Alonti Catering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

1.8

Food Prep/Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alonti Catering (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

your only asked about recent or current jobs. Manager lied about a lot especially pay. Seemed nice until you work with him. He is a habitual liar and only hires temps.

Interview Questions

• Do you have valid insurance and are you able to come in as early as two in the morning and leave as late as 6pm?   1 Answer

Kitchen Prep and Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alonti Catering (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online after seeing an ad on Craigslist, I sent in my resume and my California Food Handler's Certificate. I received an email the next day asking me to call and to set up an interview. I interviewed the next day. I met with the manager in the kitchen, he asked basic questions about my experience in restaurants, he asked if i was able to lift 30-40 pounds and was able to walk up and down stairs and if I had a car, a valid license and insurance.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had a valid drivers license and insurance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, he asked me some questions I answered them, then he asked "Is this is something I'd like to do?" I said," yes", he said "Great, then I'll get you started with the paperwork." When I was hired I thought the delivery driver position paid $11/hour plus tips. When I got my check I was getting $10/hour. I did mention it to my manager, i got no response. ???? I was however hired by a manager that is no longer with the company.

Catering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alonti Catering (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had seen my resume on a popular job for a interview. I was told by her that i would be interviewing for a position in my immediate area. When i got to the interview i found out that wasnt the truth. I thought i had a great interview but i never heard back from them after i called her to tell her about the interview. Even after a call to her to ask for feedback. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• questions about sales techniques   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alonti Catering (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

It was quick and brief. Very laid back. I felt like I was talking more to a friend then a potential boss. I did have a friend that worked there so that might be slot of the reason why

CSM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alonti Catering in December 2012.

Interview

1 interview in Texas same day, training torturous as back and forth to Texas over 4 to 5 weeks with no manual no testing to no realistic guidance, misleading regarding bonus structure, told no upward mobility potential, no information regarding growth potential

Interview Questions

• no real interview questions, mostly about interviewer and some company info   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation ability, take what they offer and make the best out of it, the job is totally doable and you can gain the experience you need to go out and work with a much better/stronger/ethical company

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alonti Catering (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The company found my information on a job search website and contacted me concerning a position that they felt my job experience was the right fit for. The first interview was at one of their restaurants in downtown Houston with the District Manager. He was very professional and very excited about the company that he represented. That was a big plus for me to see. He was very detailed in his questions and he asked me to solve many tricky scenarios that a manager would potential have to deal with. The interview lasted a little over an hour. I then had a follow up interview with the owner of the company. He is one of the sharpest people I have ever interviewed with. The district manager was also present. Let me add that he too was very on point with his interviewing skills. The second interview last about an hour and it basically was a time they used to get a snapshot of my personality and understanding of the industry. I left that interview speechless and not sure what to expect. I felt like I had just left a room with the industries finest. After I had passed the second interview I was sent an email link with 2 assessments. One was based on personality and one was math and language. They were definitely not the easiest assessments I have done for an employer. Next was a criminal and financial background check. The last step was to visit a restaurant during operating hours from 6am - 11am. It was a very insightful visit as to what the culture of the company was. At the end of this observation period the district manager sat with me and made me an offer that I could not refuse. I am very excited about what the future holds with Alonti!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do to win a potential customer over for life. What are the 3 critical components.   Answer Question
    • What are the 6 most important controllers of food cost management?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alonti Catering (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

It was fast, I was asked a few questions and got the job on the spot. The manager was very respectful and pleasant. I started the next day right away.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alonti Catering (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

the manager is a real douchebag. he looked at my resume and saw i had no experience. then he said he wouldnt hire me just because of that. he never asked any real questions or cared about anything i said.