Albertina Kerr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Albertina Kerr

1.8

Assistant Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

Already worked for the company, so it was an easier interview. Interviewed with my current program manager and assistant director. They were both very laid back and easy to talk to

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with co workers and management?   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with an HR professional on the phone the day after I applied and she gave me a very clear idea of what to expect. I met with her 2 business days after for 25 minutes, no one else was asked to interview me in addition.

Interview Questions

• I was really displeased by the questions.They were the seven most asked interview questions about time management and dealing with difficult people.
      There were no questions regarding my background or competencies.   1 Answer

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr (Salem, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is ABSOLUTELY un professional, managers with open floor positions all sit at a table and read 6 questions that have nothing to do with the job, asking about what would you do if you needed help, what would you do if you couldn't find something, and as long as you are moderately dressed and pleasant they will offer you a job on the spot regardless of the answers you give. ( you can completely make up your answers an no one would ever know the difference)

Interview Questions

• In your previous work experience when you had a conflict with another Co-Worker how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr (Salem, OR) in December 2018.

Interview

Filled out the application online. Got a call for a phone screening about a week later, where the HR rep asked me about my availability and if I had any experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. HR rep scheduled me for a Skype interview for a couple days later. During the Skype interview I was asked what position I was looking to fill and then answered some basic behavioral interview questions. I was offered the job on the spot and was sent some new hire paperwork a few minutes later. Overall the interview was very pleasant and I'm excited to start working in a position where I can make a positive difference in the lives of different individuals.

Interview Questions

• What was the funniest thing that happened to you in a previous job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to wait for something for a prolonged period. How did you handle the wait time?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you offended someone or hurt their feelings. What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr.

Interview

This was a three part interview. The first was over the phone for about 15 minutes. The second was a group interview with staff from the department. The third was a 1:1 with the department manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult issue you have ever had to deal with at a job?   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online with just my resume attached. I received a phone call asking basic screening questions about criminal and driving history. I was then invited to come into the center and sat with four ladies as they asked my questions from a piece of paper. My answers were scored immediately on the sheet where they were taking notes.

Interview Questions

• They gave scenario questions asking what you would do in different situations concerning health and safety of the residents.   Answer Question

The company offered me a swing shift position and I was not interested in working those hours.

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back within a day. Erin contacted me (she's the administrative assistant and works very hard but seems sort of fake in personality but sometimes sweet). I had an interview the the main director and she was kind of socially awkward and seemed more nervous than me. She had asked if I knew what the job entails (including violence, poop being thrown etc) and I said yes (due to reading the reviews online). I knew what I was in for, and was still willing. I got introduced to the unit, and a girl was acting out and eating paper. The interviewer was very cautious about me being there and closed the door as if she would attack me. I had thought in my head "She's just a child I am not scared of her". I got hired as an on-call, this process was very abrupt and fast the next day I was asked to come in immediately to sign papers. They were very strict about this, and it was hurry hurry hurry! Be careful and read through everything and know your rights. You basically sign a waiver saying you aren't guaranteed breaks or food breaks. You will be signing a lot of papers that will take you about an hour. Be expected to do a drug test instantly within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• You will be in contact with bodily fluids, how do you feel about that?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what the job entails (basically, what you are getting into)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr in July 2019.

Interview

It was smooth, the interviewer did most of the talking and it is a very casual interview. After the interview, we went to look around the campus and knowing more about the details of the job.

Interview Questions

• Share one past experience that how did you manage a crisis.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr.

Interview

The interview was short and conducted by the lead Psychiatric Technician, who seems like a pleasant guy. We went over my resume then discussed the nature of the job. Questions about my previous experience and how I would handle certain on the job situations were asked here and there throughout the interview. The interview concluded with a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations in the workplace, and do you think you could handle some of the situations that may arise on the job.   Answer Question

Psychiatric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Albertina Kerr (Gresham, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online. They contacted me by email right away. The interview was a joke. They basically asked if I could work the hours, if I was comfortable putting clients in holds, and one other generic question. They gave me a tour, took my picture and set up my schedule. Beware any place that hires that fast.