Aderant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.6

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aderant (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from HR next day to schedule an in person interview after completing personality and aptitude test. Overall, process was very easy and HR is extremely helpful and communicates well on next steps.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aderant (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me regarding my resume. We spoke as normal about my qualifications and background. I was then sent via email an IQ/Personality test. Pretty basic. I was then notified by the recruiter that I passed the test and then a face to face interview was scheduled. When I arrived at the company I was placed in a private room to retake the IQ portion if the test for verification purposes. After I was done I met with the Director. She was friendly and gave a background of the company. I then met with one if the managers who gave me a run down if the software they used and their day to day routine. I then met with the Tech Lead of the department. He was friendly and asked basic interview questions regarding skills and background. Long story short after the interview was done a month later and I was NEVER given any feedback not about my interview or my 2nd round test results and not even a sorry to inform you automated email. Very unprofessional in the end!Blessing in disguise.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aderant (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Warning to applicants -
    I applied for a basic, mid-level writing position at Aderant Atlanta and regretted it. The position was slightly below what I was aiming for, but they promised the world (seriously) – so I gave it a whirl. However, I found their interview process to be a serious waste of applicants' time. Take Aderant with a huge grain of salt.

First, I had an extensive phone interview with their recruiter. She asked everything from previous experience to previous salary, previous benefits, and previous raises. She was very persistent about financial information. The phone conversation lasted about an hour. Several days later she called again and said that she would be emailing a Wonderlic IQ test. I took both the personality test and the IQ test and was then called and asked to come to Atlanta for an interview the following week.

Once I arrived at their office in Atlanta, I was put in a room and had to repeat the IQ test in-person to verify my scores. They then told me that my scores were excellent both times. After the second test, I did two interviews. During the interviews I submitted writing samples. My writing samples had been published in magazines and added as “required reading” at my past university.

However, they still could not come to a conclusion after the phone interview, two IQ tests, two in-person interviews, and four published writing samples. They put me back in the room with a computer, where was told to complete two writing prompts to email to the interviewers.

At the conclusion of the five-part “interview,” I was told that I would hear back in two days ..... But of course, I never heard anything.

I called a week later and asked the result, but I was told that some of their members were at a conference in London and were unavailable to make a decision. I never heard from Aderant until the following week – going on three weeks after our original phone call. Almost a month.

Thankfully, I was offered a supervisory writing position at another company while Aderant was dragging their feet. However, I wanted to warn applicants – don’t let them haze you with their “interview” process. And don’t sacrifice your salary for all of Aderant’s promises.

Long story short, be very careful about the seriousness and time you give to their interview process. They will not return the courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to complete a project with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aderant (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied by submitting documentation along with three other applications I was submitting on the side. After the submission, I proceeded to call and leave a message showing my interest. Four hours after I left the voice mail, I was called while eating dinner but stepped to the side to have a 20 minute phone conversation with their recruiter in Atlanta. She was very polite and seemed unrealistically enthusiastic about my interest and skills even though I had nothing documenting actual degrees or certificates. That being said, she emailed me a link to an on-line "cognitive assessment" which I completed after dinner. I was called back two days later to discuss compensation and benefits. Two days after that, I was invited to an in-office interview with the office manager, tech lead, and software lead. All three individuals seemed at ease, but at the same time held a high degree of professionalism. I was told to take the same assessment again at the office which I was notified later of being short 2 points of the hiring threshold four days after the interview. On the same call, I was offered a second chance to complete it either immediately or postpone it. Thinking it would show determination, I took the time to install Skype on my Android device which is in poor condition. In this scenario, I was determined to make it work. Unfortunately my hopes were short lived but not without a weekend plus one business day delay. I was called four days after the retake of the test to be notified by my formerly enthusiastic recruiter that I would have to wait six months before applying at any position that my have opened by then.

They pitch to applicants a wonderful opportunity consisting of full benefits and salary to technical minded users who couldn't afford or get into college, but do not allow that to deceive you.

If you don't have a degree or any sort of official certifications, save yourself the false hope and turn your attentions elsewhere. There are many companies that deserve your dedication more than this house of cards.

Professional Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aderant (New York, NY).

Interview

You have to pass and IQ test prior to being called for an interview. Some people have a problem with this, but I believe it gives the company some insight into the problem solving and critical thinking skills. The test isn't very hard, but I don't think it should be a deal breaker for potential hires. The phone interview was simply enough. I spoke with the department director who basically just reviewed my resume with me. I had an onsite interview with the VP of the department who mostly did the same thing. It appeared that based on my resume, they were ready to hire, all I had to do was exhibit basic interview skills.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to complete tasks with minimal supervision?   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Interview

Take an intelligence test, interview with a couple of senior employees. The interviewers didn't ask particularly difficult questions, but were interested in my credentials that showed I was qualified for the position

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aderant.

Interview

Talked to five people in the marketing department in three rounds. Also one director over the phone. Had a conversation with the biggest boss at the end of the interview,and he talked about the marketing industry in present time, more like a conversation, not much questions. Talk about my experience and available schedule, allowed me to ask them questions. Just behavioral questions, people are really nice

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aderant (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the main lawyer at the office. Interviewer talked most of the time without asking many questions. Didn't ask any basic interview questions. I felt like I should have maybe tried to interject more to sell myself better. The employees were all very nice and friendly. The culture seems to be pretty laid-back and relaxed.

Entry Level Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aderant (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied for job a few months prior by school job board. Was contacted by human resources. Had to take the very well known exam that has a 90% fail rate. Was called in for a brief interview with the manager that I would be now reporting to. Relatively easy interview. The managers don't usually hit you too hard during interviews because of how few people they can get in that pass the initial screening test. After a brief negotiation on salary I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What role would you eventually see yourself in?
      Tell me a little about yourself.

All the generic questions: Maybe one or two questions regarding the actual job role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aderant.

Interview

Very simple interview. There was no Technical part to it, although they make you retake the same personality test you took online as part of the process. During the interview, you just go over your credentials with the Director of Development. (along with a tour of the floor) If selected, you may receive a call immediately after (or a couple of hours after) by their in-house recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked on an agile development process before?   Answer Question