Alternative Asset Investment Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alternative Asset Investment Management

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alternative Asset Investment Management (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a group interview with some young looking people. Turns out the interviewers were also interns. The interviewers read their questions from a script and just took notes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alternative Asset Investment Management (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

They really asked behavioral question only and some basic background knowledge about hedge fund.
    They posted online they're looking for hedge fund intern, but when I was at the interview, the office was not even close to start up company. And people working their whether as intern or full time, I don't even know what they're doing. They don't even have terminal etc etc. No disrespect, but head of people working there (I can't even call it as a team), from Penn State, which never really goes into hedge fund.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alternative Asset Investment Management.

Interview

Simple and easy, but not a legitimate workplace and not worth your time. They're not an actual hedge fund, or anything remotely close to that. The people working there are largely incompetent; none of them go to good schools or anything like that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alternative Asset Investment Management.

Interview

Applied on-line and received invitation for on-site interview in 3 days. The interview is finished within 15 mins with two interviewers. The office environment is leisure, all the people are in the big room.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alternative Asset Investment Management (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It is a group interview.The manager will start from briefly introduce yourself, and asking question that relative to finance area such as What is different between hedge fund and mutual fund? The manager is nice and kind. The office is small local in NY, where near by penn station. The interview is easy, do some research and take a breath before going to interview.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alternative Asset Investment Management.

Interview

The interview was held at noon, they interviewed several candidates together, asking same questions. Most questions were about experiences on resume. They took notes about my answer and said that they would report it to the boss, who would make a decision later. I guess guys who interviewed me are interns.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alternative Asset Investment Management in June 2014.

Interview

Very simple and quick, within one week. Got the interview one day after I apply online. The questions were most about yourself and some basic concepts. It's an unpaid intern so nothing difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alternative Asset Investment Management (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I had an interview for Noon and the interview process seemed to be have been no more than 20 min. He just sat me down and went through my resume. He then ended up telling me about this conference they're having and then went on to tell me that the internship position would mostly be able IT.

This company isn't a HF, all they really do is get people from HF's together and introduce them to other investors. They're like the "middle man".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is my first internship and I figured it would be something to put on my resume.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alternative Asset Investment Management (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

The interview mostly consist of FIT qs