Advanced Equities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advanced Equities

Investment Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Equities (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my campus recruiting and recevied an email wanting me to sign up for an appointment for a phone interview. I then completed the 15 minute phone interview and waited about a month before they called me again for my offer. During the month I had not received any calls from them and actually thought I did not get the job. Lucky enough they called later and said they were going through some recruiting problems and still offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of taking hundreds of rejections everyday on the phones?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Equities (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Basic interview for any broker position, extra points if you're a 'guido' type

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None...

Advanced Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Equities.

Interview

Found a job listing on Craigslist for a trainee position that would offer a training program to help trainees get their Series 66 and Series 7 licenses. Sent in my resume and cover letter, and got a call back the next business day. The recruiter asked me a couple of basic questions, and then asked me if I was comfortable with cold-calling. That was an immediate red flag for me, as it's not something I'm interested in. They were up front about what the position entailed, which was nice. I decided not to proceed with the interview process at that point.

Interview Questions

• Since it was more of a screening call, the question that was most difficult for me was a personal choice-whether or not I was willing to spend the next year of my life mostly devoted to cold-calling.   Answer Question

Invest Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Equities in May 2010.

Interview

Take a long time to get back to you.