Alliant Insurance Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services (Irvine, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I had applied online and was emailed my a recruiter. They set up the initial in-person interview. The first interview was with the main manager of that department and lasted about an hour. The second interview was with the next level down manager and lasted about two hours. The third interview was with the team/panel and lasted about one hour. The process took so long because they would wait about two weeks in between each interview to make a decision to proceed or not.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were mainly behavioral. One question that they asked twice was, "If your best friend described you, what would they say?"   Answer Question

I choose to decline the offer because I felt I wasn't a good fit with the management style there. It was said that the management style uses 'harsh critisism' and that they just 'put their heads down and work'. Also, during the group/panel interview of my potential 'team', all the people looked miserable. Also, the salary wasn't what I was expecting and they were not willing to negotiate even slightly.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in October 2010.

Interview

Just be honest. They conduct background checks and may hire you if you have a blemish of some kind and disclose it but not if you try to conceal it. Also, if you just want a paycheck this is not the right place. You need to love to work and take pride in what you do.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about you that would surprise us.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services (Newport Beach, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process takes a very long time and involves multiple people. First, you have to get past HR gatekeepers, then most likely you will you have a phone interview followed by an in person interview if selected to move past the initial step. Overall, from the time you submit your resume to the time you are made an offer of employment, it can take well over 6 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services (Orange, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

A casual group interview with 3 staff managers, 1 special interests/project manager and an operations manager. The questions were very standard. The panel was very friendly and personal. The interview was not intimidating.
    However, there were inappropriate questions regarding child care and commuting. I'm positive these questions were not asked of male applicants.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services (Newport Beach, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by three people: 2 staff mangers and senior operations manager. All three interviewers made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. They were very friendly. I liked the vibe I got from them.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Was afraid job wasn't a match. Recruiters couldn't provide complete job details of questions I posed. Had to go through with the interview and was exactly what I thought could have saved us all some time.

Interview Questions

• how are you with delegating work   1 Answer

Benefit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Got a follow up call, that was the 1st part of the interview. It was a screening. Some detailed questions. It was clear that this was an important call. I was out of the office, and this doen't matter to them. I was at a presentation doing what I do, consult.

- The call was clearly to determine if I had the ability to bring business to the agency, and I made it known that I can, and have in the past.

2nd was an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This was simple as the questions were very basic, and it was really up to me to demonstrate that I can do the job.

Interview Questions

• It was long. I had to pee.
      No difficult ?s. All questions were relevant to the position, the industry.   1 Answer

Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services.

Interview

It was not hard, they just wanted more of a personality fit. The people I interviewed were who I would actually work with. They really focused on being able to handle large workloads and constantly being redirected cannot be a problem. They talked about being about being able to have multiple bosses and people who expect work from you.

Interview Questions

• If I could deal with working with a difficult person   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I was invited into a small conference room to have a discussion-based interview. I was nervous at first but as soon as I sat down we all started a casual conversation and I immediately felt right at home.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alliant Insurance Services in November 2014.

Interview

I received an email requesting a date and time convenient for me to speak with the recruiter. I gave a date and time and at that specific date and time I received a call from the recruiter. She was very pleasant and informative as to the position and company. I was very please with the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were within my expertise and were not difficult.   Answer Question