Acumen Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acumen Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

Employed and Loves Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA).

Interview

There was one phone screen interview and then there was three to four interviews in one day by different people. The interviewers really gave me the impression that they wanted me to get the job and was very pleasant. Acumen solution really stream lined the interview process. From when they gave me the first interview to when they gave me the offer was about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience with ETL tools.   1 Answer

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin. After the initial phone screen and a second call with the corporate care specialist I was invited for an in person interview. I interviewed with 4 departments. They were all very professional. A big thank you to Natasha and the team for all their hard work. After the in person interview, they realized that my skills can be used to be successful in a different role and they directed me towards that. I interviewed with 2 senior consultants and a manager. The over all process was incredibly professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work under pressure? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Mar 28, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We are so excited to have you join the Acu-Team! Thank you for the positive reviews! We will make sure Natasha sees this!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I heard about Acumen from a former employee. I reached out and got a hold of their recruiting office. Had a quick phone interview, then went onsite for a formal interview. Everything was great. Very nice people. Their HR department has been really great.

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario and asked to fill in the answers to a hypothetical project.   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for reaching out with these kind words!

Administrative Interview

Application

Interview

Process was quick and thorough. I was referred by a current employee. Within two business days, I had spoken to a recruiter. They were respectful of the confidentiality of my job search and were extremely flexible in working around my schedule to avoid raising red flags with my current employer. Process took two weeks due to travel of interview staff.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of as it pertains to your career?   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sending in a review! We are so pleased you had a great experience and look forward to you joining our team!

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call during the afternoon a few days after applying online. Overall I was some what disappointed with how HR managed this interview for the following reasons:

1) HR coordinated interview via phone rather than email, unprofessional.
    2) HR person didn't prepare their questions ahead of time.
    3) A lot of silent gaps, again HR person was not prepared.
    4) Was told a technical interview would be scheduled and should expect an email soon..Never happened!
    5) A lot of technical issues with their website's career's portal.

I could have followed up with the HR person for not getting the email but this left a bad after taste..

Interview Questions

• 1)Where's Purdue University?
      2)Where in Indiana?
      3)Why were you in Indiana?
      4)Where's Purdue University?...etc.. infinite loop
      1 Answer

Mar 21, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We are so disappointed to hear about this negative experience. Candidate experience is not something we take lightly, and we are regretful that your experience was far from perfect. If you would ... More

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process consists of a phone screen, banking progam to complete, technical screen, then on-site. Technical round consisted general OOP questions, and live programming. On-site interview takes about three hours where you'll meet with three different people from management.

Interview Questions

Acumen Solutions Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

So excited to have you on the Acumen team!

Salesforce Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Upon entering the interview process I quickly learned that Acumen Solutions clearly selects the best in the industry. Proper expectations were set by the recruitment team -- Rachel & Eleanor went above and beyond to set these expectations while also taking the time to encourage me. The 3 part interview included senior consultants who specialized in different spaces but all shared a consummate professionalism which spoke volumes to me as the candidate. This organization is rapidly growing and knows how to chose the right people -- Acumen is a partner of salesforce.com which makes them a premiere consultancy that is certainly going places! This was one of the most pleasant and efficient interview processes I have taken part in.

Interview Questions

• "Do you prefer to work independently or collaboratively"?   1 Answer

Mar 30, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the kind words! We are so excited to have you on board!

Salesforce Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I had a great conversation with an Acumen employee over coffee after we were introduced by my sister, who happens to live in his neighborhood. He referred me to Acumen's recruitment team, and I was contacted not long thereafter by Rachel for an initial phone call/screening.

By the tail end of our call, Rachel let me know that she would be recommending me for an in-person interview. As someone who attended graduate school as a career-switcher, I have been interviewing and dealing with recruiters regularly for some time now. Without a doubt, Rachel was the best I have encountered. She sent me a detailed e-mail outlining everything I could do to best prepare myself for the in-person interview, and was quick to respond to any question I sent her way in the week that followed.

My in-person interview was one week later. It consisted of three 1:1 interviews. The first two were with a Senior Consultant and a Manager, respectively, and each lasted 30-40 minutes. The questions were mostly behavioral in nature and both interviews felt like conversations, which was a nice change of pace compared to the interrogation vibe some firms give off. The final interview was with a Director, who gave me an exercise to work on for about 20 minutes. When he returned we talked through the exercise for about 10 or 15 minutes and then had about 30-minutes worth of conversation that covered a wide range of topics.

Everyone I encountered during the process came across as genuinely interested, friendly, and professional. I sent follow-up emails that afternoon and received an offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• As the flip side to a question you may have expected, where do you not want to see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Wow! Thank you for the kind words regarding our interviewers and recruiting team. We are very excited to have you join the Acu-team and cannot wait to see your success!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

It took almost 2 months, I applied through employee referral, and their career website, and with my ongoing email communications I finally moved to next step. I receive an email with Acumen Bank code challenge, there was 3 bugs/feature that I need to fix/add, which I found kind of interesting and completed all of them quickly. Then a week later I had a technical phone interview, I almost answered all the questions may be no answer for two questions and did online code challenge. I believe I did the correct coding for that one as well, and I was told that recruiters would inform me about next step early in the next week. When tech guys told me next step, I had hoped to have an onsite interview, and tough recruiters will arrange a time for next week. I tried to reach recruiters again on the following week and I received an email says not selected. That was awkward; I wish tech guys did use the correct language, I wish they told me "You will receive an update on your interview result" or something like that. Instead, they told me "You will be informed on next step," Overall I was not happy their recruiting process, and it was a waste of time for me.

Interview Questions

• Polymorphism, inheritance, design pattern, overloading, overriding, interface, static methods,   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Hi there! We are so sorry you did not have a positive experience. We work hard to make sure the candidate does not leave with a negative impression. We will make sure our technical staff knows how to ... More

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen Solutions (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Everyone I encountered during my interview process was very welcoming. My recruiter, Cecilia, went out of her way to make sure I was prepared and comfortable from the time I was offered an interview to the time I made my decision on an offer. The interview process at Acumen is very professional and well done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the best boss you've ever had and tell me about the worst boss you've ever had,   Answer Question