Airgas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Independence, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed in late 2017. Started with a phone interview that took about 30 mins. It is your pretty run of the mill phone interview, very general questions about my background and then some more specific questions related to the job. About two weeks later had an in person interview met with the director and 4 supervisors separately, they asked a lot more about my background and made a point to be open and honest about the nature of the job. They were all very friendly and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. The inperson interview took about 3 hours but it wasn’t too grueling, the conversation was fairly informal.

After that I didn’t hear anything for several weeks, and was eventually called in to a second in person interview. This one was real short and very informal, they said they just wanted to touch base with me again and see if I was still interested. They didn’t ask any questions it was more of an informal conversation. I received a job offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you had to multitask effectively at work.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airgas in May 2017.

Interview

Short and personable, very laid back environment. One on One with little pressure. Did not ask very many job related questions though. More interested in personality. Was open about the company and benefits. Seems to have a good management structure.

Lead Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Jackson, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

it was very tough they really ask a lot of questions concerning employment with others and how you worked out they ask about tenure and why you left will try and hire you as temp at first but will hire you later on down the line if you work out management travels from out of town to interview you

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Elk Grove Village, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was very simple, a phone screening with HR and then a meet and greet with Plant manager and lab manager. The interview was followed up with a tour of the facility and a breakdown of the lab and the duties of the lab. They expressed a lot of growth within the company and the numerous facilities throughout the U.S. Showed lots of opportunities to grow in career fields.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas.

Interview

There was a phone interview first to screen whether or not they want you to move onto an onsite interview. I got an email within the same week of my phone interview that they wanted me to come in for an onsite interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Long Beach, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The process was fairly easy though a bit lengthy. After the initial contact from one of the company's recruiters, I scheduled a phone interview, followed by an Excel assessment, which was not too difficult. I successfully passed on got the in-person interview with the supervisor, manager, and controller respectively over a week long period. The questions they sent my way were not difficult to answer and it was a straight-forward process, no run-arounds or corporate-speak. I eventually received an offer but still had to submit to a drug test and background check before finally coming on-board. Lengthy? Yes. Difficult? Not at all.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too crazy. I guess the most unexpected would be "tell me a time you've had conflict with a colleague." Not an overly difficult question and probably not even a guarantee it'll be asked. Just go in prepared.   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Independence, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by in two older women in Independence OH. I had more then enough experience for the job (11 years) and also have a college degree, the questions were very basic. The interview started off very well with lots of smiles and laughs.
       Then it got wierd! If you want to get this job do NOT bring up personal information!!! I let them know that part of the reason I wanted this job was for my growing family. With this statement the interview quickly turned badly and I was later turned down for the job. I dont know what these women have against being a family man but they clearly appeared scorn. I know it seems strange but its the only explanation I can think of. Good luck and I hope this helps any potential employees.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sac City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Airgas (Sac City, IA) in January 2010.

Interview

The interveiw was short got hired on spot thank god.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Airgas (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very professional. The smoothest hiring process I've ever been through, phone screen followed by in person interview. Everyone was nice and honest which I appreciated. I was kept in the loop the entire process.

Interview Questions

Interview

Long. Many calls. Finally brought into office and they were so disorganized. They made fun of everything. Very rude. One mgr left room after laughing so loud. They are very opinionated on sports. They only like people that like their teams. If you don't like football, you will not fit in.

Interview Questions

• How do you increase revenue?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Columbia, TN).

Interview

After apply I was Contacted via phone two weeks later to setup face-face. I actually met with the branch manager and district manager that day. Interview was very informal and received a tour of the branch after the interview.

Interview Questions

• First three questions was from the district manager...
      1. How old are you!?!?!?
      2. Are you married!?!?!?
      3. Do you have kids!?!?!

....Unbelievable!!!!

Seeing how I didn't get a call I should be suing for discrimination....   Answer Question