Acumen Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2018

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at Acumen Solutions to learn more about the specific opportunity, gauge my level of interest, and to see if there was a high-level fit. The screening call with the recruiter was quite informative and led to in-person interviews at the company's headquarters. The coordination with the recruiting team regarding the interviews was timely and detailed.

I had five interviews scheduled that ran for roughly 4 hours. I met with a practice lead, account leads, and others that could assess my fit for an enterprise project manager position. During the interview, I was asked specific questions about my background, skill set, and experience with Salesforce, Agile development, and project management. I really felt that it was a good back and forth dialogue with the interviewers as opposed to a one-sided question/answer session. Each interviewer took the time to provide me corporate background information, assessed my ability to meet the position requirements, and left time to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe past project management work experience on a large technology integration initiative.   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback! Welcome to Acumen!

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call during the afternoon a few days after applying online. Overall I was some what disappointed with how HR managed this interview for the following reasons:

1) HR coordinated interview via phone rather than email, unprofessional.
    2) HR person didn't prepare their questions ahead of time.
    3) A lot of silent gaps, again HR person was not prepared.
    4) Was told a technical interview would be scheduled and should expect an email soon..Never happened!
    5) A lot of technical issues with their website's career's portal.

I could have followed up with the HR person for not getting the email but this left a bad after taste..

Interview Questions

• 1)Where's Purdue University?
      2)Where in Indiana?
      3)Why were you in Indiana?
      4)Where's Purdue University?...etc.. infinite loop   1 Answer

Mar 21, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We are so disappointed to hear about this negative experience. Candidate experience is not something we take lightly, and we are regretful that your experience was far from perfect. If you would... More

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with them and I was asked to talk about myself and had mentioned that I had my Associates degree and was working on my Bachelor's degree. Then she wanted to clarify if I had my Bachelor's or not which I said no, I'm working on it. She then said they don't accept anybody without a Bachelor's even though the job description says "Bachelor's degree or equivalent IT experience." Which I took as if you didn't have a Bachelor's, that you'd need experience to back it up which I definitely have. She then told me she was going to have the director edit it so it didn't say that. Little shady in my book.

Interview Questions

Acumen Solutions Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We have corrected our job descriptions and apologize for any wasted time. If you would like to provide more in depth feedback for us... More

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was quick and thorough. I was referred by a current employee. Within two business days, I had spoken to a recruiter. They were respectful of the confidentiality of my job search and were extremely flexible in working around my schedule to avoid raising red flags with my current employer. Process took two weeks due to travel of interview staff.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of as it pertains to your career?   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sending in a review! We are so pleased you had a great experience and look forward to you joining our team!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Dealt with a recruiter who is less than punctual for the scheduled discussion. No apology from the recruiter for being late. Recruiter made me feel that I was inconveniencing the recruiter and not the other way around. I gave up time on my busy calendar to have this discussion. Recruiter did ask to reschedule and I agreed.

The rescheduled discussion was quite painful. Recruiter uninterested having the discussion, quite rude when I asked the recruiter to clarify the questions so I can answer the questions. At one point the recruiter made an unprofessional comment, said this isn't working and hung up the phone. The recruiter was not engaging, did check a box and not interested in the task at hand. Very disappointing. I had heard good things. This company just bit the dust with me.

Interview Questions

Acumen Solutions Response

Oct 5, 2016 – Sr. Recruiter

We are disappointed to see you had a negative experience and would like to discuss this more with you directly, as we take comments like this very seriously. We are interested in improving our... More

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview happened in three parts - a phone screen, a coding exercise review, and three back-to-back in-person interviews. Everyone was honest and personable, and I felt like people genuinely cared about getting to know me. They did a fantastic job keeping me informed about the process, and I never once felt lost or unsure about what my next steps should be. I've known people at Acumen for a few years now, and have always been impressed by the careful balance their people find between professionalism and personability. I also want to give a particular shout out to Cecilia Gaspar who conducted my phone screen, and Caitlin Fernandez who conducted one of my in-person interviews. They really put me at ease and answered every silly little question I had. I was already convinced Acumen would be a great place to work, but meeting Cecilia and Caitlin really sealed the deal. I can firmly say it was the most pleasurable interview process I've been through to date.

Interview Questions

• What factors are important to you when looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

You will have set of 3 people interviewing you, one by one. First one is behavior interview, second and third is technical interview. It takes about 2-3 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• If Martians have invaded Earth, teach one activity.

Gives 40 min for prep, 10 min to present.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of Acumen's recruiting team after applying via the company's website. We had a good phone conversation in which the recruiter talked about the companies business model, history, types of clients, verticals, etc., as well as the roles within the company and some information about the role I applied for.

After this initial conversation where mutual interest was established, the next step was to do a written technical exercise -- this described a hypothetical client project with various technical components and requirements and the ask was to document your solution approach.

The next step was a phone screen with one of Acumen's senior technical leaders, where the I discussed my background and project experience and we delved into particulars around those projects.

Subsequently, I went into Acumen's office in Tyson's Corner for face-to-face interviews. I met three members of the technical leadership team (separately), as well as one of the account leads. Each explored my past projects and experience in various areas, such as application integrations, as well as the particular technology domains and tech stacks I have worked with.

A few days later, I received the offer letter, which I gladly accepted and started a couple of weeks later. The recruiter was very open, involved and responsive throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Based on the technology stack described in one of the projects on my resume, I was asked to describe what drove my technology choice of the particular components described.   1 Answer

Oct 23, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for this feedback! We put a lot of work into the candidate experience, so we are thrilled to hear it is paying off! Welcome to Acumen!

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seven Hills, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (Seven Hills, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the recruiter (Cecilia Gaspar), a technical screening over the phone with another interviewer (Caleb Weaver), and a day of in-person interviews with various people from management to prospective peers

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between "static" and "non-static?"   Answer Question

Mar 28, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you, thank you for the positive reviews! Welcome to Acumen!

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process consists of a phone screen, banking progam to complete, technical screen, then on-site. Technical round consisted general OOP questions, and live programming. On-site interview takes about three hours where you'll meet with three different people from management.

Interview Questions

Acumen Solutions Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

So excited to have you on the Acumen team!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The first parts of the hiring process involved a conversation with the recruiter and then a Salesforce config test. After that I came in for an interview with two people at the level I would be coming in at and another person a couple levels up. Overall everyone was pleasant and seemed really interested in my background in running a small business. They told me that it was a parent-friendly place and that they liked that I had consulting experience. They really value people who have good problem-solving, client-facing skills.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer 1: Tell me about past projects in building applications and Salesforce experience?
      Interviewer 2: Describe your management style?
      Interviewer 3: A case study - how would you handle people in your team who don't get along, a client whose requirements are going out of scope, and coming into the second phase of a project?
      Recruiter: What salary are you looking for?   Answer Question