Allegheny Health Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allegheny Health Network Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

Executive Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network.

Interview

Filled out application through their website, was contacted via email a few days later to set up a short phone interview which I set up for a few days after they contacted me.
    The phone interview was quite short....to be honest it was the first interview whatsoever at all I'd had in a long time so I know I stumbled over what I wanted to say......but I'll also admit it was really just basic screening questions. Seemed to be most interested in my salary requirement....which is the reason I received a rejection email within 3 days. Oh well....their loss!!! I needed the practice anyways!

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter by email, asking to schedule a phone screen which we did. The recruiter was friendly and helpful. We set up an interview time at the end of the screen call. I received a confirmation email, then a more detailed email with instructions/directions. I was met by the two hiring managers and spend about an hour and half discussing the position and my qualifications. I found them both to be well-spoken and engaged, and they described what was needed in detail. A very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or boss, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring process moved quickly and they were very responsive throughout. Never felt like I was in the dark at any moment and was always able to contact someone at AHN if I had any questions or issues.

Preservices Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy process. one phone interview and one personal interview. Called with offer within one week. Had to do background check. Then needed a physical as well as drug screening. This process took about three weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond in your career   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

i met with multiple managers and they all explained how they could and would use me. It was very comprehensive and it showed me what i was getting into, i liked that. They also were very easy to talk to and made me feel very relaxed, it almost didnt feel like an interview, but more like a conversation

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest weakness   1 Answer

IT Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The entire interview process was extremely pleasant and easy. It consisted of being contacted by HR after applying, doing a brief phone interview, setting up an in-person interview with a director and VP, then accepting the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about yourself and your background.   1 Answer

Administrative Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Then they called for phone screen, asked basic interview question. I didn't have meeting minutes experience they were required. all process took about 5 days after I applied online. They sent me email that i didn't get this offer right after phone screen. Interviewer was very nice.

Registered Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from recruiter about 10 days later. He asked questions about background and experience and explained the position and scheduling. He did asks a few questions like "Tell me why you became a nurse?" And "Tell me about a difficult patient you've had?" He then set me up with an interview two days later. Met with nurse manager for interview and she gave me background about hospital and position. Then gave me a tour of the floor. She said that they would be in touch. Recruiter called the next day to see how interview went and offer the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a patient?   Answer Question
    • Tell me some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw or knew of a nurse putting a patient in harms way?   Answer Question
    • If I called your last employer, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Business/IS Analyst - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was reached out to via phone rather randomly from a manager of an IT department roughly a week or so of applying for the position. He let me know that he received his resume, was looking to fill a position, and thought my resume was the perfect fit, which obviously made me pretty excited. I was on a long weekend vacation, so I could not discuss the position there, and we rescheduled for the next Monday to interview about the position.

As a preface, the position I applied for within this department was an entry-level position, consisting of minimal to moderate knowledge of SQL, advanced knowledge of excel, and Microsoft Office. Any data modeling experience was a bonus. I exceeded all of these significantly.

So I spoke with the manager of the department on that Monday, whom firstly was very distracted during the interview and largely seemed like a different person all together than previously. He evidently had a lot going on and forced the interview just to get it out of the way. The manager was speaking to people in the background while I was going through my experiences, and it was rather distracting because I didn't know if he was interrupting me to ask a question, or talking to someone in the background. But, at the time I just kept going with the process. The questions he asked towards the end of the interview about my technical background were absolutely absurd in comparison to some of the top consulting and IT firms I've interviewed with. For example, he was asking me (based on my resume experience) the exact updated model number of a program I used two years ago. Not something along the lines of what program or anything, but more so what version at that time was the most recently update of the program. Nothing about how I used the program, what I used it for, or what questions it helped solve for the project.

I figured that was just a exploratory question, but he asked that about every one of my technical experiences. At this point I figured he just evidently did not care about the interview, and was trying to grill me. I enjoy hard questions because it provokes thought, but these were ridiculous. I tried describing my experiences with said programs, however was cut off each time by him to again describe what version numbers I used. I guess this could be useful in some scenarios, but these were his only questions about my resume.

Finally he began asking if I had experience with programs that only a computer engineer or someone with a graduate degree in computer sciences would know. My resume evidently did not show these, as I applied to a position within the realm of my knowledge and skill set.

He then asked "what if I told you weren't technical enough for the position?", at which point I was pretty frustrated with a general waste of time. I then re-read the preferred requirements of the position from the job posting (I had pulled it up in front of me at this point) to him, and retorted with a similar question, asking him "why you would hire a corporate real estate developer to build a shed in your back yard?"(putting emphasis on the overkill for the requirements he listed in correspondence for the position). I then explained why my experiences and technical skills were far enough along to thrive in this position.

I assumed at this point I was eliminated from the position because I could not meet his outlandish technical experience for a pretty much entry level analyst role, consisting of using excel to gather data and write reports. This was overall the worst interviewing experience I have had, not because I couldn't answer the questions, but because the interviewer was overall just horrible. He was frustrated, seemed disgusted to have to interview someone, and worst of all was sidetracked. If this is a reflection of the company, I can't say for sure. However, this department did not seem to have its priorities straight at the time of the interview, considering the fact that he was the manager of the department and was so scatter brained. I've had hard interviews before that I was at least able to take positives away and appreciate my time for the interview, helping me develop more. This...this was just frankly a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that was of help to future interviewers...what version numbers my programs were, a lot of detail oriented things that seemed largely irrelevant.   1 Answer

Abstractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allegheny Health Network (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple and quick. There's an initial pre-screening phone interview then you get called back within a day or two to schedule a face to face interview. The face to face, at least for me, was the job offer and going over the basic information for the position.