Afc Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

1.9

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Point, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Afc Industries (College Point, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First the place is so cluttered and unorganized.at first site I thought it was a scrap yard,I went inside a trailer to tell the lady the at he desk that I have a interview,so she called someone to come get me to test,the guy came didn't say nothing to me so he took me the production side they called it and had one of the workers set everything up for me,so I'm tested the whole job stop just to see what I was doing.that was uncomfortable but everything went good now the same guy that took me inside there had me walk through more clutter which was unsafe so he brought me to his office,he called the boss on the phone and took me to another trailer he never said a word to me in took me to see the boss.

Graphic (Web) Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Point, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Afc Industries (College Point, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I showed up 15 minutes early as any job tip article will suggest, when I got there I took notice of what the exterior of the office looked like, it was right next to, what looked like a empty parking lot, where a lot of construction was being done. The entrance was a single door, that I didn't have to go through because it led to this open lot of an area. I was directed to take right, and walk to a door at the end. When i got inside, it was a very small space, not sure how much bigger it was compared to what I seen, but it was a very tiny unkempt office. I was directed to wait in this little office across from the entrance, it was very dirty and messy, wires and broken equipment everywhere. I kind of made a choice right then and there that I would not take any offer if it came to that. I waited for about 10 minutes, which isn't the worst seeing as how I was early.

A gray haired older gentleman came in and greeted me, he had my resume in hand. The man asked me all of 3 questions, one about my commute, my reasoning for looking for a new job and how much a I make, he wrote my answers down told me a little bit about the position and sent me on my way.

I was extremely put off by how brief the interview was seeing as how I had to take off of work to attend this, my 1st of 2 interviews that day.

I was called back in about 3 business days or so, I was at work so I didn't answer. I was told I was being contacted for a 2nd interview, I was reluctant, but desperate to make a move so I called back. I didn't get an answer, so I left a message, I told them that the date suggested may work, depending on the time, I suggest I be emailed with available times, or I could be called back. I never herd from the HR person again. Since I wasn't very excited about the position to begin with I just left it at that.

Interview Questions

• How was the commute coming into the interview? How long did it take?
      Why are you looking to leave your current employer?
      How much do you make currently?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer, R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Afc Industries (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was given a call after they found my resume online. I was asked to come in for the interview with someone, whose name they did not disclose. When I arrived, I did not know the entrance to the building. I was not told that I would be required to be buzzed in. No biggies. I buzzed. No one answered. I had to wait till an employee (who was smoking outside) saw me waiting and opened the door for me. Now again, you wouldn't know where the actual office is. I had to ask an employee there about the location of the office. Its not that facility is big. Its a couple of houses with a common area.

When I reached the reception, I was asked to wait. I had to wait 30 mins or so before the person showed up. He told me to follow him to the conference room for the interview. He did not introduce himself or allow me to introduce myself. No handshake, no greetings, nothing. At that point, I knew that this was a total waste of my time and fuel.

He started with "What is your current salary?" When I told him my salary, which is just below the average the salary for a ME, his face expression changed. The NEXT question he asks, "I am not going to provide sponsorship. What are your thoughts?" I was lost. I mean, if all he wanted to know was my salary and visa status, he could have asked about it over the phone or email. Moreover, I saw MANY internationals working there, who would have had to be sponsored. I did not see the meaning of this all. I was clear about my sponsorship requirements.

Since I was there and my time lost, I had to give a speech about my qualifications and achievements. So, after that, he asked me to choose from: Design Engineer, R&D Engineer and Manufacturing Engineer. I chose R&D Engineer. He said good, can you come next week for a second round of interviews? I said sure. I thought that he maybe open to sponsorship but "for the right candidate" kinda thing.

I went back. I know, a stupid mistake. I interviewed with another person. No handshake, no intro, nothing. I interview with him and all is great. He said that I should hear by the end of the week. Three weeks go by and nothing. I called once every week to check-in. Nothing. I am put on transfers to different people. I give up.

And one more thing to consider for all the applicants to this hell hole:

How bad can a furniture company be, if they can't repair their own broken doors and chairs?

Interview Questions

• What are you making now?, I am not going to provide sponsorship. What are your thoughts?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Afc Industries (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

went to the interview, the dude showed up and started asking me questions about my previous experiences. Since I'm fresh out of school, i told them about my summer internships and previous jobs that i held. In addition i told them about my senior project and how that relates to manufacturing. I believe they liked me answers, as they offered me the job, which i respectfully declined because the salary was too low for me.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Point, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Afc Industries (College Point, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through an internet employment site. I was initially contacted by phone and then given follow up instructions through emails. I met with a top executive at the company headquarters and answered lots of pretty standard interview questions. I found the questions to be fairly innocuous, nothing out of the ordinary. I got the impression they haven't had to hire someone for this type of position before and did not have a lot of experience.

Office Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Afc Industries.

Interview

Seriously, unless you are absolutely DESPERATE for work, don't waste your time. If they do not like you during the interview, you will be in and out of there in less time than it took you to find the place. You will most likely interview with the "Executive VP" first, which should be your first warning sign. If you DO get to the second interview stage and an offer, be advised that they probably will not deliver on any promises of a salary review after 3 months. Be sure to ask to use the restroom prior to your interview, so that you can get a genuine experience of this place.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are "high" compared to some other local companies in the area, but significantly lower than NYC salaries in general. They'll tell you they have medical/dental, but the employee co-pay is more than most other companies.You will have to pay upwards of $297/month for your medical coverage, and you'd probably do better with an Obamacare plan. You also will not get Labor Day off as a paid holiday. Go figure.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Point, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Afc Industries (College Point, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews with no drug testing or background check. A suspicious giveaway about a company with no class and no code. The interview was just a bleak preview of what was to come. Listen to your conscience - I did not. An embarrassing waste of your time when you find that you are being asked questions by people that no little of the outside world.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Afc Industries.

Interview

I recently interviewed for the accounting position at AFC industries. I was highly impressed with the interviewer. This interview was unique and very professional. He told me all about the company's history, providing very specific and honest information about the current and future position of the company. He questioned me intensely about my professional experience and vision for the future. He was very clear about the position I had applied for, its duties, expectations, and requirements, as well as the company's benefits, including the opportunity for advancing based on performance. I hope to hear back soon, as he promised to call within a week for a second interview; and i look forward to moving through this process. It was definitely a wonderful learning experience.

Manufacturing Interview

Interview

The person that interview me was 30 min late. He didn't apologize and was rude and unprofessional. When I told him about myself he played on his cell phone. The money that they offered me was half of my last salary. I should of read the reviews about this place and don't wast a day off to interview with them. The interview was less then 10 min. When I left the person didn't even thanked me, just left his office without saying anything

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Point, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Afc Industries (College Point, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Job Description did not even mention dictation as a requirement and while in the interview, I was told that dictation would be a requirement about 75% of the time. Since I am not adept with taking dictation, I was honest and the interview was concluded at that point. The interviewer did not apologize for running 20 minutes late for our interview, nor did he thank me for coming in. I wasn't really expecting too much given the reviews that I had already read on this site and another site, but I went to interview with an open mind however, when I arrived for the interview, it was real culture shock for me!!! The office is a dilapidated "dump". The fact that the interviewer was not at all professional really turned me off. My advice is that unless you are in dire need of a job, don't bother!!

Interview Questions

• I did not have to fill out an application; I met with the interviewer, and he asked me to describe my typical day at my previous job, and I did ...and then I asked him to tell me more about the position which he started describing and told me that dictation was a large part of the position, at which point I was honest by telling him that I could not fulfill that requirement, so the interview was abruptly concluded WITHOUT him even thanking me for coming in; he actually walked right out of the conference room before I had my portfolio packed up. He just left me in there! Extremely unprofessional.   Answer Question