AirHelp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AirHelp

2.6

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AirHelp (New York, NY).

Interview

It was unprofessional and mess with taxes. (It employed people as an offshore business.) They were open about this. They also asked for a lot of materials to test work quality, with unreasonable deadlines and over the weekend, and they never even gave feedback after prom delivery. They just disappeared and became unreachable.

Interview Questions

• If I was okay to make "special arrangements" for taxes.   1 Answer

Data Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AirHelp (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Was asked to interview via Skype. We set up a time for 7am ET as they told me their recruiters operate out of Poland.

Logged onto Skype and never received a call. No contact requests, no calls, nothing.

Emailed the person I had been in contact with and they never responded. Extremely rude. This is a startup that doesn't have its crap in order.

Dec 28, 2016 – HR Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are always working on ways to improve and are currently in the process of implementing new procedures and tools related to candidate communication.

Content Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at AirHelp (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for a marketing role through AngelList, and set up a Skype screening interview with an HR rep about a month later. In between I shared a few portfolio projects I thought would be relevant based on our discussion. After my sending a couple follow-ups driving the process forward (HR did not provide any next steps) we were able to set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager, which was somewhat informal but informative.

Within a couple weeks after the 1-on-1 interview I was asked to provide a work sample - a blog post, 6 month content strategy, and an explanation of how this would be executed - a very detailed project for an interview process. I sent over my work about a week later, but have never heard back from them since; I waited a month to send a follow-up, and 3 months to send another note, so I don't think I was needlessly harassing them over email. Almost a year after I started this process I've never been notified about their decision, but seems safe to assume they moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

AirHelp Response

Dec 28, 2016 – HR Specialist

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AirHelp.

Interview

First HR interview followed up with interview Lead Analyst.

Actually, I have passed interviews and arrived to reference check & paperwork stage.
    I was applying for this position in Berlin, from a non-EU country. This information is written on my CV and I talked to HR about Blue Card process. Everything normal. They offer relocation assistance for this position and they have already relocated several non-EU citizens.

They have asked for my university diploma to make an initial check with the visa agency about my Blue Card application. And they told me that:
    1- My diploma is not recognised in Germany
    2- I don’t have relevant experience
    3- It’s impossible for me to get a Blue Card, even standard work permit is a ‘maybe’

I have explained them none of them is true (Since I wanted to move to Berlin deliberately, I did all my pre-work long before their offer.) . But they did not CARE.

Today I’m working at Berlin, doing a very similar job in another company. I have my Blue Card valid until 2024.
    And also, the university degree they think not recognised in Germany is a B.Sc. degree from Istanbul Technical University. ITU is one of the most prestigious universities and by far the best engineering school of Turkey. You need to score in the top 0.01% of university entrance exam just to get into this school.

I guess ‘Justice as a service’ is only for their paying customers :)

Interview Questions

• Questions about how the tackle challenges if digital marketing in such an unusual business model.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AirHelp (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

A clear brief was sent first by AirHelp.
    First Skype interview with HR and then Skype Interview with Digital. Then AirHelp emailed later saying another candidate was awarded the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you find it easy to relocate   1 Answer

Sep 20, 2019 – Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We wish you all the best in your future career.

International Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AirHelp (Berlin (Germany)) in August 2019.

Interview

I am very impressed with the recruitment process at Airhelp. The process went really fast and in a period of a week, I had 3 interviews and I was told that I got the job as a Marketing Intern.
    All the interviewers were very polite, professional and answered all the questions with pleasure and enthusiasm. All the questions were appropriate and aligned with the job description.
    My experience in the interviews was very positive and it made me feel very excited and motivated to start my new role.
    I strongly recommend the interview process in Airhelp and I especially like the fact of being informed of all the steps that formed part of the interview process and with whom I was going to speak with.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were related with my experience and competency questions were included. The level of the questions was appropriate and the type of questions were about the job description, my skills and achievements.   Answer Question

Sep 20, 2019 – Community Manager

Thank you for your review and welcome on board! We hope that you enjoy working with us as much as you enjoyed the recruitment process.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AirHelp (Berlin (Germany)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process for hiring creatives is unprofessional and terrible. While interviewing for this company, I underwent a series of four interviews in total, and two extremely extensive design trial projects. Each project asked way too much, in a very short amount of turn around time over with 12 hours worth of work on each, and asking to deliver multiple assets within a three day turn around. After this extensive amount of time, I was hired, and then dismissed very unprofessionally over email without a legitimate answer why. As someone who has worked with startups in the past, never have I experienced such an unprofessional and disorganized company. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• After my initial interview, I was reached out to muktiple times asking if I knew additional skill sets they wanted for the role. Each skill was not included the original credentials they asked for, nor had much to do with the position I would be hired for.   Answer Question

Sep 2, 2019 – Community Manager

We're sorry to read that you had a poor experience, and your feedback has been heard. Our recruitment managers are always open to hearing what could have been better and we welcome any feedback you may have at employee-feedback@airhelp.com.

Social Media Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AirHelp (Berlin (Germany)) in April 2019.

Interview

I've loved the Skype interview, was very professional. To tell you the truth, was one of my favourite interviews. I also liked the recruiter and her friendly & professional attitude. It took few weeks (3-4), the answer came later than I expected, but it was positive.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst experience with a client and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AirHelp.

Interview

After an initial phone screener explaining the role and the team structure, applicants were asked to write a blog post and justify their reasoning behind what topic they chose and how they approached it.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gdańsk (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AirHelp (Gdańsk (Poland)) in November 2017.

Interview

Calm and normal conversation they made me fill extremely comfortable. They asked me about my life. Then we started to have a conversation about the company and my responsibilities and also they informed me about the benefits. They asked me to write a few sentences as an answer for mail to check my skills.

Interview Questions

• One of their questions was about my strengths.   1 Answer