Altaquip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

1.8

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altaquip (Harrison, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online in first part of June and was called by the Accountant about three weeks later. We spoke for a couple of minutes and she informed me that the position was full time but seasonal (5-6 months a year). She asked me if I wanted to proceed and so we scheduled my interview. Went in several days later and met with the Accountant and a gentleman who worked there who was doing the actual interview. He asked me a few questions regarding my work history and nothing about my experience. Then he proceeded to inform me that the job was actually about 20 hours a week with 40 hours when they got busy. So about 4 hours a day. I had wondered why he asked if the location was too far for me to drive. Since the interview I have called to follow-up with the Accountant regarding the position and have since the ad reposted twice. Not a good sign from where I sit and to think that Warren Buffett himself is the CEO of this company.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware that this job is only part time seasonal (only 20 hours/wk)?   1 Answer

Administrative Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altaquip (Pennsauken, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Got called AND emailed to come in for interview. Met with regional, service center and assistant manager. All three very polite, and professional. Was told completely different hours than was expected of me to work. Took about 9 days to be emailed job offer. Than submitted drug test and filled out multiple online forms for background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when I felt stressed out, and how did I overcome it.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altaquip (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Simply because I had knowledge of Sears Holdings Corporation, I was "the right fit for the job". I didn't have a proper interview whatsoever. I wasn't asked any questions pertaining to my previous work experience.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altaquip.

Interview

Easy job to apply. Company is main stream entry level positions. If you have minimal knowledge of Work,Excel and internet options, then its becomes basic experience. Learn the 10 key pad. Most part numbers are number based so 10 keying is important for speed necessity.

All questions asked are pretty common interview questions. Always be honest, but most questions you can easily stretch the truth if needed.

You will have to submit to a background and criminal check. And the company is slow on getting the results back and working through the hiring process, so if takes longer than a few days, keep in touch. It can take 2 weeks before the criminal check comes back.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to 10 key? Like I said, know what a ten key is and how to do it. You won't be asked for a demonstration, but this is the most important part of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Starting pay, with a performance pay after 90 days, with the opportunity for benefits also.

Entry Level Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altaquip (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Typical quick interview. Asked general questions about work history and employment gaps. Asked several questions about repair to get a handle on what experience I had in repair. Described a typical work day and a tour of the shop was given. Inquired about different types of tools and their uses.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to replace a transmission in a push mower or riding mower?   1 Answer

Service Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altaquip (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

really odd interview,did application,0n line then receiver phone call short interview wet to work next monday

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected I think they were hiring from desperation   Answer Question