Allied Universal Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 492 of over 492 interviews

Employee Referral10%
1.8
HardAverageEasy

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

Very short, I know they are looking bad for people so the interview wasn’t really an interview. I was offered job but thinking on it as I got the feeling they are desperate.

Interview Questions
  • Why am I best suited for this job.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Allied Universal (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Interview was with the director of security. The interview consisted of questions like Tell me about yourself personally and professionally. Gets other jobs have you worked? Long term plans? It was short and after the interview I was told right away if I got the job and next steps.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself personally Tell me about yourself professionally What other jobs have your worked?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allied Universal (Orlando, FL) in Sep 2021

Interview

tl;dr Run and don't look back. Do not take a job with this company, in the state of Florida. I applied online and then received an email to come in on their hiring days (two). No appointment or anything, which wasn't a great sign as it could've been packed and I might make the trip across town to a regional office (about 40-45 minutes) for no reason if they don't get to me in the time window they presented, although I assume they left some time before the end of the day to get to the stragglers. I went in on the first day and, when I arrived, they gave me a small questionnaire to fill out in a small waiting room with about 6 other people crammed into it. It had some fairly standard info on it and also asked me to describe what I saw on my way in. I waited only for a few minutes, but the guy sitting across from me said he had been waiting three hours. They forgot about him. They called me up and tried to get me to take a job in a posting that I hadn't applied for. The guy interviewing me said he had the client's account for one month and it was clear he knew almost nothing about it. The pay was less than advertised. The whole time it was like talking to a used car salesman. He would say anything and make empty promises about the pay being raised ("soon" as they're "in negotiations" but "you know how it is") with the client, just to get me to sign on. I forget what specific question I asked, but he answered in a way that he thought I wanted to hear and when I dug deeper, he just shook his head and shrugged. I asked to speak with someone who could hire me for the job I had actually applied for and he acted like he was doing me a huge favor by giving me what I wanted: you know, the posting that was the entire reason I applied. The woman that came to speak with me was extremely reluctant to hire me. She said something like "I'll be honest with you, I do have one slot available at the end of the month." like it was some less than desirable position or the bottom of the barrel. Interviewing me and filling the position was a chore, for her. This was a woman in charge of multiple people and who I would be answering to, if I took the job. I think we're on red flag number four, if you're keeping track. So she offers me the job, simply because I'm alive and available for the times she needed (no further questioning), and while I'm filling out the second wave of information (SSN, DoB, background check, etc.) she gets a call from someone on her cellphone. It's a guard who's currently employed and he's having trouble accessing a building he's posted to. Apparently no one gave him the code to enter the building. She says she'll have his client's account manager call him, and then hangs up on him. She shouts over her cubicle at a fellow employee and tells him to call his officer. He claimed that it wasn't his account, and that it's not his responsibility, AND THEN SHE SAID "oh well, he'll be fine." AND THAT WAS THE END OF IT. She abandoned that guard to his fate. She's right, he's a grown man and can likely fend for himself, but still. No effort to find the actual account manager or anything. This is all right in front of me while I'm actively filling out a form to become just like this poor guard, left out in the Florida summer heat in his uniform. I finished the forms I was tasked with, then got out of there and drove home debating on if I need a job bad enough to deal with supervisors like these. I don't. I'll keep looking. For your own sanity, take a job anywhere else.

Interview Questions
  • Am I available for the times they require? (that's about it)
1 person found this interview helpful

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I wasn't really asked any questions about myself. All you need is your id, and the shift you want to work. Not hard at all.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Universal (Columbia, MD) in Sep 2021

Interview

Quick and easy, the video interviews are a low pressure for applicants. Fast responses to all actions required for employment. I would recommend to anyone trying to get into the security sector

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a customer or coworker. What was the issue and the outcome? What steps did you take.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Universal (Baltimore, MD) in Sep 2021

Interview

I got a phone/video interview Friday October 1st 2021 wish me luck!!! Be back Friday my friend told me I should apply so i did he been working for the company going on 2 years so 🤷 ill be back with updates!

Interview Questions
  • Why did I choose to work with the company

Allied Universal

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Universal in Sep 2021

Interview

Pretty easygoing and straight forward. Gave good descriptions of the job and what exactly would be involved with the position. Very general interview questions except for a few that dealt directly with security, so if not familiar with the industry it may be difficult to answer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

Streamlined and quick! Took a test to verify qualification and worked with a representative with the rest of the process! Standing by for more instructions to start the new job!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Universal (Miami, FL)

Interview

It’s was quick but very professional, an overall pleasant experience. And honestly don’t have any immediate critiques in regards to it, I would recommend applying and making the decision for yourself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

Very short and professional. Interviewer made me feel comfortable during the interview and asked about me personally and professionally. After the interview I was clear if companies expectations and policies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 492 Interviews