Allegheny Health Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2018

2.5

Pathologist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position in February and wasn't contacted for an interview until May. My interview was held at a different location from the one where I'd be working, but was a fairly standard set of interview questions. Finally, in June, I received an offer for almost $10,000 below my current salary and $16,500 below the "minimum salary" number I put on my application with AHN. The HR representative became hostile when I asked if she could improve the offer, explaining to me that "it's a very competitive offer" and that I should take it. I said I wouldn't be able to accept a salary cut and that I'd been upfront about that during my interview. She did promise to see what she could do then call me back the next day; that was five days ago and I've yet to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation in which someone of authority questioned a decision you made.   Answer Question

Simulation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was in-person with department manager and managing director of the simulation center. 30-40 minutes; included a review of job expectations and a tour of the center. The questions were focused on personality fit and background experience; they were interested in how a potential employee would fit with and add to the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter based on a previous position I had applied to at a different hospital in their system. She was calling to gauge interest in interviewing for the main hospital’s core and stat labs that had 2 full time positions open. I had a phone interview later that week that went through skills, education, professional goals and previous work history. She then sent her recommendation to the laboratory manager who contacted me and scheduled an interview. We met at the core lab down the street from the main hospital. The interview process lasted in total about 45 minutes where we discussed a lot of the same things as the phone interviewer had. The questions focused mainly on relationships with previous employers/coworkers, a gauge into personality compatibility, a history of how I had gotten to this point in my life and what motivates me in this line of work. The interview was half scripted and half conversational leading into a comfortable zone where it was just 2 professionals discussing common experiences. Afterward we toured the lab and said goodbye. I heard back from HR only 3-4 business days later with an offer. The process of job offer to start date was roughly about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• There were many “Tell me about a time when...” questions that gauged responses to stress, difficult coworkers, problem solving, likes and dislikes of previous positions and one focused on dealing with failure and it’s resolution.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

I was first contacted by Human Resources and had a phone interview. After I was set up for an in-person interview and tour of the unit. Overall is was a fairly easy interview and it was nice to have a small tour of the unit and be able to meet some of the staff

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation either with a patient, patient's family or co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager in person, then with Sr. Director of another department that works hand-in-hand, then with VP in person. Pretty informal with manager, but VP was a tough one.

Associate Abstractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual and they offered the job on site. They were more interested in personality rather than experience. The hiring manager said the wage was one thing and HR said it was another which was interesting. Overall positive interview

Executive Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network.

Interview

Filled out application through their website, was contacted via email a few days later to set up a short phone interview which I set up for a few days after they contacted me.
    The phone interview was quite short....to be honest it was the first interview whatsoever at all I'd had in a long time so I know I stumbled over what I wanted to say......but I'll also admit it was really just basic screening questions. Seemed to be most interested in my salary requirement....which is the reason I received a rejection email within 3 days. Oh well....their loss!!! I needed the practice anyways!

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

More about personality traits than actual experience. It was a panel interview with persons from the department ranging from would be peers to senior management. Most of the inquiries was geared towards what type of fit I would be in the department. The interview was about 1.5 hours and consisted of 2 different interviews. The first was with possible peers and the manager and the second the senior director of the department.

Interview Questions

• How can your experience improve the dynamic of the department you are applying for?   1 Answer

Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got to the office, and the receptionist had me wait in an empty conference room while she went to find the person who was supposed to be interviewing me. Turns out she had called off and, apparently, forgot about my interview, because she had not arranged for someone else to interview me or tried to contact me to reschedule. The receptionist assured me that she'd find someone who could interview me, but when she finally did, that person seemed unenthusiastic, even annoyed that she had to interview me.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network in January 2017.

Interview

This was for the initial HR phone screening, I was offered to do a face to face with the nurse manager on the unit. The phone interview took about 20 mins