Acumen Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Acumen Solutions President and CEO David V. Joubran
David V. Joubran

Pros
  • They emphasize work life balance, which is big in consulting (in 15 reviews)

• Really great people from the very top and continuing down to the lowest levels (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • People Manager program sucks especially if your (in 7 reviews)

• You can't help but wonder how various people in upper management got there (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

I worked at Acumen Solutions full-time

Pros

The people are great and very conscientious. They care about their project teams and their customers. They have a passion for the solutions that they design and deliver. There is a strong and inclusive culture and willingness to do good for customers and the community.

Cons

The company is still struggling to define what the career advancement model looks like and there are a lot of execs at the top that have been there for a very long time. There is plenty of opportunity to build and grow project and customer experience but not a lot of opportunity to advance beyond Senior Manageer and Director

Acumen Solutions Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for the review! We hope you enjoyed your time with Acumen Solutions!

2. "Excellent Place to Build Your Career"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in McLean, VA

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to enterprise Salesforce implementations and associated methodologies and best practices for entry and mid level consultants

Cons

I don't have any cons. Been working here for 2 years and have enjoyed my time thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"If your in a market for a new job I would suggest considering them before anyone else"

Current Employee - Consultant I in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant I in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will feel welcome and a part of the team even when you step in for your interview. I knew after being here for one hour into my interview this was the place I wanted to land. The first week and on boarding process was very thorough and you at no point were left in the dark as to where to turn for answers. Not to mention I have not met a single person here who is not willing to help you or take time out of there day to answer your questions this is the greatest professional environment I have ever been a part of. Every step from recruitment to Human resources to training on your first weeks has been a pleasure and there are a lot of great professional people here that work hard and make sure you succeed and genuinely want you to grow.

Cons

none at all, In the past 4 years I have moved to several different employers and none has got it right from a standpoint of caring for your employees and putting them in an environment to thrive and grow. Acumen goes the extra mile to make sure there employees are happy and its refreshing!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep going on the same path you are heading.

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Developer, Consultant II in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Developer, Consultant II in McLean, VA

Pros

Employee development is great! They made sure have a mentor to help me through my career path. They provide tools, people and some other types of resources to help my through my development.

Cons

The company is still growing which mean things like policies are still changing or being updated.

6. "Good, Not Great, First Job"

Current Employee - Developer II in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Developer II in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment, easy to ask coworkers questions, ping pong, wii u, great first job

Cons

low pay, quite a few terribly run projects that make working very stressful if you're on them, not truly casual dress (jeans with business casual shirts), lenient with working remotely but it's discouraged, you can be easily pigeonholed into purely Salesforce/Apex work

"Somewhat a good fit.. Good Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Some talented people, Good Benefits, PTO policy, Good access to training

Cons

Disconnected with employees. Staffing not the best at finding good match. They stick to what is tried and tested. Not in employee's best interest. Overall they value appearances more than talent

Advice to Management

Senior management though quite nice...are disconnected with employees..

Acumen Solutions Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for the review. We are absolutely focused on bridging the gap with Sr. Management and the consulting level staff. If you are open to discussing and providing any suggestions, please reach ... More

8. "Tech Consultant 1 (Developer)"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant I in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant I in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company. Super relaxed and friendly environment. Great Benefits and a decent salary. Have learned a lot.

Cons

Not many people like living in Cleveland.

9. "an excellent company to work for and grow under"

Current Employee - Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Acumen Solutions has cultivated an environment in which we all continually encourage and push each other to grow professionally, while also not sacrificing a healthy balance between work and life. Structure has been put into place to make sure that happens. More than anything, the people here are great!

Cons

The medical coverage, 401k, and other benefits are acceptable, but not great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! And continue pushing for more ways to keep your fingers on the pulse of what is important to your developers--as the company continues growing, keeping open lines of communication from bottom to top and vice versa is only going to become more challenging.

"Senior Consultant I"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant I in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant I in McLean, VA

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Good team-work and camaraderie among the true workers of the company - Consultant I through Senior Consultant II.
    2) The company has a lot of Salesforce collateral that helps it stand out in the industry.
    3) The company is a great place for a college graduate to get a start in their career before moving on to a larger consulting firm.

Cons

1) The management at the company is very relaxed and complacent. They don't understand the work that is being completed and over-promise on unrealistic timelines and scope.
    2) The promotion process is very biased. The leadership has favorites and those that are truly deserving of raises/promotions are constantly over-looked for employees that are favored by the leadership.
    3) Compensation is well below the industry average

Advice to Management

Start thinking about weeding out Managers, Senior Managers, and Directors that have been at Acumen for over 8+ years and have become complacent in their work style and work ethic. The consulting world demands those that are willing to put in extra hours. Working a 35-40 hr week isn't going to cut it. Those that want to work those hours can find a job in a non-consulting firm. Use the money from cutting these FTE's to invest in smart college graduates.

"Overall a good place to work - but can still improve..."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Acumen Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Benefits are amazing! Lots of PTO - excellent work/life balance.
    - Your co-workers become your close friends.
    - You get to choose your choice of a Dell or MacBook.
    - A lot of corporate events and activities take place - employee socials - charities - Dreamforce

Cons

I think managers should be more welcoming and friendlier to new people. I think there is a slight disconnect with them trying to build new relationship with new hires. They can be set in their ways and can be to rigid with their thinking and it can come off as rude. I've noticed they only talk to "certain" people - which makes others label them as their favorites and at times it does make this environment feel like it's high school. Which can be discouraging to any new hire trying to make a name for themselves at work.

Advice to Management

Go out of the way to get to know new hires - don't just stick with your tenured group of employees. The new employees need to feel more welcomed. This goes for all departments.