Afirm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Afirm Interview Questions

1.9

Insurance Loss Control Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairbanks, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Afirm (Fairbanks, AK) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted an aplication and US Reports was prompt in calling me a day later. The telephone screen was very uninformative. The HR person could not answer my questions re: availability of work, potential income, or possible workload. They wanted someone to travel great distances also, with the caveat that they had a service to set up your hotel for overnight stays. Not impressed I controlled the interview and they could not answer specific questions. I cut the interview short.

Premium Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Afirm (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was professional, they asked about my time constants and how many hours I could put in for the audits. They asked about my schooling and how I perceived my role in the company.

Premium Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Afirm (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

There was no formal interview. You apply online and if you have minimal auditing or accounting experience they will send you an email offer to be an independent contractor. Once approved, you accept the terms of the contract and you must have a company with an EIN setup along with an associated business bank account for your direct deposit. Then training begins which is self paced. Once complete you begin working in the field on your own.

Interview Questions

• previous experience when completing the application   1 Answer

Loss Prevention/Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Afirm.

Interview

Not sure what the company is really all about. Is their goal to hire people to provide services to the insurance industry, or is their goal to sell their training program?

Interview Questions

• There were no questions, just the request that I purchase their training program. Not sure if there was even a job to be had.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Afirm in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is limited to do you have a car, a camera and a computer. They don't care if you have experience, they want a warm body to go take pictures. If you answer yes to all three you have a job. They tell you they will train you but training is vague. You take a series of online courses and have a multiple choice test at the end of each course. If you answer a question incorrectly the test tells you the correct answer. You get three attempts to answer 70% of the questions correctly to pass. So naturally on the second test you write down the correct answer and on the third test you make 100%. That's how little they care if you're qualified.

Interview Questions

• Do you expect this to be a full time job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Afirm in March 2011.

Interview

Telephone Interview going over background of company and myself, types of software used and type they use. Training I had received and would receive. Background checks. They went over pay, when to submit for pay to be received, quality control expectations and ask about the radius of work you would cover

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the industry? Types of software used and what training and designations do you have   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Afirm (Loveland, CO) in March 2008.

Interview

A current employee suggested I apply for an open position at the Home Office. I submitted my resume and was granted an interview. I showed up in professional dress and met with the VP of Human Resources. After that successful interview, I met with my potential manager and had a discussion with him about my experience and long term goals. The process was relatively painless.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were standard questions... nothing unexpected or out of the norm.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate... the position and salary were clearly defined and I accepted.

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Afirm in March 2012.

Interview

Resume acceptance and review by the company. Pho0ne interview by their HR department, then backgroud checks, then I had to have a final interview where I had to write a letter describing why I would be better than the other candidates

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in insurance policy loss control?   Answer Question

Insurance Premium Auditor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Afirm in January 2011.

Interview

Very difficult to work with. Changing requirements including fronting costs of business supplies. They have created a shell partnership called GM2 (Group Management acronym) that you become a partner. They use this status to avoid employee and Independent Contractor status. Complex contracts are signed without any guarantees. Training is online and uncompensated. Electronic Audit Manuals were very difficult to use. Changed audit territory during the interview process without discussion of consideration.

Interview Questions

Unfavorable impression and unorthodox employment relationship.