Aloft Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aloft Hotels (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

it was an easy interview process, phone interview followed by in-person with the hiring manager and the VP of Information Technology. I was then given a tour of the facility. In all, I would say the interview process was very seemless. the recruiter had set expectations for the of process

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical in nature with some behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aloft Hotels (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Amiable interview with General Manager who was relaxed and friendly. Detailed job description which did not fully match all actual responsibilities. Asked about HR (interviewing, hiring, background check), Accounting and Food and Beverage experience as AGM would be responsible to handle all of these roles. Odd to have a person who reported to you sit in on the interview.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aloft Hotels in August 2014.

Interview

They had me fill out a Job Application & I also gave them my resume. They asked about what I knew about the aloft brand/Starwood. I told them what I knew and they really explained the aloft brand to me. They also asked me about one of my positions that was listed on the resume. They then asked me about my availability (how many hours I was looking to work a week/weekends or weekdays). Then they said they would be in touch once the background check went through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate it's $10/hr starting

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aloft Hotels (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Probably one of the most easiest interviews ever. The front desk manager at that time (Charmain) is a really good judge of character ensuring whom that she hires has chemistry to easily sync with everyone.

Interview Questions

• You'll get your standard question like any other interview. What made you want to work here etc. So there's really isn't any complex questions you'll have to look out for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aloft Hotels (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call after putting in my application. Had a one on one interview in the hotel lobby while others waited to be interviewed also. Received positive feedback and then came back in for a second interview which was exactly the same, sitting in the hotel lobby and answering the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you fit this job?
      Name a time when you felt accomplished with your customer service?
      Name a time when you felt you didn't do enough when it came to pleasing the guest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aloft Hotels (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. You will first meet with the AGM. The AGM would ask situational questions and personality questions, then if you pass you will meet with the GM. The GM meeting is more or less of a introductory meeting.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you hear a coworker gossiping?   Answer Question
    • If you could live in any time period, which would it be, and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aloft Hotels (Chesapeake, VA) in August 2018.

Interview

I did not like the experience I had before the interview. I asked for the manager and the employee told me she’d come around eventually, but then some lady in a different uniform went behind the desk and I was trying to figure out if she was the one interviewing me and she was. She was talking to the other employees and looked at me twice before she even told me she’d be right with me. She turned out to be really cool and she asked me general interview questions. I think she asked more questions but that’s all I can think of right now. I’m still waiting for a response and I was told I would know in 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aloft Hotels (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed.com. Then I called the hotel to make sure they received my application. I later went to the property to introduce myself and meet with the manager. We were able to sit down, talk, and begin the interview. It lasted about 15 minutes, then another supervisor came to interview me as well. Afterwards, they gave me a background check and a drug test, and was later extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Is this your first time being in hospitality   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Interview

The interview was generic and I was more prepared than the interviewers. They asked the basic questions on a general questionnaire interview sample listing. The interview lasted no longer than 20 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aloft Hotels (Long Island City, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Weird since it was in the owners other office, had to walk through this weird gate and past a bunch of people in cubicles. Brief interview with GM, Operations and Sales manager. Reviewed past positions, asked about previous hotel experience and experience working in a Starwood larger brand.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the hotel?   1 Answer