Allison Transmission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Very Easy to talk too and understanding of what was expected of the position and what I expected from a career. Would not have left if there was advancement options.

Production Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

Interview

The interview Flys by fast. The 3 interviewers are very professional and knowledgeable. They start off by letting you know about themselves and the department. After that they ask you to tell them a little bit about yourself. They ask basic interview questions. Finally, they ask if you have any questions.

Human Resources Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I went through a series of 3 in-person interviews in one day at their Indianapolis location. Each interview was around 30 minutes, each with a current employee in the HR department. The interviewers were all personable and made the interview comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the HR intern position this summer?   Answer Question

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allison Transmission.

Interview

Avoid working here. Salaries low, benefits going Lower.this place is only going one way downhill the upper management is raking large profits and bearing this company over time. There's no way I go to work for them

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allison Transmission.

Interview

interviewers were not prepared and talked over each other the entire time I interviewed. I was not shown around like I had hoped. parking lot was torn up and there was nowhere to park.

Finance Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Speedway, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allison Transmission (Speedway, IN).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions and questions based on experience. I would say that the interview process is very similar to most corporate jobs. You will sit down with numerous people for a 2 hour process of questions and casual conversation. Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty easy if you are an honest person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Journeyman/Skilled Trades Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Invited to Orientation/Interview- along with 200 others. Took SIMPLE, EASY 8th--grade High School-Level test. Told TWICE, that I would be called for a second interview(since I knew I scored near 100%). Myself, and 8 others, were NEVER called, but were instead sent a general e-mail saying "we didn't possess the required skills for the job"--a Journeyman's Certificate isn't enough for a Journeyman's job? An ENTRY-LEVEL JOB?? They lie to you, and don't even have the common courtesy to return your phone calls!! Also, they have ELIMINATED PENSIONS for everyone! I would NEVER recommend anyone work for such childish liars!

Interview Questions

• #1: HOW OLD ARE YOU?? REALLY?? THEY ACTUALLY ASKED ME HOW OLD I WAS!! THEN TOLD US NOT TO PUT OUR BIRTH DATE DOWN ON THE APPLICATION, AFTER WE ALREADY HAD!! (HALF OF US WERE AT LEAST 50 YRS. OLD). I GUARANTEE: THEY ONLY INTERVIEWED US IN ORDER TO SEE IN PERSON, HOW OLD WE WERE, SINCE IT IS ILLEGAL TO ASK THIS QUESTION.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allison Transmission in February 2014.

Interview

One single person-to-person interview with Human Resources Representative on college campus. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was formatted with these same specific questions for each candidate. She wrote down notes during the duration of my talking.

Questions:
    How did you hear about Allison?
    What can you bring to Allison?
    Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you did afterward.

The supplied questions each branched into more questions after I had begun speaking about them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what you did afterward.   Answer Question

Data Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allison Transmission (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

Sat down with three of the employees from the department. Roughly an hour long interview detailing past experience. No funny questions or brain-teasers. Frankly, most of the people in the room didn't seem like they were experienced interviewers, but the department I was applying into is a small, closely-knit department.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with software that handles the operations of physical components.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiting company handled the negotiations, and they got me more than I was asking for. So, you could say I was happy about it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allison Transmission (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

One on-campus interivew in a day or two after the career fair. They schedule it with you immediately during the career fair. Interview was about 45 minutes long with an HR representative. It consisted of typical behavioral questions. HR staff is always very welcoming and friendly and not intimidating at all!

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and why? How can you overcome it?
      Describe a time when someone else got blamed for your mistake and how you handled it?
      They sometimes ask specific questions about your campus activities or previous work history as well.
      Answer Question