Alkermes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alkermes

3.1

Sort:

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alkermes.

Interview

Very straightforward. Want to know why you want to work for the company and dont ask about annoying details. The company is very well run and knows that it will teach you the necessary skills if you are willing to learn.

Interview Questions

Alkermes Response

Jul 16, 2018 – Director, Corporate Branding

Thank you for interviewing with Alkermes.

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alkermes (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was well scheduled and organized. They even paid for my flight into town to interview for the position. I got to meet senior level management and learn a lot about the company's ethics and culture. They were very interested in my diverse background.

Interview Questions

Alkermes Response

Jul 30, 2018 – Director, Corporate Branding

Thank you for posting your review!

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alkermes (Waltham, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

lengthy and in-depth process that had many behavioral based questions. met with many people. Interview process last over a course of several weeks. Each person had a unique perspective on the role.

Interview Questions

Alkermes Response

Jul 16, 2018 – Director, Corporate Branding

Thank you for taking the time to interview at Alkermes. We hope that you are enjoying your new role.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alkermes (Waltham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very professional and thorough interviews but the recruiting process is also long and stretched out. Applied online was contacted via email by the HR recruiter. Initial screening type questions followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Was called for a face to face interview which lasted for half a day. Multiple back to back interviews with Senior Directors, Directors and VP.

Interview Questions

Alkermes Response

Sep 10, 2018 – Director, Corporate Branding

Welcome to Alkermes!

Safety Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alkermes.

Interview

We set up a time for the interview to take place via email which was convenient. I set aside 30min for the interview as the Email specified the interview lasted 10min. Which is fine I personally felt it had gone well and was told the information I shared would be given to the hiring manager. Overall I liked how everything was handled except after the fact. I was not selected to move forward in the process. It would have been nice to at least get an email that stated that they would no longer be pursuing my application. Other than that pleasant experience.

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alkermes in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a Scientist position, and received an email from HR a few days later asking to set up a time for a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview took approximately 30 minutes. It was mostly questions about my scientific background and checking to see if I had the experience necessary to be a good fit. No behavioral questions. Since I did not have experience with some specific instrumentation that the role required, I was not optimistic in the process proceeding any further. The hiring manager told me that she was going to discuss it with her manager immediately after the phone call. After two weeks of not hearing anything, I assumed I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a sample of a chemical reaction, how would you determine its constituents?   Answer Question

Scientist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alkermes.

Interview

It was a fully interview and it went smooth. They take care of everything, including my travelling and lodging..
    Several tough behavior questions were asked.
    Finally, they went over benefits. I was out by 4pm

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alkermes.

Interview

It was informal and done over the phone. The recruiter gave the interviewer my cell phone number and they called me at the scheduled time. I went through 2 interviews but ultimately they selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your background fitting into this role?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a situation where a stakeholder wants to a buy a new technology product but the other team does not?   1 Answer
    • How would you go about defusing a situation?   1 Answer

Jul 16, 2018 – Director, Corporate Branding

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Alkermes.

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alkermes (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by a live interview. The Area Business Manager and Regional Director interviewed me separately, no panels. I was also interviewed by the person who jad recently vacated the territory thanks to a promotion. The recruiter who contacted me about the job walked me through the process and gave me tips--this was extremely helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was my opinion about opioid replacement therapy?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alkermes (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Long and many interviewers over several days at several locations. This was a full 360 degree interview that included direct reports, peers, bosses, and internal customers. In all I believe I interviewed with nearly 20 people across two locations.

Interview Questions

• As a veteran, how do you manage people other than "ordering them around"?   1 Answer

Sep 11, 2018 – Director, Corporate Branding

Welcome to Alkermes! We are happy you accepted the position. Thank you for the feedback on the interview questions. We will be sure to provide this feedback to our HR department.