Allied Telesis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Allied Telesis

2.4

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Telesis.

Interview

Phone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Telesis (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I found a post on my college website and applied for the job. I got a call from a person who said he was the manager. I was immediately called on-site the very same day for a interview. Interview consisted of four 1-1 interviews. Mostly C-program and data structures questions. 2 days after the interviews I got a call saying they want to extend a offer

Interview Questions

It was a ridiculously low offer. It was 50% of the average salary being offered for the same position. C'mon you don't offer peanuts just cos you are offering a job to a new grad. Company also seems shady, I just could not understand the team structure/number of people in the team even after trying to ask the interviewers about it repeatedly.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allied Telesis (San Jose, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

It was Just 10 minutes of phone interview.
    In 10 minutes nothing much can be asked.
    I was asked mostly full forms of protocols abbreviations written on the resume.
    Difference between Process and thread.
    Whats my current visa status.
    Then after a few days I got the call to join them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such, but among what was asked, I can say most difficult was difference between thread and process?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation as such, its just fixed amount

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allied Telesis (Chicago, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

easy, met with leadership and they hired me without a real job description in mind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fairly simple, slightly below where you want to be so they can negotiate up slightly.

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Telesis in May 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed and informal interview. Met with a couple different groups of people instead of a large panel of interviewers. The types of questions asked depended on which group was conducting the interview at that time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allied Telesis (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Wonderful experience with a great PR representative. She asked me the normal questions one would expect, but after pleasantries were exchanged, we were able to bond in a more personal, fun way.

Interview Questions

Interview

Observed a "Now Hiring" sign in the store, Submitted resume via email, received email response requesting interview, interviewed for less than 20 minutes and was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Telesis (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I met with two hiring managers and one co-worker during the interview process. The questions from the managers were relaxed and mostly not tech specific. The questions from the co-worker were more pointed and technical, but friendly and relaxed.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christchurch, Canterbury (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allied Telesis (Christchurch, Canterbury (New Zealand)) in August 2014.

Interview

Since it was an application for an internship it was much easier than it would be for an actual full time job I imagine. The interview was very informal and the main questions were about personality and things mentioned in the CV in your application. There was no formal technical test. They asked some questions about general knowledge of software engineering and programming and what you learnt at your university courses.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Telesis in August 2011.

Interview

Met with the Hiring Manager and COO followed by a series of half day interviews with the team.

Interview focused on behavorial questions and fundamentals of program management.

Very hard-working culture with a can-do attitude was a key theme through the process.

They are implementing a suite of applications from ERP to SFDC.