Acumen Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at Acumen Solutions to learn more about the specific opportunity, gauge my level of interest, and to see if there was a high-level fit. The screening call with the recruiter was quite informative and led to in-person interviews at the company's headquarters. The coordination with the recruiting team regarding the interviews was timely and detailed.

I had five interviews scheduled that ran for roughly 4 hours. I met with a practice lead, account leads, and others that could assess my fit for an enterprise project manager position. During the interview, I was asked specific questions about my background, skill set, and experience with Salesforce, Agile development, and project management. I really felt that it was a good back and forth dialogue with the interviewers as opposed to a one-sided question/answer session. Each interviewer took the time to provide me corporate background information, assessed my ability to meet the position requirements, and left time to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe past project management work experience on a large technology integration initiative.   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback! Welcome to Acumen!

Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process was extremely quick and very thorough. I was contacted by a recruiter through Linkedin. On a Monday I had about a 30-45 minute phone interview. That Tuesday I had taken an electronic Salesforce technical assessment. after passing I schedule an interview for that Thursday to have an in person three hour interview with three different Consultants involved in various aspects of the business. One woman gauged my Salesforce experience and my level comfort and exposure to various aspects of the platform. The first man gave me an interactive challenge in which I had to do a small presentation at the end. The last man asked me various questions that measured emotional intelligence, personality, collaboration, and time management skills. I had gotten an offer that same Friday.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my level of exposure to nearly all functionality within Salesforce, standard and custom.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was well organized and conducted on site in Virginia. Most of the people I was interviewing with were located in the office and for interviews with people who were not located in the office, the interviews were conducted via web conferencing. The interview process is lengthy but when applying to a company with a great reputation such as Acumen Solutions, I would expect nothing less. If you are applying for a technical role or a solution role, you will also be expected to go through a practical exercise to detail how you would approach a resolution to a situation. Throughout the process, my recruiter stayed in contact with me consistently, provided me all the information I needed, and answers questions in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to transition from the client side to the consultant side?   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of Acumen's recruiting team after applying via the company's website. We had a good phone conversation in which the recruiter talked about the companies business model, history, types of clients, verticals, etc., as well as the roles within the company and some information about the role I applied for.

After this initial conversation where mutual interest was established, the next step was to do a written technical exercise -- this described a hypothetical client project with various technical components and requirements and the ask was to document your solution approach.

The next step was a phone screen with one of Acumen's senior technical leaders, where the I discussed my background and project experience and we delved into particulars around those projects.

Subsequently, I went into Acumen's office in Tyson's Corner for face-to-face interviews. I met three members of the technical leadership team (separately), as well as one of the account leads. Each explored my past projects and experience in various areas, such as application integrations, as well as the particular technology domains and tech stacks I have worked with.

A few days later, I received the offer letter, which I gladly accepted and started a couple of weeks later. The recruiter was very open, involved and responsive throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Based on the technology stack described in one of the projects on my resume, I was asked to describe what drove my technology choice of the particular components described.   1 Answer

Oct 23, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for this feedback! We put a lot of work into the candidate experience, so we are thrilled to hear it is paying off! Welcome to Acumen!

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

This was treat organization for the interview process. First HR (recruiting) by phone then an online skills test, then a hiring manager by phone. Finally there was a meeting in person with multiple people from different areas.

Interview Questions

• What path do you want to take? Project management vs. consulting?   Answer Question
    • They gave a written page with scenario, left for a while and came back to ask questions. Very realistic and reasonable.   Answer Question

Oct 23, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Definitely stay in touch with your recruiter! Business needs are always changing! Glad you had a positiver experience.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter, who spoke to me regarding my interest in the job position and introduced the basics of the company.
    Afterwards the company sent me a code review, followed up with a Technical Phone Screen with three developers about my written code submission and general OOP questions. In a few days I was asked to interview on-site, and was provided very detailed overview of the interview process, including the people I will be talking to and for how long, etc.

During the on-site interview, everyone I spoke to provided me with great insight with the company structure, business model, partners, and the job position itself, including explanations of people managers and technical leads. Everyone was very passionate and easy to speak to.

After the interview that Thursday, I was offered a position the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What is an abstract class/method and when would you use it?
      What is an interface, etc?
      General OOP Questions.   Answer Question

Oct 23, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback! We are happy to have you here!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a very professional, caring and mutual understanding interview. They are extreme professionals who will engage in a conversation rather than formal 'interview questions'. Anyone lucky enough to be interviewed especially if you end up with Cecilia who is just fantastic in her people's skills and experience. You will come out impressed and ask yourself why other companies don't practice what Acumen does. First class service.

Interview Questions

Acumen Solutions Response

Jul 7, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are so happy to have you here!

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview happened in three parts - a phone screen, a coding exercise review, and three back-to-back in-person interviews. Everyone was honest and personable, and I felt like people genuinely cared about getting to know me. They did a fantastic job keeping me informed about the process, and I never once felt lost or unsure about what my next steps should be. I've known people at Acumen for a few years now, and have always been impressed by the careful balance their people find between professionalism and personability. I also want to give a particular shout out to Cecilia Gaspar who conducted my phone screen, and Caitlin Fernandez who conducted one of my in-person interviews. They really put me at ease and answered every silly little question I had. I was already convinced Acumen would be a great place to work, but meeting Cecilia and Caitlin really sealed the deal. I can firmly say it was the most pleasurable interview process I've been through to date.

Interview Questions

• What factors are important to you when looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Great experience - mutual exchange of information to make sure I was a good match for the position. Everyone was very friendly. They were recruiting me as much as I was interviewing for a position. Also, the people I interviewed with incredibly accomplished and intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Acumen Solutions?   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback and welcome to Acumen!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions.

Interview

The in person interview process was about 4 hours. I met with about 6 people individually and they all asked the same questions. It was intimidating and a total turn off.

May 25, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We are disappointed to hear you had a negative interview. We are working on revising our interview structure to ensure this does not happen. Thanks for the feedback!!

Employed and Loves Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA).

Interview

There was one phone screen interview and then there was three to four interviews in one day by different people. The interviewers really gave me the impression that they wanted me to get the job and was very pleasant. Acumen solution really stream lined the interview process. From when they gave me the first interview to when they gave me the offer was about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience with ETL tools.   1 Answer

May 25, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for sharing this! We love hearing good feedback!