Air Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.8

Bulk Gas Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Hiring Manager the same day I sent my resume. Then I was scheduled for a face to face interview the following week.
    I didn't get an offer, but I received an email when the process was over, and they let me know why they didn't make me an offer. They also let me know about other opportunities within the company and how to apply to them.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very specific about my past experience.   1 Answer

Senior HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

1 Initial Phone Screen Interview, 2 Phone Interviews and 2 Face to Face Interviews
    It was very long interview process talking to people at 5 different times for one hour average.
    Determination was fast but talking to so many people was something I had never experienced before.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with unethical situation? Any examples?   Answer Question

CDP Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

I was selected after an evaluation from an internship with Air Products.

Invited to Allentown for a full in person interview. The process was long and last from 7:30am - 4:00pm. I was assessed by different interviewers on technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The standard behavioral questions. Technical questions about my internships. Technical questions over class materials. I am mechanical, so fluid dynamics and machine design.   1 Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breinigsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Products (Breinigsville, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then an on-campus interview with HR and then a panel of possibly coworkers. Basic questions for the field practices and overall competency in the area. This should be fairly straightforward for someone with the proper background in controls.

Interview Questions

• How do you test systems to ensure they function correctly before installation?   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Products in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on college career website. Met HR rep at career fair a couple days later and set up an interview. One phone call interview with on HR rep and one engineering manager. Lasted ~60 minutes. Easy questions! The interview probably won't take as long, but I just really connected with the interviewers! Got an offer the next day after interview!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Air Products (Pasadena, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied 8/2016. The whole process moved smoothly for me. After applying, I did a phone screening with HR within about a week. Following that I did a face to face interview. In the face to face interview I went through two panel interviews. The first panel was two management level individuals and the second panel was the HR manager and the Plant manager. The interview was pretty simple and straight forward. The goal of the hiring team is to get to know you and ask questions about your resume. I then advanced to the second interview/site tour. You are given a tour of the site by operations and a supervisor. This is to get to know you further and kind of see if you know your trade/field.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult co worker   Answer Question

Senior Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Air Products (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Whole day interview starting with 1 hour presentation. Then 5 one hour interviews ends with HR interview. One was lunch interview. Everyone asked about their own fields like, Statistics, Analytics, Chemical Engineering, Fractals, etc. Some were posing problems and asking how I will solve it. Some were more generic in terms of what I can do.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in my PhD research and what can I do for Air Products
      Chemical Engineering Modelling questions
      1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Air Products.

Interview

For me, the interview process was very simple. 3 years ago, we set up to have a phone interview. The interview was very simple and then I got the job. As my first interview, this was nothing to stress about. The process could have changed in the past few years though because of the organization changes.

Interview Questions

• They asked simple questions about me and my resume (in which I had no experience).   Answer Question

CDP Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Air Products.

Interview

Intensive full day interview at headquarters in Allentown, PA. Had a few interviews in the morning, then had an individual test then a group test, then the afternoon held the rest of the interviews. The interview itself was just one day, then a few weeks later I got my offer

Interview Questions

• There was a test to display your working knowledge of basic engineering principles and skills. The interviewers observed our group discussion of the questions.   Answer Question

Facility Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osceola, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Air Products (Osceola, AR) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for two phone interviews. HR told me that they couldn't find an internal candidate and I was there number one pick of two external candidates, and was asked to fly in for an interview. I booked my trip and was ready to go. Before leaving on the trip, I saw that they had removed the job posting. We all know that they will only remove a posting if they eliminated the position or there has been an accepted offer. That said: I knew before I left for the trip that I wasn't going to get the position. Long story short, I was interviewed and went to the plant with the other candidate... Awkward. I quickly realized that the other candidate was internal and obviously already had the offer accepted with comments like "when I get here, the first thing I need to do......." complete waste of my time and theirs.

Interview Questions

• what is Air Products to you?   1 Answer