Alaska Structures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.8

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Las Cruces, NM) in February 2017.

Interview

Gave me a skill test and mechanical aptitude test. When I got called to be interviewed there were three people in a panel. Two of whom were senior company engineers and one I assumed was the HR lady. Immediately, one of the senior engineers gave me a bad attitude and always kept interrupting me. When asked why I don't want to work in Mexico, I assumed he mentioned that because of my ethnicity. When I made a slight contrast to one of my statements, he berated me right in front of the panel.
    All in all, I kept my cool, continued with a fake smile and politely thanked them for having me. I do find it kind of odd that there were dogs running around the facility but that's just them I guess.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you write down your drivers license number on the application? What, you don't drive or what?!?!   1 Answer

Material Handeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Las Cruces, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

The employer walked me to the office, we sat and he asked me 3 questions. I answered them all honestly and he asked if i wanted the job right there and then. It was the shortest interview i have ever been to.

Interview Questions

• How would you consider your ability to follow directions?   1 Answer

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The VERY first thing you need to know is that if you answer a CraigsList job posting that describes a job at WeatherPort Shelter Systems, it's NOT WeatherPort that you are actually going to talk with. I didn't know that until they had me fill out a form that had "ALASKA STRUCTURES" on a really cheap looking photocopy of the form. That was the first red flag.

I did research online about WeatherPort Shelter Systems and it looked like a very classy organization, great product and I was anxious to find out more.

The interviewer asked some standard questions regarding my personality in an effort to find out how I would likely get along with people. I think I did okay. But the interview was short, as he stated it would be when I sat down. Then at the end he said the time for answers to detailed questions would be at a second interview, if there was to be one. But yet, he offers to answer any question I have or call him if necessary. Well, I could tell he wanted to move along and get this 15 minute interview out of the way. So, I ask for a 60 second description of the company and how things work in this Kirkland, WA office. He says, wow, that's better for another interview.

WHAT? Are you really that GREAT of a company that you have to save a company description about the how things work in your office for another time? Why don't you even fess up to the fact that you may be selling WeatherPort products, but nowhere could I see anything in this (rundown building) office that indicates you are really "Alaska Structures."

Very disingenuous interview. Misleading. Incomplete. Would not accept an offer with this place under ANY circumstances.

I told this guy to remove me from consideration, if he hadn't already because of his unwillingness to answer questions. This should tell you all you need to know about working at this pace.

Interview Questions

• Director, Socializer, Think, Relator are on a desert island. Which are you and who would you kick off the island if there could only be three of you?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

My friend referred me because he was no longer interested in the job, so I applied and got an interview within a couple days. When Karen called me to set up the interview and give me more information, she told me the address on Google Maps was wrong and gave me the correct address. However, this was actually the wrong address (it took me to some apartment complex), and the one on Google Maps was actually correct. So remember that if you're thinking of interviewing with them. Overall, the interview wasn't bad, it was only two people, and was fairly straightforward. I asked what kinds of tasks I'd be responsible for, and they weren't clear on that, which I found suspicious. They did say that they wanted me to contact them if I was still interested in the position after reading all the blogs about them. Which I didn't do after reading all the negative comments about them.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What would you put on your tombstone if you couldn't mention anything about family or family connections?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process started off normal but it didn't take long for me to validate all of the other things I've read online about this company. At my second interview two young children burst into the room, completely interrupting the one on one conversation that was taking place. Shortly after, another guy came into the room with no introduction and started grilling me. I had to ask what his name was after about 20 minutes went by and he still hadn't introduced himself. As the process went on, I transitioned into me asking them questions as I typically do in an interview. When I asked "What work/life balance do you provide to retain high performing employees?", their reply was "Zero. We don't believe in work/life balance. If your work isn't your life, you won't succeed. If you ask this question further along in the interview process, you'll be ripped to shreds." Can you say RED FLAG? There's many, many posts online validating that this is their expectation of employees; to work 70-100 hours per week, regardless of how much time it takes to be successful and achieve sales goals.

Long story short, this place is FULL of red flags. Although they called and emailed me for a 3rd interview, I opted out. I refuse to work somewhere that believes you should be a slave to your job. I fully understand hard work and long hours but there's a line to be drawn which they believe doesn't exists. I wouldn't waste your time interviewing there unless you're interested in having NO LIFE and being treated like dirt.

Interview Questions

• If you could remove one of these people from a deserted island, who would it be?|
      People: Socializer, Relator, Thinker, Delegator.
      1 Answer

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Kirkland, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Everything I read on here applies to my interview as well. Their biggest concern for them hiring someone was to make sure you are willing to do all things asked of you regardless what your actual job was. Example: cleaning up dog puke, taking dogs to groomer and wrapping presents. I almost fell for their act in portraying this job as the hardest job ever untill I asked why the last person left and was told the CEO asked her to order 500 goats to ship to Pakistan and she quit over it. This is clearly some sort of fabrication as others on this sight have reported the same story from years ago. They brag about a 99% turnover rate as if they are proud and the three people interviwing you are all playing on their laptops, dont introduce themselves and seem to be interviewing people just to get your reaction from the ludicrous stories they tell you. What successful, legitimate business promotes the following belief of CEO /owners philosophy. "The customer is always wrong" and do not build a relationship with your customer! This is Richards belief. This alone is enough for me to realize this is in no way a legitimate business being run out of the kirkland office and really question what is going on there. I would recommend going to tge interview just for the experience because I can guarantee you have not nor ever will experience this anywhere! Common sense will tell you to run, they dont offer positions to any one after interviewing they tell you to call them back if your still interested after reading all the blogs they proudly ask you to read. Someone should really look into investigating this truth on this company.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Structures.

Interview

The interview process was very unusual. It took place in a tent at the Puyallup Fair Grounds. It was a group interview with 3 other candidates. Every single person there was playing on their laptops including one of the interviewers. The owner, who never really identified himself, played a big part in the interview process, but he mostly just talked about his charity work. Rather than getting a call back saying that they liked me, they called and said if I was still interested to come back in. I never went back in.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alaska Structures (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Immature, unorganized, unrelated. Asked illegal, personal questions and quite frankly, some of the interviewers in a 15 person panel were hired actors.I was left to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes past my interview time then told I needed to adjust MY schedule IN THE INTERVIEW to fit theirs.

Interview Questions

• Would your current situation keep you from traveling or working late hours?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Structures.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. This would lead to a panel interview if approved by "the team." I did not receive an email back confirming the phone interview time.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   Answer Question
    • On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you rank your expertise in Facebook/Adobe InDesign/iMovie/etc/etc/etc?   Answer Question
    • What kind of car do you drive and your selection process for purchasing it?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about being a part of a company that markets globally?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Structures.

Interview

They brought me in for interview for like probably 4 times. The first time someone else was there, then the person disappeared because she didn't like the work culture there. They're rather direct and they'll tell you it's like monarchy there.

Interview Questions

• There are many behavior questions, which you can BS very easily if you want the job. Not hard to get the job if you are desperate.   2 Answers