Advicent Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Advicent Solutions

2.8

Partner Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for a different position, was redirected to this job by the HR team. Had an on-site assessment test (passed) and in person interview with the HR person, then an additional onsite interview. The interview was highly intense for a seemingly vague position. I wasn't allotted a lot of opportunity to discuss my strengths and work experience, as the majority of the interview was dictated by the VP reading from a list of highly specific situational questions. Was later sent an automated email by the HR person, saying I wasn't a good fit, even though he specifically redirected me to that position from the one I had applied to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you let your emotions get the best of you at work.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a time sensitive mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What criticism have you received from a manager and how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process is pretty simple. It starts with a phone-screen with HR and an aptitude test. About a week later I completed an on-site tour along with a verification of the aptitude test. A week later I completed an on-site interview with the hiring manager. I received their decision a week later.

I will provide both a positive and a negative from this process.

First, the HR department is phenomenal to work with. They are extremely process and root for your success throughout the entire process. I cannot thank them enough for their assistance.

The big negative is the actual interview with the Hiring Manager. The start of the interview is pretty normal in terms of personal questions, questions about your philosophy regarding teams, and some standard OOP based technical interview questions. However, this all turns when you move onto the code review of the project you build for them. If your solution is not exactly what they want, they will not only let you know that, but they will actively belittle you and make you feel like an idiot. The reason this is particularly problematic is because their preferred solution is not congruent with industry best practices, especially if you build your solution using ASP.NET and Microsoft SQL Server. Also, if you don't know a very specific detail about transmission of data, you will be belittled for that as well. I would say, unless you are coming to this company with a CS Degree i.e. you went to a bootcamp or were self-taught, this is not a recommended interview for you unless you are really on top of your stuff. While the company is probably a great place to work, this was not a good way to convince someone to work there.

Interview Questions

Advicent Solutions Response

Oct 21, 2019 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for the balanced feedback on the Advicent interview process. We strive to provide a positive experience for all candidates that walk through our doors and apologize if you felt belittled during your personal experience. The code review is intended to be not only used as an interview tool, but also as an educational opportunity for our Development candidates and interviewers. We do our best to create a two way dialogue in the code review providing an environment in which we listen to the candidate’s approach, give feedback, and share our best practices. We will certainly use your feedback as we continue work towards creating the best candidate experience possible at Advicent.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Took a few weeks total. Initial phone interview with recruiter. Then an online test which is also done in person to verify results. Then interview with interested parties with a follow up on an assignment such as write a user story for a traditional to roth IRA conversion tool.

Interview Questions

• Standard. Basically making sure you know what the position requires.   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2018.

Interview

After I submitted my application, I received an email to to schedule a phone interview with the internal recruiter. After the phone interview, I was asked to complete an IQ assessment and personality assessment online at home. Based on the results of those assessments, I was then brought into the office to take the IQ assessment again to verify the results. A few days later, I was invited back to interview with the hiring manager. After the interview with the hiring manager, I was called back to another interview with him, and two other managers that I would also be working closely with.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email in regards to the job opening. I applied and was prompted to take an aptitude test online the day after applying. After the aptitude test, I had a phone interview. After the phone interview, I came in to Advicent's physical location to take another aptitude test. After that, the in-person interview came. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They gave me several real-life scenarios and asked me how I would react. For example, they asked me what I would do if there was a really rude, cranky, and upset customer. They asked me to describe a time where I had to learn software from scratch and how I went about it. They asked me if I would prefer to work in a team or alone. They asked me to describe a time that a supervisor asked me to do something I didn't agree with and what I did after.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, online personality and logic assessment, online personality and logic assessment with skype proctor, finally an onsite interview with some technical questions.

Everyone involved in the process was super understanding, helpful, and a delight to talk to. It felt like a very sincere and fair process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult if you code you will do fine!   Answer Question
    • What your technology stack and day to day experience with coding.   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions.

Interview

Applied online, followed by Recruiter contacting me by email and sending me a link to complete a personality test and a skill assessment. The skill assessment is like an IQ test a little bit of verbal, math and some abstract and shapes task. After completion of the skills assessment recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 30 mins. Advicent Solutions is a Vista Equity Company they all have a skill assessment test

Interview Questions

• General background questions, Why do you want to move to the Wisconsin area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions (Wauwatosa, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process. It started with an online application, then a online test (essentially basic math questions with a few related to development), then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview with 2 developers. I would wait a week in between for each aspect of this interview. Everything was fairly simple until the in-person interview, which was very challenging. It started with a simple developer question and then got progressively harder and going into more difficult algorithms. As a new developer fresh out of college at the time of applying, it was definitely a challenge for me to get through this interview. I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult project that you've worked on and how you got through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Began with a short phone interview, where the recruiters get to know about your experience and education, and also about your personality to an extent. You then take an assessment to judge your critical thinking and things of that nature. Finally, you do at least one in-person interview with someone from the department you applied to.

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advicent Solutions (Wauwatosa, WI).

Interview

The interview process and the people I worked with through the process were very pleasant. The process included an online math/logic assessment, a phone interview, a validation of the math/logic assessment, and an on-site interview. Some of the on-site interview questions were to hand write some short "code your way out of a bag" programs in whichever language you are comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that simulates a particular mathematical sequence (that I will not mention).   1 Answer