Air Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was very impressed by the openness and transparency during the interview process. I first received a phone screen with an HR representative, who went over basic requirements for the position and discussed compensation at a high level. A few weeks later, I was called to an interview with the hiring manager; it was a panel-style interview with another engineer. What I liked the most was the laid-back style during the in-person interview. Instead of scripted questions, it focused on organic conversation, which really allowed both of us to determine if it was a good fit or not. Overall, I got a good vibe from the hiring manager and felt I was a good fit for the role.

I received an offer exactly at the salary requirements I requested, so there was no need to negotiate. That was very nice. Start date was very flexible and I got the general feeling they really went out of their way to work with me (I wanted to wait about a month so as to finish up a project in my current role).

One last point: there doesn't seem to be some 'black hole' between the offer and the start date like there is at some places. I have very explicit instructions moving forward to call HR a couple weeks before I start to set up my accounts and streamline the whole on-boarding process. I'm assuming the main reason is payroll. That was new to me, and very welcome.

My one critique is that it seemed a bit slow at times. Had I been actively applying places instead of passively looking, I probably wouldn't have been available by the time they called me back for the in-person interview. Especially with the labor market tightening, a good candidate with a STEM background will rarely last a month anymore.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

They want low cost candidates, being seasoned I went in knowing I was over-qualified and outside the range of pay. I was essentially used as a reference which is fine it happens. What is disturbing is that they wanted my presentation and plans, aka free consulting work. I was used as the bar based on my extensive experience.
    What is disturbing is that they have refused to reimburse me for my travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want this job based on my experience, since the processes are pretty well established. (This seemed odd since two managers on the panel were presenting different realities)   1 Answer
    • Would you interview with Air Products again?   1 Answer

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geismar, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Geismar, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

Make sure you know about the company's history and how they function. Be clear and concise about situations they ask you about. Also, make sure you bring all your required documents

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Carson, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick and very precise. The HR was helpful and quickly got me all the information I needed about the role and benefits. I was able to negotiate and strike a deal with the HR. I was explained the benefits in details after the interview over the phone by the HR

Interview Questions

• Mostly the questions were based on technical skills and check for my overall experience and knowledge in the field. The interviewers were friendly and were able to move forward very quickly.   1 Answer

Logistics Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Products in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by the HR guy in Allentown PA that my resume was received and they were interested in me coming in for an interview. Sounds great. Was told I would be contacted within 2 to 3 days to schedule an interview, never heard anything from them again. Called 4 times and left a message each time, 2 out of the 4 times the mailbox was full. Then got an email 4 weeks later that they were not interested anymore. It just goes to show how un professional the company is and glad I didn't go in. People like this give recruiters a bad wrap. Unprofessionalism goes a long way with me, could not be more thankful that I didn't get a call, just got a job with an amazing company that puts this company to shame.

Bulk Gas Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager the same day I sent my resume. Then I was scheduled for a face to face interview the following week.
    I didn't get an offer, but I received an email when the process was over, and they let me know why they didn't make me an offer. They also let me know about other opportunities within the company and how to apply to them.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very specific about my past experience.   1 Answer

Senior HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

1 Initial Phone Screen Interview, 2 Phone Interviews and 2 Face to Face Interviews
    It was very long interview process talking to people at 5 different times for one hour average.
    Determination was fast but talking to so many people was something I had never experienced before.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with unethical situation? Any examples?   Answer Question

CDP Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

I was selected after an evaluation from an internship with Air Products.

Invited to Allentown for a full in person interview. The process was long and last from 7:30am - 4:00pm. I was assessed by different interviewers on technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The standard behavioral questions. Technical questions about my internships. Technical questions over class materials. I am mechanical, so fluid dynamics and machine design.   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breinigsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Breinigsville, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then an on-campus interview with HR and then a panel of possibly coworkers. Basic questions for the field practices and overall competency in the area. This should be fairly straightforward for someone with the proper background in controls.

Interview Questions

• How do you test systems to ensure they function correctly before installation?   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on college career website. Met HR rep at career fair a couple days later and set up an interview. One phone call interview with on HR rep and one engineering manager. Lasted ~60 minutes. Easy questions! The interview probably won't take as long, but I just really connected with the interviewers! Got an offer the next day after interview!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate