Age of Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Age of Learning Interview Questions

Interviews at Age of Learning

2.6

Game Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Age of Learning.

Interview

Phone interview first, then the HR lady asked me to provide sample code via email, after that I was asked to do an in person interview. It was about 3 hours long.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Age of Learning (Glendale, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Their internal recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn for the Media Planner position. I had a call with her and then a second call with the Marketing VP and Director. I then had an on-site interview with the same people. Interview was very casual, everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. They asked me several questions about my work experience but also seemed very interested in whether I would "vibe" with the department. That seemed very important to them which I can appreciate. After the interview I was shown around the office and was told I'd hear back by end of the week.

Immediately after my on-site interview I sent a thank you email to the recruiter and at the end of the week I sent another follow up email - both were ignored. I never heard back from anyone at the company, not even to let me know that I wasn't a fit for the position. It is upsetting because I took time off from my current job to make it to the interview and for them to not even be able to take the 2 minutes to shoot off at least a rejection email after an in person interview is incredibly unprofessional. They say the way a company treats candidates is usually a direct reflection of how they treat their employees, so at the end of the day this is a bullet dodged.

Senior Software Engineer, C#/.NET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Age of Learning (Glendale, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

1. Phone screening, Advanced C# questions
    2. On-site interview, Advanced C# questions, white boarding and lots of gaming related questions.

Multiple interviews with multiple people. which mostly they ask the same questions over and over.

The recruiter mentioned that the gaming experience is not needed but at the interview they asked lots of gaming server related questions.
    I nailed all their C# questions but had no luck with gaming questions.

I had to wait for almost 30min for interviewer to show up. They have no respect for your time.
    It was a total waste of time for me.

Interview Questions

• ienumerable vs ienumerator?
      Singleton pros and cons?
      Factory pattern vs DI?
      Struct vs Class
      Interface
      What is dll and why to use it?
      What is generic method?
      What is IOC?
      What is Race conditions?
      What is deadlock in Thread?
      Generic method to convert array of class to array of another class.   Answer Question

Unity Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Age of Learning (Glendale, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

About 5 - 6 rounds of interviewers from various departments. Combination of software engineering questions, experience questions, and some general ice breaker questions. They asked many more questions in the phone interview which I nailed, but missed many basic questions in the in person interview

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to reverse a string   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Age of Learning.

Interview

I was invited for a phone screening after initial applications were sent in followed by another phone interview with 4 people which included members from marketing and developer side. They asked questions ranging from personality type to technical questions and then invited me out for an in-person interview. This process took about 1.5-2 weeks total.

They were 20 minutes late while the developer never showed up as promised seemingly due to being "too busy" for "a BIG deadline". Interviewer was in marketing asking away a barrage of questions in a very short period of time mostly focusing on personality and goals. After about 30-40 minutes of discussion, they left the room and mentioned returning after a few minutes with mentions of developers following more questions. About 5 minutes later, the technical recruiter walks in and apologizes since the developers were not available at this time. She said if you were to make it to the next stage they would Skype back for a technical instead.

Recruiter proceeded with a tour of the place and shortly after I left wondering why I was even brought in in the first place. The whole process felt unorganized, lacking in any ability to showcase technical aptitude and rushed. I felt like this was more for a marketing position rather than in software development. Next morning, I received an email stating they had sent out an offer to someone else and they would be closing out the position. I feel like I dodged a bullet with this place as I am realizing how badly they are lacking in technical talent given the poor recruitment process in place. When you mention working overtime on weekends, nights and you have over 600 people in your department there is something wrong -- start by testing your hiring process and see if you are getting right amount of productivity and not by choosing "favorite personalities" especially with tech.

Note: I received an offer with another company shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in software?   1 Answer

User Acquisition Manager, Display and Search Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Age of Learning (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone screening is great and talk with the recruiter is pleasant. After the initial phone screen, you have another phone screen with the VP. Very basic and seems like he is looking for free info on what you are doing and wanted a bunch of freebies. If you are not happy with the answers a candidate gives, why are you looking? The role has been open for about 2 months now and I saw over 200 applicants at one point. Lots of ways to produce results and one way should not be set in stone. Good luck working here and you're probably going to do all the work and get no credit for it.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Age of Learning (Glendale, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Like mentioned in other posts, the interview consisted mostly of conversations over the phone with team managers.

In the initial phone screens, they really look more for whether the candidate will be a cultural fit with the team with a few questions about the candidate's background and experiences.

Once invited to the on-site interview, it was more technical to see whether candidate knows basic JavaScript knowledge. The on-site interview was very pleasant to go through compared to other interviews in the past. The interviewers were very genuine and super nice and really wanted to know more about the candidate and never put pressure on the candidate for whatever reason.

The company is very mission driven and everyone at the company is onboard with the mission. The company really makes you feel at home even during the interview.

At the end of the interview, the candidate is given a tour of all the floors in the office.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental JavaScript questions needed to know for every interview.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Age of Learning in March 2019.

Interview

2 phone screenings, leading to long on-site interview with 4 groups. A lot of the questions seemed redundant, they asked about Unity, my employment length and experience. Just basic stuff. Didn't get selected but given that they never followed up for a month, the pay is very awful, and it seems to be a very toxic environment (funded by Scientology), I've never been happy to be rejected

IT Help Desk III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Age of Learning (Glendale, CA).

Interview

You perform phone interviews first and then if selected you come in for an in-person interview. You may meet with a panel of 2 to 4 people. It can take 2 hours depending on who you meet.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Age of Learning (Glendale, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

My contact at AOL is very sweet and caring. This is the second time I ended up connecting with her.

I met with three individuals at first. All three ladies were down to earth and lively. The second panel of interviewers was with someone who Age of Learning calls the brains behind their operations.

He was a down to earth straightforward individual that I liked. The other individual had a SVP title.

I noticed she wasn't to engaged during my interview. This person had a tenacity to answer emails on her cell phone during this time. Her personality seemed super strong the time this individual walked in for the interview.

There's a reason why recruiters have left AOL. After spending 2 hours onsite my gut is telling me the team is being ran by someone who really may not entrust them.

I withdrew from consideration as it has been a week 1/2 since I've heard anything from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with a difficult hiring manager.   Answer Question