Acumen Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Acumen Solutions President and CEO David V. Joubran
David V. Joubran

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Solid work/life balance and 4 weeks PTO for new hires" (in 18 reviews)

• "Great people - good technical experience with modest egos" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "People Managers: The People Manager program is terrible" (in 9 reviews)

• "Two-faced employees at all levels, especially upper management all the way to Directors and Managing Directors" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Company"

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time

Pros

I have been working at Acumen Solutions for more than two years and love the company culture. I have come to consider many of my co-workers to be good friends, and that makes coming to work every day great! The work we do is very fast paced and the expectations are high, but the collaborative nature of the company makes you feel supported and encouraged.

Cons

There have been concerns about sustaining our culture considering the recent, rapid company growth, but as long as employees continue to represent our core values we can uphold our company beliefs and behaviors.

Jul 12, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback!

2. "Amazing place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A fantastic culture, lots of like-minded people that are a joy to work with.
    Management that actually cares about you and your career.
    Awesome socials, and lots of happy hours.
    Amazing talent amongst developers and administrators.
    Great work/life balance with flexible hours.
    Down-to-earth CEO that is a pleasure to work for.
    Tech Center directors and upper management are all approachable and always open to suggestions.

Cons

Some clients are tough to work with, but that's not a reflection of Acumen's processes or management.
    In the past, the work of the Tech Center was often overlooked by headquarters, but there have been many strides made to close that gap.

Advice to Management

Please continue to take time to get to know everyone in the tech center. We are growing exponentially, and new faces are in the building every day. Keep working towards the family culture that puts this company above competitors.

3. "Consultant"

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good size. Not too large, where you're just a number. Not too small, where there are not a lot of resources.
    Great people and culture.

Cons

Professional development can be "cookie-cutter", which can be discouraging.

Jul 12, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback. Please feel free to seek out your HR BP in regards toy your personal professional growth. We work hard to ensure each employee feels supported in their own personal career... More

4. "Rapidly growing company, lots of opportunity for young professionals"

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time

Pros

1. Relatively flat project team structure with lots of opportunities to try new
    2. Company pays for certifications and maintenance fees
    3. Generous education reimbursement program

Cons

Like many growing companies, this company is actively working to scale its systems and processes along with its growith.

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time

Pros

Great culture & push to learn

Cons

No cons thus far

Advice to Management

Keep up great work

Jul 12, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you! Happy to have you here!

6. "Excellent Company to Build a Career"

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time

Pros

- People - genuine, intellectual and committed employees with EQ and IQ
    - Professional development, training, certifications, investment in the individual as a performer and as part of an overall culture of excellence
    - Momentum and Opportunity - incredible growth opportunities, ability to "reinvent" yourself as your personal and professional needs evolve

Cons

Flexibility, curiosity, focus on customer excellence and willingness to roll up your sleeves as a team player are the types of people who really thrive here.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek out team players who want to build an organization with a community vs. fulfill a specific role or grab a paycheck

May 11, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback!

"Nice place to learn but not to grow"

Former Employee - Enterprise Architect in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Architect in McLean, VA

I worked at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Impressive depth of hands-on SalesForce knowledge

Cons

Alarming disrespect of H-1 B employees. The condescension they are subjected to, makes the situation sadly a bit comical frankly; the H-1 B/Green Card folks are the veritable engine of the firm.

Advice to Management

None frankly since there is only one immigrant in the executive suite; the leadership seems oblivious to the pangs of an immigrant.

Apr 16, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Given how we strive to treat all employees with respect and as professionals, our assumption is that this specific concern is relative to the Visa process versus general employment and management of... More

"Great Culture, Low Pay"

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time

Pros

Excellent culture, caring and involved employees and managers, excellent specialization in Salesforce, and great reputation in the industry. Solid work/life balance and 4 weeks PTO for new hires.

Cons

Pay is lower by $25K+ than at competing, "big name" consultancies like Accenture, Deloitte, and CapGemini. Recruiters from these firms will often poach Acumen consultants for this reason. The company has a hard time holding onto companies at the 1-4 level.

Advice to Management

Now that we're approaching 1,000 employees, this could be a good time to consider increasing salaries to fairly reflect market rate. At the very least, a referral bonus or incentive might be a good place to start. Otherwise, high rates of attrition will continue.

Mar 20, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback! We continuously do salary comparisons based on actual data, and we are competitive in our compensation. As you mentioned, we have an amazing culture, which also... More

"Some good and some bad - do not fall for the hype"

Former Employee - Technical Role in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Role in McLean, VA

I worked at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- First of all, remember that it is a consulting firm, so your experience will LARGELY depend on the project you are in. Different projects are almost like different companies because of varying personalities and style of work.

- Good learning - what you learn in a consulting company in one year is usually more than what you can pick up in 3 years at other normal places, and that is true at Acumen as well.

- Amazing support for achieving Salesforce certs.

- If you are a workaholic, this is the place to be. If you seek a good work-life balance, look elsewhere.

Cons

- The work load can be overwhelming. Because its a growing company, in order to compete with the big firms, they bid for work with challenging deadlines.

- A lot of the positive reviews are from junior employees written at the request of HR. When you are still fresh in the company and someone prompts you to write a review, you tend to be positive. So take them with a grain of salt.

- Predominantly a Salesforce place. If you want to work on other cloud technologies, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

- Growth is good, but it cannot be at the cost of constantly burning your people. If you do not have the skill set, avoid bidding for new work. Else people will leave anyway for 1-2 years like I did and constant churn is not good for you.

- Reduce the number of corporate contribution type programs or stop evaluating people on them, the work can be overwhelming as it is.

"Great environment to learn"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been here a couple years. The environment is pretty relaxed. As long as you're always getting your work done, no harm will come to you. They've got ping pong and video games for break time. 4 weeks of PTO off the bat is ridiculous and you'll find it tough to beat.

Cons

Pay is lower than some others in the area, but the culture and PTO make up for it.

Mar 20, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback. Not all of our offices have video games and ping pong (just for other to know), but so glad you are able to enjoy those perks! We do continuously evaluate compensation and... More