Alkermes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alkermes Interview Questions

Interviews at Alkermes

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alkermes.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a talk with the recruiter and on-site with four-five people. The questions were mainly about my previous experience and what I am looking for in my next position.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alkermes.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 5-7 person back to back interview. Time was from 830am-230pm. People seem nice, and you get a chance to meet the team you would be working with

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alkermes (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Quick interview process depending on team you are interviewing with. Some of the interviewers wanting to make sure you fit the culture at Alkermes and some to ask about your skills that the job requires.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Alkermes? How did you hear about Alkermes?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working in a compliance type environment?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals as you progress in your career?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alkermes (Weston, MA).

Interview

Applied on their website. Received a phone interview first then came in for a face to face. Went and had a 4 hour interview schedule - 30 minutes with 1 person and a group lunch. Then gave a presentation at the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Specific question towards background. Very simple questions.   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Biomodeling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alkermes (Waltham, MA) in July 2019.

Interview

I give this company's interview process a miserable, spiteful, hard-earned "F." They were dishonest and callous in their treatment of me, and the entire process was totally humiliating. I would never have applied for a position if I had known how outrageously these people would behave with me.

I interviewed for a high-ranking position as one of the technical staff in their oncology research division. It was a basically dream job, of doing mathematical modeling, solving equations, using big HPC resources, and eventually incorporating AI and machine learning methods to the modeling and treatment of cancer. I had five different phone interviews. It seemed like I was a sought-after candidate, as each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, but all of them went 45 minutes to over an hour. The final interview was with a member of senior leadership.

I received a request for an on-site interview. The emails had phrases such as "you are confirmed," and "interview confirmation" in them. The entire trip had been planned to come out to Waltham and interview with the team. A packed interview itinerary, ground transportation, air travel, and a hotel had all been booked. All of this information was in my inbox, and I was preparing to go.

Six days before the scheduled interview, one of the HR girls phoned me and coldly cancelled the job interview. I asked why, and she chuckled, saying the position had been filled with someone they had interviewed "last week." This was not the truth, as the job was reposted almost immediately on LinkedIn. Furthermore, I was told the week referred to as "last week" would have the entire modeling team traveling. No interviews were even being conducted that week.

The whole experience was extremely humiliating, and even writing this review makes me feel physically ill. I strongly discourage anyone from interviewing with Alkermes, as it is clear that their staff cannot be trusted to deal with candidates honestly, ethically, or fairly.

I would never have bothered wasting time on even a single phone interview had I known that they implicitly reserved the right to cancel a job interview right up-to-the-minute that it is to take place. I was especially angry, and felt it extremely cruel, that the HR girl laughed at me on the phone. I don't know why they thought I deserved to be treated that way. Lying about their motives didn't help.

I will never work for such people, and will never deal with Alkermes, or any of the people I interfaced with at that company, ever again in my professional life. I am sharing this awful experience a warning to those who think getting involved with these people is a good idea. The energies of talented people are better directed elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember the specifics of the questions. They were all related to my skills in mathematical modeling, how I approach problems generally, how I work at my job, how I prefer to work, what kinds of projects I have worked on in the past, what I might have done differently, and things of similar note. I had a multitude of questions for the five interviewers, which I think is what impressed them the most. They liked the kind of questions I was asking, the follow-ups, and I think they liked the enthusiasm I expressed for the position.   1 Answer

QC Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alkermes (Wilmington, OH) in June 2019.

Interview

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly. It seemed to move very quickly from initial call to on-site compared to other interviews. All interviewers said how much they liked the company culture and company benefits. Panel style with potential coworkers and one-on-one with management.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alkermes (Waltham, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

People I spoke with were great. Day long interviews - stayed overnight for travel purposes. Thought it went well. It's been well over 2 months now and no response from any representative at the company or any of those I personally interviewed with. I've also followed up with no response. If a person physically goes in for an in-person interview, there is no reason that a simple generic "thanks but no thanks" email could be sent to candidates. It certainly tarnishes the company's image for the future.

DSPV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alkermes in May 2019.

Interview

I had a 30-minute phone interview with an HR rep. I was asked standard behavioral questions. She started by describing the position a little bit. They never got back to me about getting the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect/want to get out of this internship?   Answer Question
    • What level of familiarity do you have with pharmacovigilance and drug safety?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alkermes in March 2019.

Interview

Straight forward and very casual. I like how the initial call was scheduled and the succeeding interview. It was very thorough and gave me the flexibility to take it anytime. I'm very happy as I needed to make quick decisions in my personal life.

Interview Questions

• What IT platforms I have experienced with   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alkermes (Waltham, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

HR screen, followed by phone interview with hiring manager, then 2 half-day on-site interviews meeting with members on the team ranging from junior staff to senior management. Also ran a background check. I enjoyed meeting the team and thought the interview process was typical for the industry. I did not receive an offer, which is fine, but would have appreciated better follow-up from HR. HR would tell me they would be contacting me "next week" several times and each time gave a reason for the delay. After a month of this I got the hint and realized they were just stringing me along. If you decide to go in another direction for someone who made it to the final round a polite email to let them know would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers? Why Alnylam? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question