Advantech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advantech Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

3.1

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advantech in August 2017.

Interview

First interviewer was personable, engaging but off topic. Second interviewer was serious and barely asked questions. The second interviewer spent so much time talking about the company and the duties I barely was able to assert myself into the conversation and why I was a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stressful situations? Is there an example of a time when you handled a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advantech (Irvine, CA).

Interview

One 45-min phone interview. About 1 month later, a lengthy 1.5-2hr interview where you make 2 presentations to talk about previous experiences as product manager. You make product introduction presentations as well as an actual experience with how you dealt with a customer's requirements.

Interview Questions

• Do 2 presentations on a product you developed, and a case study on a previous project.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advantech (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and also about my previous employer. There were a total of 5 engineers interviewing me and my overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Traffic Engineering   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Initially I applied for ecommerce category manager position after the phone-screening which was very vague, so vague that when I went to the onsite interview the hiring manager thought I was better fitted for an application engineer instead ecommerce cause I didn’t have an MBA and didn’t know the MBA terminologies. Ehhh… education over success! Clearly the HR and hiring manager wasn’t on the same page.

Thought it was all good, knew what Applications Engineers did and went in for two more onsite interviews. HR checked out my references at my past jobs of production development, IT/MIS, ERP/CRM, ecommerce, masters in EE from top ranked university, etc… The hiring manager gave out a good vibe saying he was going to write up an offer but never heard back from them. Tried calling the HR and hiring manager for a couple of days but never got through. Finally sent a follow up email and a week later the HR said the position was cancelled.

Huge waste of time! This all took over a month! Resigned for my past China based company and thought a Taiwanese or a non-communist country would be better but unfortunately not. Very misleading!

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advantech (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advantech (Irvine, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was long, it took a little more than a month to complete the whole interview process. The process was in phases, from the hiring manager to a few other people who got involved. A lot of questioning regarding you experiences and how to solve your problems. Then questions about how you started the project from start to finish.

Questions about how you would work with the various vendors and labor union people. Also be prepare to show examples and photos of your work.

Interview Questions

• Very detailed questions regarding your positions, to really make sure you know what you are talking about. Questioning about what you did and how you overcame the problems or situations. Also, be prepared to do on the spot writing test.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advantech (Milpitas, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview went well without indication of the real situation/culture in the office; being interviewed by the only white people in a Taiwanese company was very misleading.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advantech (Irvine, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Pretty standard. 2 part interview. One with the dept. manager and the other with a Sales Director. Both had a series of prepared questions. The Sales Director was the follow up interview and tried to create a pressure-like situation with his questions. He was a bit transparent and easy to read. I played along with it and came out with an offer letter later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deliver disappointing news to a client. How did you handle it? What was your approach?   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advantech (Pune (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Great Interview I have ever faced. Straight forward discussion regarding your past experience and your target market to work.Just be comfortable and give best answer of the interviewer questions

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advantech in May 2013.

Interview

At first stage, to interview with a few business group VP with numbers of candidate together.
    At Second stage, to prepare a English presentation for Advantech's product which you can choose one of them from website your own.
    At third stage if necessary, the middle level management of hiring group will interview you for final evaluating the competency and will, then making the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Normal question for product manager such as the ethical dilemma, cross function conflict, risk management, and crisis management.   1 Answer