Aker Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.9

Cordinatoro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online received a call from the recruiter who asked basic questions per my resume. I then received a call to interview at the company with the manager of the department and one other individual. They asked many questions which were mostly based on skills and how I felt in different situations

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview

2 interviewers on 1st interview all focussed on technical, and general engineering skills. Then 1:1 on 2nd interview with technical manager for assignment and salary discussion and then have been offered right away. Went to health screening after two weeks from 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• What difference between subsea and topside.   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

Asked lots of troubleshooting questions.......they are the best of the best. When it comes to troubleshooting. Once on job they expect you to already know their product lines.....lol ,....... not much on job training. you have to really be a expert.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will try to low ball you some....you have to do research...... and know industry standards...... they actually pay the best...... however they expect you to be and ace technician

Supplier Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

I was recruited from my LinkedIn profile by a recruiter, couple of phone screens, job looked promising, esp. as it paid more than 20k more than my current job. After phone interview with the hiring manager, radio silence for over 2 weeks before finally getting a rejection e-mail. Which I replied to with "thanks for the timely e-mail; Having not heard from you for over 2 weeks, I assumed I did not get the job". Communication could have been a lot better. But, I didn't apply, I was recruited. so whatever....

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

The company interview process included a phone interview, a full college day where all college applicants were given a presentation and choice of which department to interview in, a first interview with the department of choice, an IQ test, and a second interview with a specific group in the department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Auburn, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. It was one-on-one with the engineering manager. Mostly behavioral questions. Some questions about completed coursework and previous work experience. Not many technical questions. I was asked about what I knew about Aker Solutions work. Another one of the engineering managers also conducts interviews so it's possible that your interview could be two-on-one or that the questions could vary.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview with the Manager onsite. He had a scripted interview question packet. It was very formal. He asked about past work experience and I had to give some examples to show how those experiences related to quality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not negotiate on anything. The only thing I did not like about the process.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview conducted in a conference room with two supervising managers. I sat on one side of the table and they sat on the other. I was asked basic engineering conceptual questions as well as behavioral questions related to difficult employees and situational obstacles I've encountered.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with API standards?   1 Answer

Welding/Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone and email interactions with HR. Then a brief sit down with the hiring direct managers who went over my basic background and knowledge information, briefly described their expectations. HR followed up with more email and phone interactions. Offer packet arrived via email. Background and drug testing followed the offer return. The whole process took over a month from first contact to offer. Then another 2 weeks to get a start date which was a month later.

Interview Questions

• How did I think working in the oil industry would compare to working in the space industry?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Just apply through campus. Only two phone internviews. About 30mins. Only behavior question, tell me about your interest? What do you know about our company? which course did you take? The interviewer tell you what they do and discribe their typical job. In one or two weeks, you will recieve a call from hr and negotiate the offer and everything