how to make my presentation more effective, as well as what I could reasonably take out of the presentation to save time and still be all right.

A few days later, I was contacted to go to the corporate office to interview with both the CEO and a high-level director, but right before I traveled, I was asked to conduct a web interview with the person who oversaw the region of where I would potentially be employed. This person was the boss of the person who would be my boss if I got the job. I did not have to complete another presentation during this step. She asked questions and discussed her leadership style and expectations. It was an easy experience.

Finally, I traveled to the corporate office in NJ where I met with the CEO, a director and HR. Achieve3000 arranged the travel, paid for flight, hotel and rental car. I had to purchase meals, parking at the airport for my car and gas in the rental, however, there was a reimbursement process, so I did not have any out-of-pocket costs.

When I arrived at the corporate headquarters, the receptionist, assistants, etc., were all very helpful and friendly. Each person wanted to make sure I had what I needed to present and were really positive. I had all of the technology necessary, and the set up was well organized. The interview began with just the director. The director asked typical questions about how I would handle certain situations with clients, what I planned on doing in the future and my past experiences. The CEO would enter later to view part of my presentation. I was warned in advance that when the CEO had seen as much as she needed, she would let me know, and not to read anything into it if I didn't get through the entire presentation. The CEO is no-nonsense, but not intimidating, although I imagine she could be if there was a reason. She just seemed very direct and matter-of-fact, which I tend to appreciate. I did the presentation, and got about half-way through when I was told I could stop.

The last person I spoke to at corporate was from HR. She said based upon the feedback she received from the director and CEO, she would be contacting me, and once I returned home, I received an email asking to provide references. This was about two weeks ago -- I was told there were people on vacation who are responsible for finalizing the process. I was also told all of my references were positive, and now I am waiting for an official offer.

It has been slow, and right now I am in limbo, but positive. People have been in contact with me to keep me updated on what is going on, so I am not completely out of the loop. My interview experience with Achieve3000 has been a good one, and while I'm impatient, I appreciate the thoroughness to make sure we are a good match. I was impressed that the CEO attempts to be involved in each interview, because I think it ensures quality, which will help the longevity of the company.

Interview Questions

• I was given some scenarios about dealing with difficult clients or agencies who weren't implementing the product to its full capacity, and how would I respond to these people.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Achieve3000.

Interview

I was interviewed, told by person on hiring committee that I was top candidate and was waiting on the official offer to come from corporate. They told me this for over 1 month. I stopped applying for other jobs since this offer call was coming "any day now" but was delayed due to corporate changes. After waiting all that time, the guy called back and said they were NOT going to offer me the job. WTF? I finally figured out that the person over this Dallas Implementation Position had a "favorite" applicant and was merely stringing me along hoping I would drop out of the running so her favorite candidate could get the job. Shame on her and this company!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Achieve3000.

Interview

The process has changed but I remember it being a pretty lengthy and stressful process. It started out with a Skype interview with a contracted search firm, then a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager, a group interview where I was expected to do a presentation on the product and then finally a 5-minute presentation and 10-minute interview with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure if you'll be able to do this job. Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't working at the time but ended up getting a higher base that my previous job.

Regional Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Achieve3000 (Lakewood, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter. Had a live interview and presentation in my local area with 2 sales vps and hr. I was then was flown to New Jersey for an interview with the founder about 2 weeks later. The interview in New Jersey was not professional. I was only interviewing with the founder. She was late to the interview. She interrupted my presentation to ask about my current employer, and the hr contact clearly had me mixed up another candidate. The founder only "interviewed" me for about 20 minutes. The whole experience was over in 40 minutes. I never heard from them again, so have no feedback or information. I am glad that I learned then that my time was not valuable, and the fear that the employees live in of the founder.

Interview Questions

• Please provide a product walk through as though you were meeting with a principal or district member.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Achieve3000.

Interview

numerous interviews and presentations on product. Standard process but company and HR were a lot more accommodating during hiring then afterwards. Be wary of this company. Very cut throat to employees and sales and senior managers leaving all the time.

Negotiation

Saki needs to approve all hires.

Editor Interview

Interview

Before even speaking with a live person, they require you to perform an editing test for free. After doing this test, returning it, and asking for a followup I have yet to hear back from them. Like many editorial jobs, Achieve 3000 is apparently fine with using editors searching for work as a way to get free work done for their corporation. If you're a writer or an editor, stay away. This is a horrible industry practice and becoming more and more widespread. People deserve to be paid for their work.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to edit a document for free, then ghosted me entirely once their work was done. No feedback, no response, nothing.   Answer Question

Achieve3000 Response

Jun 5, 2019 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your interest in Achieve3000 and for taking the time to complete the screening. We apologize that you had a negative experience while interviewing for our available Editor opening. We... More

Customer Support Interview

Interview

I first met with two existing employees. After some brief questions about my past customer support experience I met with the manager of the department who went into more detail about the role and asked a few more questions. I then watched a video and filled out a writing prompt.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to walk someone through something technical.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Achieve3000.

Interview

very intricate process...everyone who is in final stage needs to be vetted by Saki, CEO. Her questions are all over the place. Most have to present, some have to submit work related to their job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation. THey ask for your current salary and base your offer off of that