Cover image for Allied Universal

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Allied Universal Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 614 of over 614 interviews

1.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

Interview was easy and straight to the point. Asked about experience and why you wanted to work here. The whole process took about a month from 1st interview to onboarding

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

very easy. i went in and met with someone and they had me fill out documents. didn’t really ask me many questions tbh but i think it’s because there’s high turnover so they just want as many staff as possible

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Allied Universal (Arcadia, CA)

Interview

It was quick and easy. Mall was in need of employees. They asked if I had any experience I said no. But I did have customer service. They just cared about the guard card. Which I did have and not to worry about training they were going to help.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work holidays and weekends?
  • What does your availability look like?

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

Fairly easy process with straightforward questions. They test your customer service skills which security is primarily about besides observing and reporting. Drug tests are mandatory, along with dpsst training on the spot that is paid for.

Interview Questions
  • What are your experiences in customer services? How would you deal with a confrontational client/customer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal (New York, NY)

Interview

You don't have to work about a interview because the interviewer doesn't call like they are supposed to and just waste your time but maybe that is for the best and says a lot about the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allied Universal (San Jose, CA) in Nov 2022

Interview

Online interview scheduled days prior. Automated follow ups to confirm interview date which I accepted. Was given an email with a link to interview which never happened. Sent follow up email to interviewer with no response.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

Just be yourself, always remember the client is the most important person, remember all safety protocols, best way to describe yourself I’d say hard working , team work, compassion, and problem solving skills .

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe yourself ?

Allied Universal

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allied Universal in Oct 2022

Interview

Easy interview process background check is required before officially being hired on came during open interview people were nice and helpful for hired on spot started security guard license class the very next week

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Universal (Los Angeles, CA) in Oct 2022

Interview

I have applied to numerous jobs on the Allied Security website as an Army combat veteran and former military police officer in the last year. On one role, I made some headway, getting to the background check. Unfortunately, I was in the process of moving and did not have access to my data on overseas addresses while serving (it went back 10 years), so I had to withdraw. (Information on my Army service was in storage for a month). I tried a number of times and finally got a Zoom interview for the above referenced "event management/security guard" role. When I got on Zoom, the recruiter said 1) there was no actual job that I was on the call to interview for (I specifically asked for a requisition number to look up on the site) AND 2) her "higher ups" frequently send emails to people who have applied to past jobs, for her to interview. This was a classic "bait and switch" in which the email informed me there were actual event management jobs (which I actually HAD applied to in the past on the website). However, when I got on the Zoom call with the recruiter, she said she could not provide me with the requisition number to look up. In contradiction to that, she said I had to first apply before she would talk with me. That was a huge waste of my time. I also attended an Allied Security job fair, as a college graduate veteran of the Army, with actual past security management experience. That one was in northern California. The representatives at the job fair declined to interview me for guard roles ( I am a fit, female, veteran, former MP), stating that I was too professionally experienced for the roles they had at the job fair. I left my contact information, ostensibly for some other professional role, but never heard back further. This company will waste a combat, former MP veteran's valuable time and energy and appears to want to hire high school grads (no offense to anyone, just that they can pay them less), as a cheap, inexperienced solution to their clients' security needs. I will not be applying to any more jobs with them after this.

Interview Questions
  • I did not get to the point of substantive questions, because despite the email I received, citing event management security guard jobs, the recruiter told me that there was no actual job with any requisition number. Yet, she said I first had to apply on the website. It appeared to be a "bait and switch."

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

They don’t interview you for the job you applied to. Drove over 10 miles just to be offered a job that pays almost $10 less than the job I applied for

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Allied Universal

Application

I interviewed at Allied Universal

Interview

Interviewed with Director, Sr. Director, and Sr. VP on two separate days. Everyone was very friendly and informed me what would be expected from the role. Everyone answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 614 Interviews

Allied Universal Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Allied Universal as 61.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 1.86 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Security Professional and Unarmed Security Officer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Security Officer and Security Guard roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Allied Universal takes an average of 12 days when considering 637 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Security Professional had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Unarmed Security Officer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 12 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Allied Universal according to 637 Glassdoor interviews include:

Drug Test: 23.39%