Advanced Solutions International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advanced Solutions International Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advanced Solutions International

Intermediate Tecnnical Analyst - Monitoring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advanced Solutions International (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

They requested an on-site interview in Victoria(I'm in Vancouver). After finding out it would be like a day trip to Victoria and back with travel cost mounting up to $90, I politely pointed out the 'financial implication' and asked for a telephone instead. It went well and they insisited on a face-to-face interview. Off I went and shortly after I was informed of being the successful candidate.
    The subsequent salary negatiation turned out a nightmare; the job description stated a salary range of $60~69k but they insisted the salary must be $60k(Step 1, the lowest in the range) quoting it's a unionized position and employees get paid the same for doing the same job, regardless of matching experience, qualifications and certification.

Interview Questions

I was told that higher pay grades ( > Step 1) are possible, subject to approvals of the VP HR. In the middle of the process, the HR advisor approved a Step 2 herself, which was contradictory to that, and I was turned down flat for requesting Step 3. They didn't even bother to go through the approval process as previously claimed. So there was no sincerity from their side.
    They claim the pride of being an HP company. Any decent company will reimburse the travel cost associated with an interview and apparently it doesn't apply to them even after I pointed it out explicitly. I was satisfied about the telephone interview and so were they. Then it was them who 'needed to see me'(exact quote) whilst I don't care what they look like. Why should I pay the cost of 'been seen'?
    Always a strong believer of you-get-what-you-pay-for, I with my strong qualifications cannot imagine I could be happy working for a cheap company like this one. Thus I declined the offer.

Advice to Advanced Solutions:
    Do NOT state the salary range if you don't intend to go any higher than the lowest.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Solutions International in June 2009.

Interview

Manager wanted to know how my skills would be applicable to what ASI does. An initial phone interview followed by flying to DC to interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would excel here with no experience?   Answer Question

Offer was lower than market value