Alameda County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alameda County Interview Questions

Interviews at Alameda County

2.7

Social Worker II Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Alameda County.

Interview

Take exam, post information such as job history, credentials etc. online. If successful in exam, be invited to an interview; If interview is a success, then be placed on waiting list.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers ask questions related to experience in performing job task.   Answer Question

Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alameda County (Oakland, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Sat down with two HR people and had a conversation. Told them about myself and my work history. They asked some softball behavioral questions. Nothing difficult. It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult job you've had?   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alameda County.

Interview

Its a 3 step process that includes a test, oral panel interview and a one-on-one with the department head of the department you are being hired. Can be long wait, but well worth it.

Interview Questions

• Standard line of questioning. Why do you ant to work for The County, and a lot of personal questions. They like to know about who they are employing and what kind of employee you will be when it comes to us working with the general public.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alameda County (Alameda, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I interview with the person I was going to replace and a manager who excused herself shortly after my introduction for an unexpected appointment. I was given a job description and felt comfortable with it.

Interview Questions

• describe a proactive situation you took that enhanced your work.   1 Answer
    • What attributes will you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alameda County.

Interview

They usually ask about 5 questions using STAR ( Situation,Task, Action, Result) method. This includes your background and anything else you'd like to share. They have the questions in from of you so you can read along and review for clarification.

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alameda County (Hayward, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

In my experience of applying to engineering jobs with cities or counties, it takes at least a month to hear back for the interview. This was exactly how long it took for me to hear back to schedule my first interview. Then a week after I completed the first interview, I get schedule for the second and final interview/examination. Both interviews took about 30-45 mins. in front of a panel of 3-4 engineers. First interview was in front of external engineers (those who did not work at the particular hiring division). Second interview was in front the supervisor of the hiring division, as well as two of his associates. They were part of the actual team you would be working with. The first part of the 2nd interview was 20 min writing portion.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your credentials that qualify you for this position?   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alameda County (Oakland, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

If you pass the minimum qualifications then you are invited to take the written exam. If you pass the written exam you are invited to a panel oral exam. This is like an interview, but you are scored on each of your answers and you are not allowed to ask questions of the raters. If you pass the oral exam you are placed onto a list and given a ranking. The departments with openings then have the option to do a more informal hiring interview to decide who they want to select off of the list.

Eligibility Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Alameda County (Oakland, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel of 3 people asking detailed and lengthy scenario questions. They spent the whole time taking notes on your responses and were very emotionless. I walked out thinking I completely failed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you felt you were not going to complete a task in time. What steps did you take to make sure it got completed? How do you think you handled it?   Answer Question

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alameda County (Oakland, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Written tests are simple English and Math. Standard questions at the interview. They hire more than 100 people in a year. As long as you pass the written test, you will have a great chance to be hired. The department has high turnover rates.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you are qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Eligibility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alameda County.

Interview

It took more than three month until I had a panel interview. People were nice and the interview process was very organized. It took 30 minutes for me to finish the interview.