Air Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2018

2.8

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Air Products (Pasadena, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied 8/2016. The whole process moved smoothly for me. After applying, I did a phone screening with HR within about a week. Following that I did a face to face interview. In the face to face interview I went through two panel interviews. The first panel was two management level individuals and the second panel was the HR manager and the Plant manager. The interview was pretty simple and straight forward. The goal of the hiring team is to get to know you and ask questions about your resume. I then advanced to the second interview/site tour. You are given a tour of the site by operations and a supervisor. This is to get to know you further and kind of see if you know your trade/field.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult co worker   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Interview

easy , quick , relaxed, not to hard and but on ease . simple question , and life situation. took less than a week from day applied and all go

Operator Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Porte, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (La Porte, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Was fairly quick, applied on a Friday, got a personal email from the HR person to set interview date the following Thursday. By personal I mean they didn't send me an automated email that makes you feel like there's 100,00,000 people to compete with. Had about a week (bouttta week ago, week ago lol) in between the email and interview. Interview was a panel type, two rooms with 3 staff members in each, pretty simple they just wanted to get know me and dissected my resume, don't put a bunch of bs on there that you can't talk about because they will ask. I felt really good about the interview, they called me back a week and a half later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Basically every thing on my resume they asked me to explain what it does or is..ex: what's a cooling towers purpose? What's lock out tag out for? What's a re boiler? First question was what do you know about air products? Do some research and come prepared   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really haggle with it I accepted the first offer of 16.00 per hour as an intern operator, under the assumption I would be offered full time when I graduate which is around 30.00 per hour

Analytical Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Products.

Interview

Got an on-site interview with air products. Give a technical presentation about my previous research and then met with HR and other potential co-worker. HR questions are regular. All technical questions were about my research experience. During the individual meeting, they asked a lot questions about team work skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very technical based, with few personal questions. They asked a lot about engineering principles (basic engineering principles). They also asked us to do a mini test that lasted about 60 minutes. The test was comparable to the type of test that may be given in a normal engineering class, depending on which major you were.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Products.

Interview

I met a rep through on-campus recruiting and was asked to interview the next day. The interview was with HR for 15 minutes then 15 minutes with IT manager. It was very relaxed. No technical questions, and very few behavioral. They take 80% of their IT people from Penn State.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Air Products (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview, like a conversation. It lasted thirty minutes and mostly consisted of going over my resume and discussing how my past experiences would lead to company profit. Particularly focused on summers.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Air Products (State College, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

3 Person Interview. One employee, one CDP (corporate development program) employee, HR rep. Very laid back, friendly. Simple behavioral and personal interview questions. All the questions were focused on the various tasks you would preform so give good examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were faced with a difficult decision.   1 Answer

Senior Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Whole day interview starting with 1 hour presentation. Then 5 one hour interviews ends with HR interview. One was lunch interview. Everyone asked about their own fields like, Statistics, Analytics, Chemical Engineering, Fractals, etc. Some were posing problems and asking how I will solve it. Some were more generic in terms of what I can do.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in my PhD research and what can I do for Air Products
      Chemical Engineering Modelling questions   1 Answer

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Very subjective as being an internal candidate. It was as if their minds had made up before the first question. Manager focused on weakness as if I were having a performance evaluation. A very cold and uncomfortable experience. I chalk it up to being a diverse slate candidate to meet the HR requirements so they could hire who they already selected. I was also told about the interview less than 48 hours before in an outlook invite from my manager. I was on travel the day before and had zero time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to change the culture?   1 Answer