AdvancePierre Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AdvancePierre Foods Interview Questions

Interviews at AdvancePierre Foods

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by two different people to schedule my initial phone screen. They clearly weren't communicating with one another. The phone screen went very well (it was with a contractor), and I was quickly advanced to the next round. I received a lot of coaching to really learn as much as possible about the company history, etc.

I had an emergency that caused me to be late for the second phone interview. The manager called once & left a vm which stated he was available for the next 10 min. I didn't make it in time, so I quickly followed up with HR. I felt awful, tried to explain & reschedule, but she was rude and abrupt. She stated the manager called several times which wasn't true. Of course, I didn't argue or mention it was only one time since it was my fault for being late. She didn't respond to my request to reschedule, and in fact I received the automatic rejection email instead.

Based on this experience I would have had second thoughts about moving forward in the process. HR is the face of the company, so it was a total turnoff. I am not interested in working in a culture of arrogance and rudeness.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position and about 4 weeks later I get an email from a person not affiliated with APF to have a phone screening. The phone screening was a total of 7 minutes long and they asked me extremely basic questions such as have I ever worked within a budget and what I did and didn't like about my current job. After these questions the screener told me I was a great fit for the role and would have the APF hiring manager call me by EOD to set up a phone interview as they were looking to move quickly to fill the role. I sent one email to the screener when I hadn't heard anything in a week but no response and never heard from them again.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an interview with the manage and then a final interview with the VP of logistics. It was a very relaxed environment and got a good vibe from everyone in the company. You need to know your stuff but it was definitely not high pressure at all.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods (Enid, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

Horrible experience, dishonest people. They will lead you on and let you go long enough to find another job, then they want an interview. The turnover is so bad there.

Interview Questions

• You cannot apply again for 60 days because you turned our interview down.   1 Answer
    • Why did you turn down the first interview   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods (Enid, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

They didn't give me one for this instead they gave me one for a packer position and said that I would be selected next time if came open again which never did.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods (Enid, OK).

Interview

Interview day was grueling meeting with several different people, most of them asking the same questions over and over. None of them seemed interested in doing the interview. During the interview, an hourly employee almost lost their whole arm in a bad accident with a conveyor belt. During the tour, they showed me the area where it occurred and guess what? No emergency stops could be found anywhere on that line! They did not care during my interview and that sets the precedent for bad things to come if you work for them. Avoid this place!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a belt shredded into 70000 lbs. of meat?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enid, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods (Enid, OK) in January 2009.

Interview

Personal interview. made sure I could lift a box, had to take physical, drug test

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave last employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Worst ever, outside recruiter from Columbus, Ga. Did no read my emails, originally contacted me on a Monday about an phone screening, did not get back in touch with me until Thursday morning, the only day I was not availabe which I let her know in my emails, waiting an hour and a half for her to call, finally called her, was rude, abrupt, not the least bit civil, totally unprepared, and tried to be a bully. After talking to her, there was no way I wanted to be a part of that organization. She absolutely nothing about the position. She should be fired. I can only imagine the number of good people losers like her chase away from the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work at AdvancePierre?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Behavior based interview process, low pressure, need to be able to deal with grey area and limited external data. First call was a phone interview with the external recruiter. Next phase was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then, in person interviews with the entire team and human resources director.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AdvancePierre Foods.

Interview

A bit disjointed to say the least. A hiring manager who thought he was smarter than he actually was conducted the phone screen on his own without taking the "normal" step to vet candidates through HR.

Rushed immediately in the following week to make a "quick" decision on a candidate as I was one of two people for the job in question. We then sat around for the next month being told that we interviewed well and that holiday timing was to blame when in all actuality nepotism was taking place as a new Vice President brought in a former colleague and offered the position in lieu of us. Whatever!

During the day of my interview the hiring manager didn't even bother to come into town. Peculiar to say the least. The VP's line of questioning was scattered and disjointed. She tried going off of some consultant's script which I found amusing. She didn't know if she was coming or going. I did meet some nice people including the HR Director who was extremely professional.

I can only give this an incomplete. Lots of new people and things going on. The question is "Who's on first?"