KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Altium Limited Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

Employee Referral6%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Altium Limited

Altium Limited

Application

I interviewed at Altium Limited

Interview

I applied within a few hours of the role being posted, hear back an hour later asking for an interview, responsive a good start. I respond saying I’m available the next morning, and the meeting is setup. At this time “LinkedIn Insights” show there’s one other candidate that’s applied for the position(however reliable that is). Ready to talk to recruiter, but next thing you know they cancel 10 minutes before the meeting. “The hiring manager has decided to move forward with another candidate for this particular role at this time.” Seriously?? So I’m supposed to believe this one other rockstar candidate blew them away enough for the hiring manager to disregard interviewing anyone else, 10 minutes before a phone screwing? Or more likely, either the recruiter, hiring manager, or both are very unprofessional and like wasting peoples time. They then have the audacity to follow up saying they know it’s disappointing but “I’m now in their system for any future jobs!” Don’t bother.

Altium Limited

Application

I interviewed at Altium Limited

Interview

the interview went very well everyone was friendly and welcoming when I arrived in the office. I met with the manager and a current employee to get a feel of the position

Interview Questions
  • how do you go about researching new leads
    Answer Question

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Altium Limited

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altium Limited

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter by phone, then a virtual call with a hiring manager. After two weeks, a panel interview was scheduled with various team members. Some technical questions, but more focused on my operational experience and how I deal with stakeholders. I was called saying the company was giving me an offer. Great, I thought. Two months later and the offer still has not been sent, and the recruiter has since ghosted me. Awful experience.

Interview Questions
  • Asked a few technical questions about Salesforce and Sales Cloud. Nothing specific. Projects I've worked on, etc.

Altium Limited

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altium Limited in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by the recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes. It was weird. The recruiter was over-excited, over-positive, saying everything was fantastic. He told me multiple times they were looking for people like me, but also saying "it's so much more than just calling a long list of clients" - if he felt the need to tell me that, it's a very bad sign imho, it means it's exactly what the job is about. He told me at the end of the interview he was excited by my profile and that I was short listed, and that I would hear back from him for the next interview within 2 days. And then... Nothing. He ghosted me. I sent him messages, he didn't even bother answering. I received an automatic rejection from LinkedIn after 2 weeks. Suddenly, another 2 weeks later, he sent me a message telling me the position had been filled internally. All-in-all, not a good experience.

Interview Questions
  • The recruiter asked pretty classic questions about my background.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altium Limited (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2020

Interview

1. Screening interview with HR (basic CS questions) 2. Coding home assignment (mid-level difficulty) 3. Live coding interview with the tech lead (hard problem) 4. Final talk with HR on salary and benefits.

Interview Questions
  • Basic algorithm time and space complexity questions; Interface design questions for C++ class; Geometry algorithms questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, Sankt-Peterburg

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altium Limited (Saint Petersburg, Sankt-Peterburg) in Aug 2020

Interview

Before an interview they gave me an assignment to write an application in C++ that generates and sorts strings in a file. The challenge was that the file size should be very large - 10 Gb. I liked the challenge and spent a weekend working on it, trying and evaluating different sorting algorithms to make it work faster. The interview process was less exciting though. They did not even say thank you for writing the assignment or congratulate me with passing the first stage, but started from attacking my writing style. They did not give me any guidelines about writing style, etc. so their complains took me by surprise. They spent half an hour asking me why I did not use a smart pointer and simply used a pointer in some part. That's such a waste of time and made an impression that they did not prepare for an interview.

Interview Questions
  • They typed two class hierarchy with constructor/destructors. Derived class had an exception in constructor. Then they asked me to say which functions will be called in what order. All subsequent questions were around throwing an exception.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altium Limited (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2020

Interview

Initial phone call with HR, coding screen test, in-person interview. Because this was for a UX Developer position rather than a full-developer position, they didn't know how to assess UX knowledge. They only asked coding-related questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altium Limited (La Jolla, CA) in Feb 2019

Interview

I did a phone interview and then a in person interview and both were good. was hired but when started working the job was not the job they told me I got hired for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev, Kiev

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altium Limited (Kiev, Kiev) in Dec 2018

Interview

I were asked mainly about my experience. Interviewer shared with my general view of the position and its role in the company. Explained what kind of person do they need and which perspectives for me it could have in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What is your the most important skill for this position?

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altium Limited (San Diego, CA) in Mar 2017

Interview

I had a phone interview with my current boss. The interview took about 30-45 minutes and he was very nice. I was quite nervous because I didn't know what to expect. The phone interview went a lot smoother than I thought it would. He said that he would have someone contact me within the next few days if he wanted to continue the process. The next day I got a call from human resources telling me that I got the job. I didn't even need a second in person interview because the phone interview went so well. I was surprised by extremely happy to know that I got the job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you applied for this position? What do I know about Alitum and what they do? What do I know about PCB? What experience do you have with marketing and how would you be an asset to the marketing team?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews