Alterna Savings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alterna Savings Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

3.2

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alterna Savings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through referral. Got an assessment after a week. Scheduled for phone interview after 4 days. Asked about the background experience and some behavioural questions. After a week got a call for an in person interview. Asked General questions. Same sales mentality but preparation before interview is good. After a week got a call for one more in person interview. Asked 3 questions from Resume. Later asked for reference check.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alterna Savings (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Longer process than normal but they were filling several roles at once. Also there was a fit to role test and background and bonding. These added time to the process. Interview with HR and then the person who would be my direct Supervisor. This process was spread over a month but they were quite efficient in keeping me informed of where I stood.

Interview Questions

• Did I understand the Credit Union view vs. one of the Big Banks   1 Answer

Personal Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alterna Savings (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 step interview process.
    1) Phone Interview: Basic Behavioral questions, similar to any retail bank entry position
    2) In Branch Interview: Run down of resume, ask about how you would create sales, ask about Alterna products

Interview Questions

• 1) What is your 2-3 year plan?
      2) If given the role, how would you be successful.
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alterna Savings (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Great open ended questions - ones one would expect, no surprises. Interviewers really seemed to care about me and made the process very pleasant. Very genuine and honest interview process overall. Interviewers were very flexible in when we could meet and based on conversation with Alterna's recruiter (during the screening process) I was very prepared.

Interview Questions

• My former experience that lends itself to current role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation went well. No concerns.

Interview

It was good, 1 telephone interview, 3 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were related to the job position and professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Front Line Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alterna Savings in February 2011.

Interview

Went in the first time to meet with the manager, the whole process was about an hour. We went through a list of behavioral questions. The second one was more of the situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have a confilct with a customer and how you handled it   Answer Question