Advantest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Advantest

Sort:

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advantest (Cupertino, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Only my CIO, and two other phone interviews

Interview Questions

• How will you restart our wiki community?   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy, I accepted my contract rate

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advantest (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The overall process consisted of a phone interview, a programming screening test and then an on-site interview. The on-site interview took about two hours and was very technical. The questions asked were in programming and electrical engineering

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advantest (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It only took 2 week for hiring process, interview was not difficult. There were lot of questions based in basic coding and electronics knowledge. C, C++, Java and Python were tested.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advantest (San Jose, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

In one word: misleading interview & misrepresenting hiring conditions.
    Posted as “full time position” on major job positing sites including the company career page. After having gone through the full interview process including the final presentation on their program observation and recommendations, they wanted to contract me as a contractor. The other final candidate was their current contractor who has been there for a while. Asked why didn’t they offer the full time to the current contractor, they wanted more options.

Mind you that I spent good amount of time (almost a month) evaluating and analyzing their program with recommendations. I put so much effort and time to learn about the company for this presentation then told another condition for the final employment selection-being a contractor.

Some companies want even their prospects to have positive experience about the companies through interviewing process. Job search is not one way. As much as companies want to find the best candidate, job seekers are looking for the right place to work for. I am looking for a job, but not willing to work for a company that is not considerate and upfront with candidates.

Interview Questions

• Present your observation on the company program and recommendation for improvement.   Answer Question

Business Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advantest (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was for an internship so quite short, but I did receive a nice tour and met some people. :)
    There was a phone screen first then I came in for an actual interview. We talked about my background, the needs of the client, and then received a tour of the various departments.

Interview Questions

• My future career outlook, what I was interested, where I would like to be, etc.   Answer Question

Business Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Advantest (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was fast. I applied and got a call from HR, set up interview within few days. I went on 1 hour interview with three people. Then got an offer few hours later.

Customer Support Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advantest (Austin, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Generally only one interview with a 3 person panel, so you only have one shot to make a good impression. Interview is somewhat relaxed and casual as they are trying to determine if you are a good fit with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If they are interviewing that means they are in a situation where they need to hire someone ASAP, so don't be shy about negotiating.

NPI Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advantest in March 2019.

Interview

The live interview takes 3 hours long. Insulting manner from manager in the interview. The managers are young and are not good at personal relationships. Unrelevant technical questions which is not asked in job description. Job description is not sufficient.

Interview Questions

• What did you see in a schematic diagram?   1 Answer