- United States - All Cities
- - Alabama
- - Birmingham, AL Area
- - Anniston, AL Area
- - Enterprise, AL Area
- - Mobile, AL Area
- - Montgomery, AL Area
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
Interviews at Alabama Power
Interviews for Top Jobs at Alabama Power
- Intern (2)
- Internship (1)
- Customer Care Associate (1)
- Safety Specialist (1)
- Engineer III (1)
- Electrical Designer (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Accounting (1)
- Content Manager (1)
- Risk Management (1)
- Financial Specialist (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Operations (1)
- Security Officer (1)
- Power Plant Employee (1)
- Market Specialist (1)
- Distibution Systems Operator (1)
- Regional Maintenance Specialist (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Line Specialist Senior (1)
- Administrative (1)
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Most Difficult
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL)
A series of standard questions with some small talk on a panel. The small talk consisted of general claims work from my prior insurance background. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. Everyone was very nice and attentive.
- They asked about my prior risk and insurance experience
I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in Mar 2019
I applied for the position in November, and interviewed in March. When they called me, they set up my interview for a week later. In the interview, they asked me 6 questions. Two were job related, and the other were straight forward questions or behavioral questions. There was a panel of about 6 people in the interview. The interview took less than 15 minutes.
- Tell us about a time you witnessed a safety concern that did not affect you. How did you handle it?
- Why do you want the job?
- The job requires you to work 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts, as well as be available for call outs. Do you acknowledge that you were informed that this was a job requirement, and can you meet these requirements?
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power (United States)
The interview was about 20 minutes long and there were two persons on the call who asked be a lot of behavioral and situational questions, they were very friendly though.
- Why should they hire you
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Bucks, AL)
Interviewed by a board of personnel, made up of different people from a few departments. It's basically a round robin of people asking you questions on different scenarios and how you would handle the situation regarding safety. Overall I thought the questions were very easy and pretty basic. The environment was very relaxed and the whole interview lasted maybe 40 to 45 minutes.
- Standard interview questions, and had to give a 15 minute presentation on confined spaces.
I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in Dec 2017
Formal, group interview process -- a bit cold and impersonal. They were clearly just going through the motions and checking boxes. Not engaging , stuffy, and uninteresting.
- Very standard interview questions, as if it was from an HR 101 handbook
I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL)
The interview was panel-based and asked both job-related and personal questions. It was to the point, but at the same time conducted in a friendly manner. They were very understanding if you had to take a moment to gather your thoughts on a particularly difficult question.
- In the last week, describe your proudest and most embarrassing moment in the last week.
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in Jan 2017
The panel was pleasant and warm. Each asked me question. I felt welcome and comfortable during the interview. Total time of the interview had to have been between thirty to forty-five minutes.
- Tell me if a time you had conflict with a coworker and did you deal with the situation ?
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Selma, AL)
I applied online, was emailed about a week later to take an assessment. After I passed another week later was called in for an interview. All interviews here are panel interviews. The Manager of the office was present, a rep from HR and other managers from surrounding offices. So prepare to make eye contact with everyone in the room. Entire process took about a month.
- Tell me about a time you had to tell a customer something they did not want to hear.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in May 2016
I interviewed through a “meet and greet” which was more of a get to know you than an interview. It was casual and very relaxed, and they were very interested in my personality and how I would fit into the company.
- Tell us about your leadership experiences on campus?
I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in Jun 2015
They call you about a week ahead of time and set up a interview time. They will email you some information about the interview. It's important to read this thoroughly as it will tell you who the interviewers are, what to wear, and even one of the questions that will be asked.
- Describe your education and experience that make you a good candidate for the job.